Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

02 SS dyno numbers??

This is a discussion on 02 SS dyno numbers?? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by MyCamaroSS right when i bought my 2001 ss i took it and dynoed it, it put out ...

Quote Originally Posted by MyCamaroSS View Post
    right when i bought my 2001 ss i took it and dynoed it, it put out 330whp and 350rwt
    330 is a little low for at the crank reading. it may have been running rich.
    what was you Air Fuel ration?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

o no at the crank it ran 380, sorry unclear and 330rwh

wow that was running pretty lean A/F ratio 15s?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Im getting my car Dynoed this weekend i will post the numbers and the charts sunday or saturday night

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

o its not stock if that's what your getting at.....yea i bought it from a guy who tuned it up for nitrous and has some other stuff done to it, just dont know what yet!!!!!lol

o its not stock if that's what your getting at.....yea i bought it from a guy who tuned it up for nitrous and has some other stuff done to it, just dont know what yet!!!!!lol
    ah ok,,

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

i find it really hard to belive that was a stock reading. did you buy it new from a dealership or used? from what i've seen, the 01/02 ss's make about 305 hp at the wheels stock. with the upgraded exhaust around 310-315. thanks for all the posts guys. i'm just trying to get a sense of where i am. i figure with my current setup (02 m6 ss, slp d/d, lid, ported tb, fra mod) im at about 330 hp at the wheels. eventually i'd like to add a ram air kid (maybe fast toys or the austin ssra). that should get me at least another 10 hp and then HOPEFULLY when i get the money i can get a totally new exhaust. i'm thinking stainless lt's, ory, and a cutout. after that i'll definately be putting down over 360 rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    i find it really hard to belive that was a stock reading. did you buy it new from a dealership or used? from what i've seen, the 01/02 ss's make about 305 hp at the wheels stock. with the upgraded exhaust around 310-315. thanks for all the posts guys. i'm just trying to get a sense of where i am. i figure with my current setup (02 m6 ss, slp d/d, lid, ported tb, fra mod) im at about 330 hp at the wheels. eventually i'd like to add a ram air kid (maybe fast toys or the austin ssra). that should get me at least another 10 hp and then HOPEFULLY when i get the money i can get a totally new exhaust. i'm thinking stainless lt's, ory, and a cutout. after that i'll definately be putting down over 360 rwhp.
    +1 agreed

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

lol look two posts up from yours, mine isnt stock

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

328 rwhp 341 rwtq

dyno'd my 02 ss in October 2005. Did 5 runs, made highest numbers on 4th run and was 328 rwhp and 340 rwtq. AF ratio was 12.4. The big question is whether the dyno is setup correctly, calibrated?, numbers corrected correctly, etc. The shop couldn't tell me anything other than they push the button, run my car, look at the numbers. So I don't have much confidence in that the numbers are truly accurate, at least to compare to other dyno readings.

car is a 2002 SS, M6, 30k miles at the time, car is stock except for KN air filter, NGK iridium spark plugs, Taylor thundervolt wires which I kept from my 99 SS.
    running VP 100 unleaded gas, didn't have Atap or anything to monitor timing but I'm pretty sure it was getting full timing because of the fuel and air temp,
    air temp was a nice 55-60F, time was 6pm.
    running the oem 10spoke aluminum wheels with goodyear tires ~20k miles on them, if anything they were light and helped give higher dyno #'s.
    mobil 5w40 oil in the motor, oil temp 200-210F, synchromesh in the M6 temp 110F, redline 75w90 in the differential.

anybody ever find the difference dyno'ing a set of light aluminum wheels versus chromed rims? My chromes weigh an extra 15 lbs per wheel, how big an impact would that have on dyno #'s?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 FMF View Post
    dyno'd my 02 ss in October 2005. Did 5 runs, made highest numbers on 4th run and was 328 rwhp and 340 rwtq. AF ratio was 12.4. The big question is whether the dyno is setup correctly, calibrated?, numbers corrected correctly, etc. The shop couldn't tell me anything other than they push the button, run my car, look at the numbers. So I don't have much confidence in that the numbers are truly accurate, at least to compare to other dyno readings.

car is a 2002 SS, M6, 30k miles at the time, car is stock except for KN air filter, NGK iridium spark plugs, Taylor thundervolt wires which I kept from my 99 SS.
    running VP 100 unleaded gas, didn't have Atap or anything to monitor timing but I'm pretty sure it was getting full timing because of the fuel and air temp,
    air temp was a nice 55-60F, time was 6pm.
    running the oem 10spoke aluminum wheels with goodyear tires ~20k miles on them, if anything they were light and helped give higher dyno #'s.
    mobil 5w40 oil in the motor, oil temp 200-210F, synchromesh in the M6 temp 110F, redline 75w90 in the differential.

anybody ever find the difference dyno'ing a set of light aluminum wheels versus chromed rims? My chromes weigh an extra 15 lbs per wheel, how big an impact would that have on dyno #'s?
    good dyno numbers. how's the weather in CT treating you? I moved to TX from CT(Farmington area) 3 yrs ago..

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You should go get it dynoed and find out. There were a certain amount of stronger '02s built.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

yep, factory freaks are out there...

my first dyno of my car was with the SLP Loudmouth and it was around 325/330 to the rear. not anymore...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    good dyno numbers. how's the weather in CT treating you? I moved to TX from CT(Farmington area) 3 yrs ago..
    was nice early this month, got into the 60's for a week, a little rainy though. drove the car one saturday.

snowed last night, but it's sunny now 40F no accumulation. Might've been more snow inland. i'm in shelton.

1 FMF wouldnt the 100 octane give your car a higher reading?

SS 2002 was that dyno reading from a mustang dyno cause if it was you would be almost 400rwhp on a dynojet "stock" that would make your car the alltime ultimate freak.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 FMF View Post
    was nice early this month, got into the 60's for a week, a little rainy though. drove the car one saturday.

snowed last night, but it's sunny now 40F no accumulation. Might've been more snow inland. i'm in shelton.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

what exactly are the diffs between a dynojet and mustang dyno. why would they show such diff numbers?

Not sure but mustang put a load on the roller (mechanical or electric) and dynojet you just go against the weight of the roller. No proof but claimed either dynojet + 10 to 15 % or mustang - 10 t0 15 %.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

so which gives a better representation of your cars actual hp?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information