Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    02 Z28

2002 camaro halos!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...Q5fAccessories

do you guys think its worth $208 + $43 shipping = $251... halo lights with side markers, bumpers...

after this i am shopping for an hid kit for it too...

i think itll look good on my skee-z28 haha. already have a black powdercoated billet grille too on standby waitin on the headlights.

Artic
    2002 Z28

the rubber stripping on those blow, I bought mine less than a year ago and they just came apart... got all chewed up and what not. if you wanna use the thick stock stripping and try and replace it, i'd say go for it.. or rip apart your stocks like I did and paint the inside flat black
    2002 Z28 Slighty modded...

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

price wise not to bad. the front light go for about 45 shipped the rear are about the same and some halos are around 110- 140 shipped. it would be a nice package.

02 Z28

where do you get those rubber strips? a guy in here with a bright blue maro has them. he said he never had problems with them. but it shouldn't be that hard to replace the rubber part after it starts f'n up.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i actually have these... haha. they didnt fit too well but i adjusted them to the point where i was happy and they were snug enough... i lovvve the look of them... i spent a good month trying to decide which halos to get and i like these cuz the 2 halos per headlight with the LEDs running up the side...

i honestly dont know how they hold up past the 1st year or so.. i just bought mine this summer and stored the car a month ago so i havent had a chance to really "put them to the test"... otherwise they look real good (look @ my avatar)

anyway.. i'm also curious in HIDs possibly for this kit? i think i remember someone earlier in another thread saying these are "H3" bulbs? whatever that means? i'm confused on if i could just put in those "sylvania Silverstar ultralight" light bulbs? would they have the same effect as HIDS?

IF NOT where could we buy the HIDs for this set of headlights?

i'll post some pics if i can find them of it

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

fitment:

highbeams:

far away:

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I used to have these on my car. You have to play around with the fitment to get them sitting flush. The beam pattern with these is narrow. I had HIds and they still did not produce more light than the stock lights. These use an H3 bulb which is a common bulb size for a fog light. I would recommend you look into the other projectors. They use an H1 bulb which is much better for light output.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item2c51ff272e

There are some pics of the light output of these projectors with HIDs.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...-lights-2.html

02 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I used to have these on my car. You have to play around with the fitment to get them sitting flush. The beam pattern with these is narrow. I had HIds and they still did not produce more light than the stock lights. These use an H3 bulb which is a common bulb size for a fog light. I would recommend you look into the other projectors. They use an H1 bulb which is much better for light output.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item2c51ff272e

There are some pics of the light output of these projectors with HIDs.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...-lights-2.html
    thanks! im not really into the led's on the side though. i was thinking twice with the 1 i picked out. i want to whistler mod but that just means i have to buy a new pair and tear them down to get painted. might as well get halos.

*to people that have this halo v
    http://www.slickcar.com/products/02-PT-CO-98-Blk.jpg
    it said on ebay that you cant use hid kits with them... is it true? that the closest id get to getting halos because i didnt like the led's......

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

You can use HIDs in them. Just a way for a company to cover their ass by making that statement.

If you don't like the LEDs in the projectors you can leave them unconnected. I had mine unconnected when I did have them.

former bright green
    98 z28

You can use HIDs in them. Just a way for a company to cover their ass by making that statement.

If you don't like the LEDs in the projectors you can leave them unconnected. I had mine unconnected when I did have them.
    He's right, you can have them unplugged, but be carefull to choose the right wires or else bye bye halos and LEDs.

Fitment was a minor but painful issue if you are picky about it (like me).

First thing that happened was that the vertical adjusting bolt nut broke and fell off.
    I was so upset when it happened, but I found a piece of wire and had to tighten the hole piece with the wire so it wouldn't fell off.
    Had to put a longer screw with washers and nuts form side to side.

I've had these since the beginning of the year and the top clear coat is starting to peel off.

Another thing is that the front corner lenses are very cheaply made. I installed them and on the first week the socket melted causing some major leaks inside making your bulbs blow with the contact with water. Nothing some good gasket maker can't fix.

