Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

**do not put spare change in the ash tray!**

I use to put spare change in my ash tray and beleive me, was that a bad idea!!! I must say, the PRO 5.0 shifter is one tough S.O.B.!!!! It does not have one scratch on it! And weirdest of all, I never had a problem shifting?
    I am going to try and find a stock rubber boot to install!

The problem you have is you didn't reinstall the lower boot around the shifter housing.
    Thats a real issue with these aftermarket shifters, they weren't engineered very well with this in mind. You end up with more noise being transmitted into the interior,,,and of course,,,you get things dropping in there.

I keep change in the ash tray all the time, but I reinstalled the lower rubber boot after some slight trimming so no issues with mine. Actually the change only falls out if you have it overflowing anyway, I never pack mine that high, and frequent trips to the car wash keeps it minimal.

I'd look into modifying that boot and getting it back on there.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    The problem you have is you didn't reinstall the lower boot around the shifter housing.
    Thats a real issue with these aftermarket shifters, they weren't engineered very well with this in mind. You end up with more noise being transmitted into the interior,,,and of course,,,you get things dropping in there.

I keep change in the ash tray all the time, but I reinstalled the lower rubber boot so no issues with me. Actually the change only falls out if you have it overflowing anyway, I never pack mine that high, and frequent trips to the car wash keeps it minimal.
    Yes, I stated that I need the lower boot and yes, mine gets overfilled because the car wash is so damn expensive!

I just thought you all might like to see what can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Yes, I stated that I need the lower boot and yes, mine gets overfilled because the car wash is so damn expensive!

I just thought you all might like to see what can happen!
    Sorry didn't catch that last sentence.

Ya I about fell over when I saw how expensive car washes are out here in Arizona,,,they nearly are double in price from what I used to pay in Ohio.

You'll notice a slight noise decrease in the passenger compartment when that boot is back on there too which is a nice bonus.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

hahah poor change!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Sorry didn't catch that last sentence.

Ya I about fell over when I saw how expensive car washes are out here in Arizona,,,they nearly are double in price from what I used to pay in Ohio.

You'll notice a slight noise decrease in the passenger compartment when that boot is back on there too which is a nice bonus.
    Ahh, maybe. Having a short solid T/A and poly mounts sure makes alot of noise.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Only thing I have in the ash tray is pennies. Both of my 4th gens still have the nickel - dime - quarter holder under the arm rest in the center console.

You can maybe find a coin holder in a wrecking yard as (AFAIK) all of them had one.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Only thing I have in the ash tray is pennies. Both of my 4th gens still have the nickel - dime - quarter holder under the arm rest in the center console.

You can maybe find a coin holder in a wrecking yard as (AFAIK) all of them had one.
    Ive got a crap ton of them because they had them by the boxes at the dealer(dad worked there)
    Still have my stocker as well

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have one and it only holds so many quarters!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think I have 3 of those coin holders now
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

is that a Peso on the far right?

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

So funny I saw this post. Same thing happened to me during the summertime. I was bangin second and third and then I went to put it into 4th and it was jammed and had no clue what I had did. I though the worst so I brought my car into a local transmission place and they dropped the tranny and then saw all the change that had jammed up the shifter. Ended uo costing me about 190$ for the 18 cents that was jammed. SOB!! Atleast I didn't have to fix my tranny. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Ahh, maybe. Having a short solid T/A and poly mounts sure makes alot of noise.
    Yes the short torque arm and poly mounts make tons of noise. What the lower boot will stop is the gear noise mainly from the transmission that is transmitted right up through and around the shifter. You also get road noise up through there. You should notice a difference, thats an awfull big hole in the floor to leave open like that.

Ya I have the coin holder too. But it doesn't hold that many quarters unfortunately, and one trip to a car wash here in Arizona will practically empty it. Especially since we have to travel a 1/2 mile on a dirt road to get out of the subdivision that isn't finished yet. Impossible to detail a car before a cruise at the house. So several $$$ of quarters are kept in every car. We don't smoke so the ash tray has always been a convenient holder for change in every car we have.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ya I have the coin holder too. But it doesn't hold that many quarters unfortunately, and one trip to a car wash here in Arizona will practically empty it. Especially since we have to travel a 1/2 mile on a dirt road to get out of the subdivision that isn't finished yet. Impossible to detail a car before a cruise at the house. So several $$$ of quarters are kept in every car. We don't smoke so the ash tray has always been a convenient holder for change in every car we have.
    Yeah the highway i live off of is getting widened, so is the stretch of road to work. over half of my daily commute is through dust and over dirt patches, etc....my car looks so sad.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Ha, I live on a dirt road!

Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one. I can't stand the dirt roads, and Arizona is full of em'. Most require a high clearance vehicle to boot.

I vowed to never buy a house on a dirt road while looking out here in AZ. It took a while but finally 2 years later I find one with only a small section of dirt left, that would be paved when the subdivision is finished. It had the garage I needed along with 2 acres so we purchased.

Wouldn't you know the housing market takes a dump, the builder goes bankrupt and stops construction,,,,now we are stuck with 1/2 mile dirt road for who knows how long,,,,,UGH!!!! It's been a real pain in my rump.
    Sorry to get off subject.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Someone needs a change purse.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Someone needs a change purse.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Is this all the bashing you guys can do? Come on!

Thread Information