BLACK / SUNSET MET.
    02 NHRA TRANSAM / 01 SS

01 ss problem....

Here is the laydown... i own a 2001 a4 SS. When the car kicksdown into second gear (when trying to get on a freeway or pass a car n such) everything is fine until it goes to shift into third. Once the vehicle shift into third it falls on its face, no check engine lights, nothing comes up with a scanner, it is really weird. If u floor the vehicle from a dig all is well. It will shift and perform through every gear flaswlessly until u let off. It is only when up shifting from a kick down back into third. The vehicle feels as if all of a sudden u have let off the throttle and wants to go no where. If i back pedal on it a couple times it suddenly wakes up and kicks back into the power.... This whole situation leaves me puzzled

The car is bone stock with only a lid and a k&n... i have tried cleaning my

MAF thinking that could be a problem, as well as the entire air intake sysltem.

I have also changed the inline fuel filter thinking it may have been plugged still no results.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem or had a simmular encounter

Thank you for your time.... please let me know

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

If this happens when your car goes go around 1800-2200 and then wakes back up after 2200 RPM, check and see if you got a burned plug wire. I had the same thing on my LT1...always dogged bad until back up the RPM range. No codes. nothing on the scanner (and I actually ran the car 10 miles with the scanner on it to get graphs)...just doggin when under load at lo-rpms. Have a look...it could be that simple.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Could Be The Rev Limiter If You Are In D And Not Od. Seen Alot Of Posts Mentioning A Shift Problem When Not In Overdrive.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
    If this happens when your car goes go around 1800-2200 and then wakes back up after 2200 RPM, check and see if you got a burned plug wire. I had the same thing on my LT1...always dogged bad until back up the RPM range. No codes. nothing on the scanner (and I actually ran the car 10 miles with the scanner on it to get graphs)...just doggin when under load at lo-rpms. Have a look...it could be that simple.
    A bad spark plug wire, would cause the cylinder to misfire. The car would become hesitant under acceleration. is this what you are experiencing? If, so you have a burned plug wire.

Thread Information