burgendy
    2000 camaro z28

00 z28 bogging after cheap fuel pump replacement

Hey everyone,
    I changed out my fuel pump a few months ago and got a spectra assembly, about 200 on Amazon. About a month later I noticed my car bogging down a bit when I take off, only when I'm accelerating fast though. Now it's gotten worse and every time I floor it in first gear it bogs down and will not go. Just seeing if anyone has had this issue with a cheaper fuel pump before I spend 300-400 on anotherr fuel pump to fix the issue.

Thank a lot!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Rule number one:

If you suspect a fueling issue, keep your foot out of the throttle. Fastest way to trash a motor is to let it go lean under load. This being said, have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail? Has the filter been changed recently? Is your SES light on, and if so, have you scanned it for codes?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

^^^^What Jeff said ^^^^
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

OP forget those $300 fuel pumps, Racetronix fuel pump goes for $149 and with wire harness runs $198. Excellant pump that can handle 600HP builds.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Rule number one:

If you suspect a fueling issue, keep your foot out of the throttle. Fastest way to trash a motor is to let it go lean under load. This being said, have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail? Has the filter been changed recently? Is your SES light on, and if so, have you scanned it for codes?
    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    OP forget those $300 fuel pumps, Racetronix fuel pump goes for $149 and with wire harness runs $198. Excellant pump that can handle 600HP builds.
    agree with both of these guys. I wouldn't automatically assume a bad pump either. Could be a few things causing that.......dirty MAF comes to mind right off but several other things could cause this issue. Hook a fuel pressure gauge up to it and see what pressue you have under load like that. Might take some thinking to figure out how to do that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Thread Information