Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1998 ss Camaro Snake Skinner SE?

This is a discussion on 1998 ss Camaro Snake Skinner SE? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by eymana Well mister hyde the car that i'm getting is made by Tommy C. Morrison of Morrison ...

Quote Originally Posted by eymana View Post
    Well mister hyde the car that i'm getting is made by Tommy C. Morrison of Morrison Motorsports, maybe u should do some research about him, He's done alot more for GM than Don Yenko or Nickey or even Berger, and those cars weren't going for big bucks back then. The guy designed the northstar engine for cadillac and helped GM and Mobil to merge for a corvette raciong team that is still going. Then guy has the legal rights to the snake skinner name, there were only 4 built in 1998, and a few more the next year, most of the cars or in private collections for the sake of it might be something like a yenko or nickey. The kid that got it doesn't know what he's got he could care less about the camaro since he got a brand new hayabusa and needs somethign to haul it around so i'm taking advantage of it. your in seattle, i guess i could call my car mister hyde and get some plates that say that.
    He didn't design the northstar engine. It was patterned after the LT5 in ZR1 corvettes which were designed by lotus engineers.

The guy may have done this or that but those cars are nothing but modified camaros with stickers. I seriously doubt any of them are sitting in any collection nor are they comparable to berger or even intimidator SS. Those are collectible and worth good $$$. You are getting a deal on this one because it is not.

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

that is all berger is a modified camaro with some sticker that say BERGER, there is no diffrence, just because you haven't heard of one doesn't mean its nothing or not worth nothing. And what about the granatelli motorsports camros they built in 2001 with just suspension mods only three of them, they have a small article in CHP about that, its no diffrent.

Mr. Morrison’s current partnership, with banker and racing-car developer Warren Mosler has resulted in the MT900. In 2000, NMAH appointed him to its Development Advisory Committee for America on the Move. In 1997, Mr. Morrison responded to the Smithsonian's request and donated one of his ZR-l racing Corvettes. The car thus became the first sports car collected by the Smithsonian. Mr. Morrison's engine development work led to the improvement of synthetic oils marketed by Mobil and also led to the development of GM's "Northstar" engine, used in today's Cadillacs. In the mid-1980s, he brought General Motors and Mobil together to create the Mobil I Corvette Racing Team. For 10 years, Morrison's Mobil I Corvettes and Camaros dominated endurance racing in the United States for production-based cars. For the Albany Realty Co., Mr. Morrison innovated the use of U.S. Geological Survey data on specific conditions of soil and water to match buyers with land best suited for timber or various crops. One sale - for 13,000 acres to Container Corporation of America - provided capital to begin his own commercial real estate firm, and also led to a relationship with Mobil Corporation, which owned CCA. Mr. Morrison resides in Albany, GA.

The thing you seem to be missing here is the berger camaro is a sought after collecter car and this is not. All the dribble you post on here is not going to change that. Are they just modded camaros with badges yes but people are willing to a pay premium for them that is the difference. I hope you like the car and enjoy it but all the research and stories are not going to make it more valuable.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Look...The guy's got a Hero in Mr. Morrison. Fine, we all need a Hero. I hope he enjoy's the car as much as I've enjoyed mine for all the years I've had it, as we all do wish him well. He's showing respect to all the members while making his point. I've got no prob with the newbie. Go in peace my friend and enjoy your new ride. I'm personally looking forward to my new Cyber Grey 2009 Z06!

black
    99 z28 a4

im pretty sure the aluminum zl1 were copo... yenkos where basically stripper 396 cars that at first got the iron 427 installed at the dealership....

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Any pics yet?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Yeah, I want to see this snake skinner and find out total performance. I am going to name mine here soon. The RT performance addition. RT is who did my car, sell it for $1,000,000.00 who is interested, its 1 of 1 built.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

If you pay for the shipping in an enclosed trailer, I'll pay cash for the full amount. How soon can we close the deal?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    If you pay for the shipping in an enclosed trailer, I'll pay cash for the full amount. How soon can we close the deal?
    I will fly it to you if you purchase it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The name dummy.
    lets keep it to AAG

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Let's see..This guy does some mods to the car, names it "Snake Skinner" and puts some decals on it, and now everyone's interested in it. Hmmmm.....I named my car Mr. Hyde after the monster in Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde (I own that plate too) and modded my car, but no one's interested in buying it even though it's in the "For Sale" dept.
    Oh Shit! I forgot the all important STICKERS!!!!!! Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some of those stickers!?
    not to thread jack but you should take it to compact car corner in lynnwood everett area I hear they sell on consignnment and they carry nothing but old school american muscle..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I'm no genious, but I think there would be a difference. If the dealer did it all, its different than a Yenko I believe. Yenkos were COPO (Central Office Production Order), which would be different since the Yenkos came with the big motor and such from the factory. Only thing the dealer did to them was the appearance and such I believe. I'm not 100% on that though...
    The yenkos had the infamous zl-1 all aluminum big block motor hardly sticker.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The yenkos had the infamous zl-1 all aluminum big block motor hardly sticker.
    Ok Mr. Knowitall...Nowhere did I say they were just sticker cars.

I actually said something to the contrary, not to mention the Yenko didn't come with the ZL1...That would be the (dumdumdum) ZL1 Camaro. Only made in 69, only made 69.
    Last edited by squee; 08-16-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

No pics. I was promised pics. I guess the kid found out what he had.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Maybe he got (snake) skinned!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I want pics too.

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

damnit ive been stalking this thread forever to see some pics!!!!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

I even googled that car to find pics and can't find anything. I'm back here to see the pics myself.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Bringing back an old one...................anyone ever hear anything else from the original poster about his SNAKE SKINNER?

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

obviously 3 months later and no story or no pict i guess his SNAKE was SKINNED

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information