Thread: 01 SS Pricing

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

01 SS Pricing

Here's an ad of a 2001 SS that is for sale I am looking at. What's it worth??? 2001 M6 45k miles. Look to be nice mods!

2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS, black with black interior, t-top car. Excellent interior, no stains, no cracked or damaged panels. Paint and all body panels are in excellent shape, probably better than most. Paint has only been touched with Zaino products. Front bumper has small spider crack in it. It is an SLP car- floor mats, front grille, Dual Dual exhaust and 17" ZR1's. It has some modifications and they are---PERFORMANCE: Thunder Racing 224/224 563/563 on 112 LSA, chromoly pushrods, Crane springs, FLP longtube headers and y pipe, GMMG catback, underdrive pulley, LS1 motorsports lid, PRO 5.0 with Lous Short stick. SUSPENSION: All red BMR products- lower control arms, adjustable panhard bar, relocation brackets, weld in subframe connectors. Also an Eibach Pro-Kit. APPERANCE:SLP grille, tinted windows, front and rear clear corners, painted brake calipers. STEREO:Stock headunit with JL Audio 250 watt amp and 10 inch subwoofer. It HAS been professionally tuned and the driveability is awesome. Most people can't even tell that there is a bigger cam in it. Car has never seen snow or been smoked in.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I paid $14,300 for my 2000 SS 6 months ago with 35,000 miles, bone stock. depending on the demand in area, you can probly get $15,000-$15,500 for it I would imagine, if not a little more. Some people do not like to buy moded cars in fears of it being abused.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

While I agree 100% with Jays, and have never personally bought a modded car for the very reasons he stated, my present Camaro is modded to the same extent, if not more than the one you're looking at. Yet, I take EXTREME care of mine, and when I do nail it, I'm certainly not bouncin' it off the rev limiter thru the entire gearbox. Yes, we all "Put her through the paces' once in a while, that's why we own these cars, but find out a little about the owner, if you can. if he's in his 30's or over, he probably has a mortage and doesn't want unexpected car bills due to abuse. I just dropped 12K into mine, and I'm going to beat the crap out of it.

Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

I would try autotrader.com, just search as if you were buying a Camaro and see what other SS's are going for in your area. Sellers tend to sell cars a little higher than what they're really worth at this site, but atleast it gives you a ballpark figure. I don't know if you're mods will hurt your resale that much as long as you have a # matching engine, and the stock rims available, it should'nt lower your value that much. Remember buyers of SS's tend to be collectors looking for a car as stock as much as possible (despite what others might say!). Good luck.

Junior Member jason_a_marzewski's Avatar

BRIGHT RALLY RED
    2002 CAMARO Z28RS

2001 Camaro Ss Pricing

27 September 2007

In truth, if it was my decision, I'd have a professional mechanic put the car up on a lift and look over the entire vehicle for such things as leaks, stains, cracks, and other such indicators of wear and abuse. Because the car has been modified with high-end, brand-name parts, you may have discovered a true gem since the costs of purchasing these aftermarket enhancements new can be quite lofty. Assuming the car is inspected by a professional mechanic and passes with flying colors, the seller is most likely taking a sizable financial hit on the cost of the upgrades even if you wind up paying as much as $17,000 for the Camaro. Remember: The list price of a fully optioned Camaro SS in 2001 was anywhere between $32,000 - $36,000, depending on its location and the scruples of the dealership. Also, 45,000 miles still qualifies as "young" as far as modern, fuel-injected vehciles go, assuming they haven't been abused or neglected.

As a final bit of advice, check on Edmunds.com and KelleyBlue.com for accurate resale values on a 2001 Camaro SS in "excellent condition" with 45,000 miles on the clock. Then, factor in a bit extra for the performance mods, since you won't have to bear the full financial brunt of purchasing them brand new and having them professionally installed.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the input! I really want this car and I will check it out shortly. Hope it's worth the drive! Thanks again!

Thread Information