Thread: 2001 z28

red
    2001 z-28

2001 z28

well tomorrow i am going to look at a 2001 z-28. it is rally red with the side skirt and bumper package thing, black leather, auto., t tops, 58,000 miles and is carfax certified which tells me its had four owners. from the pics online it looks good but it only shows the outside front/back, right/left, the odo, and the crappy pioneer cd player. i talked to the guy and he said its very nice(of course) and it has heated seats, trac. control. keyless entry and thats about all i know. what do i need to look for when i go to buy it. i dont want it if its had cams and all that shit in it. but what are some thing that need to be looked at before you buy a camaro.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

I would think around here that car should go for between $11-14,000.00 just really depending on what dealer.Just watch out for the body kit Ive seen some that are coming off ,the little plastic push pins that hold it on fall out.But not too bad of a fix really.See how all the doors,trunk, t-tops line up and you can usually tell how bad it was romped on.other than that listen for any pops ,transmission shifting bad,struts,etc.
    Im pretty sure just about all ls1's have a little lifter noise or else alot of people i know have a problem, so dont be to worried if you here them as long as it isnt anything radical ,but you can here them.I dont know what all you have driven but even a stock camaro is pretty damn quick so if its not look for another one.

i got mine for $14,000.00 with 30,000 miles,six speed,leather,t-tops,and was clean as hell and it would beat a pretty stock 04cobra=no pully when i got it,with nothing but exhaust

red
    2001 z-28

the dealer is asking 12,900 for it, which i thought wasnt a bad deal but four owners is what gets me. the carfax report doesnt really tell me anything other than it has never been wreck. i really wish it had how old the drivers were. the first owner said personal and the other owners had a dash where it said purpose. i wonder if the dealer used it or what but they would have had to have drove it from 4,000 miles to 58,000.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

I bought a lightly modded 98 with 16K miles, 2 owners, and clean as brand new, for 11.5K.

For comparison's sake.

I'd say shop around. Try autotrader, especially this time of year.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by dbunch View Post
    the dealer is asking 12,900 for it, which i thought wasnt a bad deal but four owners is what gets me. the carfax report doesnt really tell me anything other than it has never been wreck. i really wish it had how old the drivers were. the first owner said personal and the other owners had a dash where it said purpose. i wonder if the dealer used it or what but they would have had to have drove it from 4,000 miles to 58,000.
    pretty much all of that i wanted to mention but forgot/got tired of typing.
    its not uncommon around here for a dealer too drive these cars for a week or two trust me ive seen it.
    and i wondered about the age of the drivers myself but it probably was run hard more than a few times but aslong as it isnt too modded out and runs well,no leaks or wierd noises doesnt sound to bad and check for any extra little drill holes in the motor bay where they might have mounted nitrous or something but ive had mine for a awhile

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    I bought a lightly modded 98 with 16K miles, 2 owners, and clean as brand new, for 11.5K.

For comparison's sake.

I'd say shop around. Try autotrader, especially this time of year.
    good thought

red
    2001 z-28

i actually seen it on autotrader.com. thats alot of miles for dealers to drive it. if anyone knows how to interpret the carfax anymore than i, the car is on auto trader.com, red with black outs. it has a free carfax you can look at.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

All the best deals are right now before the end of the year. Every dealer's cars they have on the lot as of Janurary 1st. 12:00 AM they have to pay taxes for it, which they hate so even if they loose money on the car, they will sell just to get rid of whatever they have.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

i actually seen it on autotrader.com. thats alot of miles for dealers to drive it. if anyone knows how to interpret the carfax anymore than i, the car is on auto trader.com, red with black outs. it has a free carfax you can look at.
    Tell him the max you can possibly afford is 11K. Do it over the phone, he'll tell you they can't go that low. He will call you back within 3 days and tell you "I think I can work something out with you to get that car in your price range", or something similar.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Because I was bored, I found you a 98 Z28 with under 18K miles for 12.9K, lightly modded, aftermarket wheels. You could probably get it for less than 12 with some hagglin.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=473

And 2002 Z28 with 18500 miles. This one has z06 wheels and some kind of aftermarket badges.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=1094

Get one of these! Please, don't do the 50K miles for the same price.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    Because I was bored, I found you a 98 Z28 with under 18K miles for 12.9K, lightly modded, aftermarket wheels. You could probably get it for less than 12 with some hagglin.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=473

And 2002 Z28 with 18500 miles. This one has z06 wheels and some kind of aftermarket badges.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=1094

Get one of these! Please, don't do the 50K miles for the same price.
    First off, four owners is usually not such a good sign, it means four other people bailed on the car before 50k. That could mean trouble, or lemon, or just stupid people living above thier means. Second, that car should be had for around 10.5, maybe 11 plus tax. It KBB's at 13430, and I guarantee the dealer paid around 7 for it. http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...&Mileage=50000 (wow, long link) As for condition, to my knowledge these cars never came with heated seats, so that aftermarket, check out who installed them, look into the wiring, if its shoddy, you could have a nice crispy interior one day.
    Third, 58k is nothing for a dealer to drive around on. If it was 98k, that would be a different story, but 58k is low mileage for the year. However, it would be in your own best interests to take it to your own mechanic, thrown him a bill to go through the car with a fine toothed comb. 4 owners under 58k is scary.
    Lastly, the 98 mentioned about is at best an 8g car, due to year (10 yrs old) and the other one seems to good to be true.
    Just tryiong to offer some assistance. I've also got some experience deciphering carfax's, if you would like the help.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

shop around, That price is way too much money.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

i got mine from a dealer in october of 2006, it had 52k and only one owner, all Z28 options and i paid $11.9, so look, look, look around. I got a pretty descent deal and there's a lot better out there, so take your time and check around. I know it's hard to take time when you want that V-8 power!
    2002 Electron Blue Z06, Performance Bir Break Kit, Vararam Intake, Borla Quad Tip Stingers

Black 2001 Z28/SS Clone, A4, SLP Lid, True Duals, SFC's, 3.73's, Black SS rims, Falken 275's, Tune 327/342 HP SOLD

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

if anyone knows how to interpret the carfax anymore than i, the car is on auto trader.com, red with black outs. it has a free carfax you can look at.
    what is your local zip code to search autotrader with??
    I have looked at a few carfax's, but every state can be different on their reporting to carfax, if the same owner refinances or pays off the car, it may be reported as a new owner. I saw that kind of thing on my past car....

Black
    2000 T/A

four owners isn't neccesarily a bad thing, but you have to understand. even if it had been owned by one person, how many people do you know with ss camaros, ta's etc. that say they drive it slow and baby it 100% of the time and they just bought it to drive arund town? you kinda have to understand any car like ours has had the shit driven out of it by someone in it's life...that's just they way it is.
    nice car, but I'd shop around some more, there are better deals out there

Thread Information