Overall this package is good for the money, but you need to be cautious and be prepared to do some DIY work.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hiramsuito View Post
    He's right, you can have them unplugged, but be carefull to choose the right wires or else bye bye halos and LEDs.

Fitment was a minor but painful issue if you are picky about it (like me).

First thing that happened was that the vertical adjusting bolt nut broke and fell off.
    I was so upset when it happened, but I found a piece of wire and had to tighten the hole piece with the wire so it wouldn't fell off.
    Had to put a longer screw with washers and nuts form side to side.

I've had these since the beginning of the year and the top clear coat is starting to peel off.

Another thing is that the front corner lenses are very cheaply made. I installed them and on the first week the socket melted causing some major leaks inside making your bulbs blow with the contact with water. Nothing some good gasket maker can't fix.

Overall this package is good for the money, but you need to be cautious and be prepared to do some DIY work.
    what gasket maker are you speaking of? like general silicone?

and what do you mean the clear coat is coming off?

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

i bought my HID's from here and ive had no problem's!
    And i put HID's in my fog lights too so that means they should fit in Halo lights.
    And there's no guessing bc you just look up your car and year then it shows the bulb that fits.

http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com/

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by vonskee-z28 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...Q5fAccessories

do you guys think its worth $208 + $43 shipping = $251... halo lights with side markers, bumpers...

after this i am shopping for an hid kit for it too...

i think itll look good on my skee-z28 haha. already have a black powdercoated billet grille too on standby waitin on the headlights.
    If you're not gonna be using your stockers, for the right price I may want them. Let me know.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by vonskee-z28 View Post
    thanks! im not really into the led's on the side though. i was thinking twice with the 1 i picked out. i want to whistler mod but that just means i have to buy a new pair and tear them down to get painted. might as well get halos.

*to people that have this halo v
    http://www.slickcar.com/products/02-PT-CO-98-Blk.jpg
    it said on ebay that you cant use hid kits with them... is it true? that the closest id get to getting halos because i didnt like the led's......
    you can use hids w/ these. I do

and single ring halos ftw!

02 Z28

thanks for all the help but i changed my mind.. looks like its going to be a lot of work and they arent as durable. im just getting the regular halos with 1 ring for now. they look great to me. getting hids for them and the fogs. and sorry i wont be selling my stocks. im going to whistler mod them see how i do with it. once again appreciate all the help!!!!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I dont really like the halos headlights they have now...I think a company needs to redesign them...IMO the outter halo should be bigger than in interior one..

White
    2001 RS Camaro

I have them on my 2001 RS and love them. I used the factory stripping cause the ones that come in the install kit just suck and you have a very noticeable gap when you close the hood. Also the ones in the install kit fall apart to quick. But they just look better than the stock headlights so me and are brighter.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

My 00 Z28s headlights are pretty discolored. I've used cleaner kits but they still have lots of staining on them. I've considered the halo lights as a cheap and good looking replacement. First, are they basically "plug and play"? I don't want to get involved in rewiring. Second, do the lenses hold up to weather? I'm in CA, but the car lives outside. Third, how do the halo lights work? Do the halos stay on all the time or do they come on instead of the low beams. Could someone relate the high beam, low beam, halo on and totally off positions to the photos posted by mamouth713? Why are these lights so much cheaper than the genuine Chevy OEM units? I was blown away by the prices when I started looking to replace my lights with OEM units.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

the high beams are the 2 lights toward the center of the car, the low beams are the outer 2 lights on either side...

like i said my car is in storage... so i'm trying to remember..

either way, you have to "wire" to the ballast it comes with for the HALOs... other than that, the high beams and low beams plug right in as they did OEM...

you can wire the halos 2 different ways..

1) Splice off the fog lights... (i prefered this way so my foglight switch controlled the halos on/off)

OR

2) Slice off the daytime running lamps.. (these wires are closer to the headlights which would make it easier to splice i suppose.) However, this method leaves the halos on no matter what with no control.

black

You can use HID headlights in them. Just a way for a company to cover their ass by making that statement.

I would sugguest you to connect the leds,they are so attractive.

Thread Information