Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 camaro ss

2001 Camaro ss m6

I first bought the car from a owner in orange county... Shorty after recieving the car about three weeks later After taking it to the shop due to flashing cel's.... Turns out the last owner dropped cylinder number 7 and tryed to hide it. So I am replacing the engine and filing a small claims lawsuit as he claimed the engine was in perfect condition and never sprayed.... After some internet dectective skills I uncovered his sn and also his post that said he blew the engine and was going to sale it AFTER he removed the 15lb nitrous bottle in the spare time compartment.

So far...
    2001 70k mile ls1 I picked up for an awesome price.
    All new gaskets
    Ls6 oil pump
    Gm Factory headbolts
    Clevite main bearings
    Clevite rod bearings
    Sealed power standard bore piston rings
    Slp smooth Bellow
    msd wires
    tr555 plugs
    torquer tv2
    dual springs
    hardened pushrods
    ls6 intake
    Home ported tb
    ported maf
    pacesetter lt's
    tsp true duals
    3" in x pipe
    Ws6 store engraved ss shift knob
    Ws6 store short stick
    Bit viper shorty antenna
    4liter designs decals
    Ebay clear corners
    Side sunoco Stripe
    2 12" inch w3v1 subwoofers
    1 1500 watt amp 2 channel
    1 400 watt 4 channel amp
    Vht red engine enamel

When I first picked up the car 2 months ago......Car only has 81k :judge:

The car on the war to Advanced Automotive for a diagnostic Due to CEL

Found out cylinder #7 was blown and the Owner tried to hide it as he sold the car. Also Found out the owner had a full nitrous kit on the car he lied about. The #7 cylinder piston has a hole through it and the block is cracked.

Picked up a 71k mile 2001 ls1 with a ls6 intake for 1000 dollars. :nod:

The block is already torn down and is ready to be hot tanked. And slightly honed and re-assembeled, Upon tear down the engine was in GREAT condition. It clearly has cross hatching still visible on the cylinder walls and the bearings show no signs of wear. My buddy previously from cbm will be building my entire engine from scratch and doing the valve job for 900 bucks flat as a favor ( He built engines at cbm for 8 years straight). :hail:

Just finishing up on new parts as I wait for the bearings to come to we can re-assemble...Still have the drillbit mod and the rear brakes to paint.. But i will not be doing the rear brakes until the engine is back in the car.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

sucks to hear that happened to me as well, mine had destroyed main bearings and a cam with 3 downed lobes. had it a week and it blew up. luckily was able to get a bigger and better set up out of the deal that i know is new
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

Are you in Oklahoma by chance? Reason I ask is I saw a black 01 SS m6 on the Tulsa Craigslist that looked identical to that one. Rims and even the decal on the rear window but it is gone now.

Good luck with getting it back on the road.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

were are you located in ok? im norman, okc area

I'm a moron. Re read your original post where it clearly states you bought the car in California. Excuse my stupidity.

I'm in Tulsa.

Don't currently have an fbody anymore but hoping to change that within the next couple of months.

Glad to see a fellow Okie on here.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

theres quite a few of us on here Z28Thunder is a mod here and also located in tulsa

Black
    2001 camaro ss

I attempted to do the drill mod today and said F it.... i want to get the car back together first and make sure everything is good then start other mods.. I want the least amount of diagnostic work when the engine is first fired... And plus.. That third gear highshift issue isnt really that apparent on my car... and plus. Anything that helps me keep my foot out of it is a positive thing.

Black
    2001 camaro ss

Just finished the drill mod today!!! And got word back the engine will be ready by this weekend... the heads are getting cleaned and my double springs installed along with hardened pushrods!!! Im excited...

Also I found out how much of a mickey mouse mechanic the last owner was.. This guys mechanical skills are shotty

On a side note.. I had to order another stripe because my driver side one turned out crooked

- - - Updated - - -

Will be doing the 1/2 whisper mod tomorrow.. wish me luck!!

Since you mentioned you picked it up for an awesome price,,,you can't complain too much.

Most anything cheap out there is going to need work. Now if you paid full market value for a low mile car that has issues,,,,then there is reason for concern.

Look at it this way,,,,since I'd guess an awesome price means it had to be very cheap judging by todays society,,,,you probably have a solid car after all the work and are still not over your head in the car. Plus,,,now that you've been through it, you know exactly what's been done and the quality of the work, a certain sense of pride,,,you get the idea.
    The rest of it looks nice enough from what I can see in the pics.

