Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

01 SS anti theft

Okay guys I live at an apartment complex thats not in the best neighborhood. Ive got covered parking and am on a waiting list for a garage. My question is should I install a kill switch in addition to the standard anti theft system? Its an automatic transmission so moving it is harder than a standard. Just dont want to walk out one morning and see an empty parking space. Opinions?

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

The car shouldn't start without the chip you have on your key, I guess if its an experienced thief then he might be able to bypass it...but that's some gone in 60 second stuff...LOL I'd be more worried about a flatbed taking it away then someone starting it. Get an old faithfull club and cut the wheels to the side when you leave it.

Anti theft

Great advice, that would be perfect in the stall its in.

That would do it. If your car is ever stolen at least you know it was a pro and not a punk out for a joy ride. I had my keys taken out of my rear lid , I went to the dealer got new tumblers , different chip, reprogramed alarm then went on vacation for 9 days. Pass key II is no joke so ...

Anti theft

Thats a relief, now one of these old geezers older than I need to pass away so I can adopt his garage!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

If you do plan of getting a club don't get the one that goes on your steering wheel, thiefs can just cut your wheel and remove it, if you do get one get the on that locks up your brake pedal. They may be able to break in, even start your car but won't be able to go anywhere far since you need the brake to shift in Autos.

Anti theft

Yep will do!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Back it in to the spot too. Tow truck pulls up, picks up the front, and guess what, rear wheels are locked. Other way around, tow truck pulls in, picks up the locked rear wheels and drags it away without even getting inside car.

Anti theft

Good idea,,,,

Well theyve made a first attempt

Well this Friday morning they made their first attempt on my vehicle. A friggin neighbor saw them arrive at 12:45 a.m. park their truck, take a pee, get out with a slim jim type device and start messing around with my vehicle under a very well lit covered parking slot. Did this neighbor call the police,,,oh no,,,she watched until they started hanging around her car and she set off her car alarm by remote, scaring off the thieves, she then watched them cruise around the apartments,,,never calling the police. At 4am they came back apparently with a repo rig and tried to pull up under the car port through an empty area and knocked a chunk out of the roof overhang. Another neighbor saw this and didnt call the police "Cuz they wasnt messing around MY CAR". So now Ive got slim jim grooves in the triangular section of metal guard behind the lower corner of the passenger window. They didnt make entry and left some lovely palm and fingerprints which my detective buddies just loved (two of these guys I trained so Im hoping I get some follow through). Im thinking of getting an alarm now that supplements the current system but pages me in my apartment. Any ideas Sleepless in Dallas.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

This probably is not a good suggestion, but it sounds like u need to find a new neighborhood....

Seems like nothing is safe there.

Neighborhood

Yep but divorce got me into this place on a "courtesy officer" slot that at the time was a deal, bought this car on May 13th and already dicked with, off to GM for replacement part, looking at Python 902 or Compustar neither with autostart,,,,would love to have pager go off ,,,lean off balcony and BANG,,no more friggen problem.
    Last edited by Texasbadger; 06-08-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

WOW, nice fucking neighbors. Sounds like they are half the problem. I would have probably gotten into a fight with them after hearing that shit.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Sounds kinda stupid but, maybe you could put a cover on it. At least no one could just drive by and spot your prized F-Body, and they'd feel kinda dumb taking your cover off, and maybe your neighbors could be asked "Hey, if you see someone taking my car cover off at 2AM, do you think you could call the Police, cause it's not me?" Not to mention a little extra benefits of the weather protection that it would provide.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Sounds kinda stupid but, maybe you could put a cover on it. At least no one could just drive by and spot your prized F-Body, and they'd feel kinda dumb taking your cover off, and maybe your neighbors could be asked "Hey, if you see someone taking my car cover off at 2AM, do you think you could call the Police, cause it's not me?" Not to mention a little extra benefits of the weather protection that it would provide.
    +1 on the cover.

Nobody ever messes with a car under a cover. My grandma and grandpa live in a complex where cars get stole all the time but the covered cars never get messed with. I'm not really sure why. Probably becuase its looks too out of place to be taking a cover off early in the morning.

And if the cover goes down far enough, nobody would even be able to tell its a desired car.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Texasbadger View Post
    Well this Friday morning they made their first attempt on my vehicle. A friggin neighbor saw them arrive at 12:45 a.m. park their truck, take a pee, get out with a slim jim type device and start messing around with my vehicle under a very well lit covered parking slot. Did this neighbor call the police,,,oh no,,,she watched until they started hanging around her car and she set off her car alarm by remote, scaring off the thieves, she then watched them cruise around the apartments,,,never calling the police. At 4am they came back apparently with a repo rig and tried to pull up under the car port through an empty area and knocked a chunk out of the roof overhang. Another neighbor saw this and didnt call the police "Cuz they wasnt messing around MY CAR". So now Ive got slim jim grooves in the triangular section of metal guard behind the lower corner of the passenger window. They didnt make entry and left some lovely palm and fingerprints which my detective buddies just loved (two of these guys I trained so Im hoping I get some follow through). Im thinking of getting an alarm now that supplements the current system but pages me in my apartment. Any ideas Sleepless in Dallas.
    Not suggesting anything but get strapped, that'll teach mutha fucka's not to mess with your car, and your neighbor is a bitch you should flatten her tires and blame the crooks.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Not suggesting anything but get strapped, that'll teach mutha fucka's not to mess with your car, and your neighbor is a bitch you should flatten her tires and blame the crooks.
    Mature....

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Mature....
    I'm in my house with my blade, anyone wanna fuck wit my shit will get fucked wit.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

ummmm...... what?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

To be honest, I wouldn't cover it. Thats just asking for it, at least around here (about as ghetto as it gets). Its pretty obvious if you have a cover on a car, its obviously a nice car thats worth something...

Thread Information