Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

155mph for the first time

This is a discussion on 155mph for the first time within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey i don't blame you at all, i know i'll have the temptation to do that when i get a ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

wow

hey i don't blame you at all, i know i'll have the temptation to do that when i get a ls1, but i mean think about hitting into something at 155 mph......i think most of the car would dicenergrate(sp) and seat belts would be pointless becuase you'd just go threw them.......not to mention what happens if you hit a possum............poor possum well hey congrads on staying alive and congrads on having a ls1.....lucky punk :P

frankthetankjfpc
    haha. thanks guys. i have 3:7:3 gears sooo, i dont think i was doing anywhere near 210. maybe 180 or somthing? i dont know because the speedo goes to only 155

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

next time just have a bike next to you and then you can calculate the actual speed much easier without guessing

-Doug

Get a GPS and you can read your speed right off the GPS. That is what I do. Also, don't let those grampas spoil your fun guy. It is not the brightest thing to do, but most everybody I know with one of these cars has pushed them to see if they would do what is on the speedo. They will with ease...I did it once. Speed limiter kicks in at 160. I was in Vegas, it was night and I was the only lights for miles in either direction.
    Last edited by jdearles; 03-20-2006 at 06:15 AM.

Aaron's SS
    Ya going that fast is stupid but almost everyone has gone over lets say 100mph. Even at 100mph you could still kill some one or yourself pretty ez. I personally dont see a problem wioth going that fast when no one else is aroound but that is just my personel preference.

Midnight Blue Metalic
    2000 SS

Statiscally more people are killed on US highways than the German Autoban where certain sections have no speed limits. Just use commonsense when you go that fast. Most of us will do it time to time. I went a little over 155 a couple months ago at 1:30am. No one around but me, the car was very stable.

stinkfinger
    damn, i've been at 160 on a bike, that was stupid, never doing it again. 145 in my 97z, that was stupid, probably gonna do it again someday.
    We only get so many "oh shit" chances, my question would be why waste it on a fucking saab?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

it wasnt to kill the saab, i felt like this was the right time to push my car

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Fastest I've ever been in a car was 145-150 in my 97 Seville STS I used to have. 155 is pretty scary, but at least you are doing it in a car that is made for it!

stinkfinger
    as long as you didn't blow your load on a saab!!

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by SailorZ28
    Fastest I've ever been in a car was 145-150 in my 97 Seville STS I used to have. 155 is pretty scary, but at least you are doing it in a car that is made for it!

thats right

purple
    1993 Z28

Sadly enough i think ill beat all of you in the stupidest and yet coolest experience ive ever done in my life... i bought a 93 z28 with 52k about 3 years ago and only put about 12k on it. I live in houston and about a month into having the car it was raining hard and drving to katy...duno why but i punched it to 135 in 1.5 inch rain went on the HOV lane.... hitting that fast in the rain dried up my car and the windshield wipers were screaching for water. stupid i know but coolest experience ive ever been, non the less.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

SS~ZOSO~SS,

Listen young man, don't do it again on a public road. I know nothing happened and it was cool, but WHAT IF you hit a pothole? WHAT IF you blew a tire? Are you gonna swirv outta the way of a semi trucks gatorback laying on the road? I don't think so. I know what your saying man. I've been to 151mph and got caught at 130mph. The cop wrote me a ticket for 99mph. He also wrote me for willfull reckless. I considered my self lucky. Your 17 with a high powered machine. Act like you know by giving it the repect. Bet your parents wouldn't be too happy. Prolly take that car away before prom. I would do that instead of sending out funeral notices. Come on dude think! Sorry if I'm playing the old man asshole bit but it's to get you thinkin.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

What if he got stuck by lightning while he was doing it?

Not trying to be a jerk. . but. . .

IT'S NO BIG DEAL. Nothing happened, he isn't telling stories about how he does it every other day weaving in and out of traffic. If we're old enough to own the car, we're old enough to make decisions that pertain to our own safety.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

thank you Z Driver 1

Quote Originally Posted by SailorZ28
    heh fastest I've gone in mine is 75, of course I've only had it a few days, and it's not even titled or registered... Oh and the tires are shot too! Just bought it and I'll have to buy tires, new headlights, and a new front clip (with paint).
    well the norfolk speed is 55 on the highway. i was just there last week and was thinkin to myself i'de never keep my drivers licsence if i was stationed out there. call your detailor get to california so you can enjoy your car, also it's
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    well the norfolk speed is 55 on the highway. i was just there last week and was thinkin to myself i'de never keep my drivers licsence if i was stationed out there. call your detailor get to california so you can enjoy your car, also it's
    Awww man not Cali then, you wanna be somewhere that you can build your car without all of the fuss about carb numbers and smog legal and all that. South Texas is where it's at I like to be able to make my car what I want it to be, it's mine and I should be able to

white
    2001 camaro

sex

i guess this is the place to talk about hitting high speed.....here's my story I had a girl give my head while doing 137 on the freeway during the day, and cool part was that she actually wanted to do it so who am i to say no to that.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    SS~ZOSO~SS,

Listen young man, don't do it again on a public road. I know nothing happened and it was cool, but WHAT IF you hit a pothole? WHAT IF you blew a tire? Are you gonna swirv outta the way of a semi trucks gatorback laying on the road? I don't think so. I know what your saying man. I've been to 151mph and got caught at 130mph. The cop wrote me a ticket for 99mph. He also wrote me for willfull reckless. I considered my self lucky. Your 17 with a high powered machine. Act like you know by giving it the repect. Bet your parents wouldn't be too happy. Prolly take that car away before prom. I would do that instead of sending out funeral notices. Come on dude think! Sorry if I'm playing the old man asshole bit but it's to get you thinkin.
    What if he is walking down the street and gets shot? What if he is in a building that collapses? There are too many what ifs to think about. Life is short, have fun! Just don't put other people in danger. If you are the only one on the road its fine. I'd rather die doing something I love, then shrivel up in my old age...

I've hit 155mph in my STi once and it really just doesn't feel like that fast at all. I would have guessed like 115ish until I looked down.

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    What if he is walking down the street and gets shot? What if he is in a building that collapses? There are too many what ifs to think about. Life is short, have fun! Just don't put other people in danger. If you are the only one on the road its fine. I'd rather die doing something I love, then shrivel up in my old age...
    exactly right, why buy a fast car like a camaro, trans-am, mustang, ferrari or whatever just to cruise around like a punk. if you dont top it out or take it down the track a couple of times....do yourself a favor and take it back to a dealer and buy a corolla or some slow car. whats the point of having it and not using it?
    D'Agostino Racing.Com
    954-583-8884
    877-DRI-POWER
    Specializing in Late Model GM and Ford Sports Cars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information