Black
    2001 camaro ss

I actually have a HUGE sense of pride since im fiixing all the owners last issues.. I finally feel like its MY creation now.. not someone elses idea that im driving.

Black
    2001 camaro ss

P.S... i bought it for 8500... So it was a good deal with a running engine. ya know?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyou View Post
    I attempted to do the drill mod today and said F it.... i want to get the car back together first and make sure everything is good then start other mods.. I want the least amount of diagnostic work when the engine is first fired... And plus.. That third gear highshift issue isnt really that apparent on my car... and plus. Anything that helps me keep my foot out of it is a positive thing.
    What drill mod are you talking about?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I first bought the car from a owner in orange county... Shorty after recieving the car about three weeks later After taking it to the shop due to flashing cel's.... Turns out the last owner dropped cylinder number 7 and tryed to hide it. So I am replacing the engine and filing a small claims lawsuit as he claimed the engine was in perfect condition and never sprayed.... After some internet dectective skills I uncovered his sn and also his post that said he blew the engine and was going to sale it AFTER he removed the 15lb nitrous bottle in the spare time compartment.

So far...
    2001 70k mile ls1 I picked up for an awesome price.
    All new gaskets
    Ls6 oil pump
    Gm Factory headbolts
    Clevite main bearings
    Clevite rod bearings
    Sealed power standard bore piston rings
    Slp smooth Bellow
    msd wires
    tr555 plugs
    torquer tv2
    dual springs
    hardened pushrods
    ls6 intake
    Home ported tb
    ported maf
    pacesetter lt's
    tsp true duals
    3" in x pipe
    Ws6 store engraved ss shift knob
    Ws6 store short stick
    Bit viper shorty antenna
    4liter designs decals
    Ebay clear corners
    Side sunoco Stripe
    2 12" inch w3v1 subwoofers
    1 1500 watt amp 2 channel
    1 400 watt 4 channel amp
    Vht red engine enamel

When I first picked up the car 2 months ago......Car only has 81k :judge:

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

The car on the war to Advanced Automotive for a diagnostic Due to CEL

Found out cylinder #7 was blown and the Owner tried to hide it as he sold the car. Also Found out the owner had a full nitrous kit on the car he lied about. The #7 cylinder piston has a hole through it and the block is cracked.

Picked up a 71k mile 2001 ls1 with a ls6 intake for 1000 dollars. :nod:

Click for full size

The block is already torn down and is ready to be hot tanked. And slightly honed and re-assembeled, Upon tear down the engine was in GREAT condition. It clearly has cross hatching still visible on the cylinder walls and the bearings show no signs of wear. My buddy previously from cbm will be building my entire engine from scratch and doing the valve job for 900 bucks flat as a favor ( He built engines at cbm for 8 years straight). :hail:

Just finishing up on new parts as I wait for the bearings to come to we can re-assemble...Still have the drillbit mod and the rear brakes to paint.. But i will not be doing the rear brakes until the engine is back in the car.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Nice ride..i see you have lt`s etc.....being from same state we should talk emissions..Ill pm you sometime ok?

Black
    2001 camaro ss

Much appreciated... I hate this states emission laws...

Black
    2001 camaro ss

I did the drill mod and the whistler mod today aswell as put that decals on the hood and the back of the car. Im waiting for my pinup nose emblem from emblem pros and my replacement stripe from fourthcircledesigns... The engine is coming from the hot tank and cleaning shop tonight.. Assembly will begin tomorrow.

Black
    2001 camaro ss

As you can see if you look closely... I had a bubble come up when I sealed the lights with silicon... It looks like my camaro has a tear in its eye lol. You can see it in the last picture of the drivers side headlight...luckily it isnt that noticeable. Also Id rather have a bubble than a foggy headlight.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Much appreciated... I hate this states emission laws...
    ..................This is for you Ca. emissions laws and B.A.R...................

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I had to demod my 12 second 02 when I moved back to Cali so I could pass smog. Lucky for me I had the foresight to keep all the stock pieces...

My sig still shows the mods.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I had to demod my 12 second 02 when I moved back to Cali so I could pass smog. Lucky for me I had the foresight to keep all the stock pieces...

My sig still shows the mods.
    The only thing on your sig i see as a problem would be the LT`s right? Thats whats THE problem for me...well also the hi-flo cats but mostly the Lt`s for visual.

Thread Information