Red
    1995 Z28

Is 120k too high?

I've been looking for a newer camaro for awhile and I found a 98 that was 1 owner, still looks new, leather, ttops, but it has 120k on the clock. I know it depends on what the asking price is, but is that too many miles? I mean, what should I expect in the near future from a car like that?

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

well figure this .. when they first got it .. they tested it out .. depending on who had .. how many different people owned it .. each new person who had it .. probably romped on it for a while and dogged it to see what it would do ..

Its kind of like dating a girl .. yea shes hot .. but with those miles on it .. theres no telling whose worn her out .. the ride just isnt the same with 120k on it haha youve got 120k on not just the motor and trans .. but the body interior and everything else..

My motto is never buy a car with more than 100 k on it .. especially not a sports car
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

well if its a one owner, the right price and u only plan on kickin around in it for a few years go for it. In my opinion sports cars dont hold their value with high mileage that something like an accord would. See what hes askin.

Check out who has owned it if its a one owner and the price is low enough do it

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Check out who has owned it if its a one owner and the price is low enough do it
    hummm???????????? did you read the thread 1st post.

Awaiting Activation
    I would go for it if its in good shape. If the buyer didn't beat on it too much then there are still plenty of miles left in it. My friend bought a '99 Z28 with a 6spd ttops leather with 145k on it and it runs great. He now has 160k with no problems - he just does regular maintenance. (and he drives is real hard)

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Since the seller is the original owner....if he seems like a douche that beats on his cars and doesn't maintain them.....or if he's just a douche in general, i'd pass. But if he seems cool and the price is low i'd snag it up. Ask to see receipts for mods/maintenance also

Red
    1995 Z28

thanks for the input guys, I'll keep you posted.

Red
    1995 Z28

I might get it for $6500. Does that sound fair?

Awaiting Activation
    that seems ok, but a little higher than i would pay. I would say $6000 would be a good price. See what the tires look like - cause good ones ill set you back $500+. If they are shitty then you can try to get it down to $6000 or less but if they are good then $6500 isnt too bad. But try to get it as low as he will go!

Awaiting Activation
    so whats up - did you get the car?

Black
    1996 Z28

Here is how mine went

Quote Originally Posted by dudericer
    I've been looking for a newer camaro for awhile and I found a 98 that was 1 owner, still looks new, leather, ttops, but it has 120k on the clock. I know it depends on what the asking price is, but is that too many miles? I mean, what should I expect in the near future from a car like that?

Mine was a 97 z28 one owner with 110k on the lt1. I dont have the motore in it as I had an ls1 dropped in but......

You can tell if the car has been taken care of look how clean the interior is how clean the engine bay is how clean the motor is. If your answer is clean then buy it if the proce is right id say for a clean 98 with that many miles 6500 to 7k tops.

Black
    1998 Firebird

i see no problem with 100k. i bought my 98 with 126k. i had to replace the clutch but thats the only problem i've had so far. As long as you take care of the oil and maintance properly it should be ok. sometimes things happen, but hey you got the car so cheap that later on it will be just the same. My dad's car just hit 300k and still goin. he's kept the total amount he's had to put into it and its about 3 thousand dollars. he payed 3000 for the car. so he has spent 6k all together. and had the car for 5 years.

Thread Information