Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

** Fastest Production F-body Ever Produced **

This is a discussion on ** Fastest Production F-body Ever Produced ** within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman no thats not stock.. well my 02 has nothing done to it that wasnt done ...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    no thats not stock..

well my 02 has nothing done to it that wasnt done when the car was boughten new, besides having wider tires, but i was actually on 275 dr's on that pass, i can go into the low low 13's with my toyo's but to pop out that 12 it had to be dr's

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    how are you almost stock SS guys bangin out 12 second quarter miles? I mean granted I don't have the LS2 manifold, SLP optioned stuff, and only have 7 track runs under my belt, my best is a 13.71@104.3 with a 2.28 60'

Do I need slicks, or will a good 2.0 60' put me deep in the 13's?

link to my thread went racing last night

actually its an ls6 manifold, and my car was on dr's with a low 1.8 60 ft, although my trap speed was almost 6 mph more than yours, maybe my car is a little stonger than yours, or mine is just running where it's potentiol is unlike 95% of the ls1's out there,
    btw ive had a stick shift camaro since i was 14, i am now 22, ive gotten pretty good at driving, on the street with my dr's there are few who can get my car outta the hole.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

MY SS put down 335HP/349TQ. on a dynojet. I ran a best 12.808 almost 12.7.. I'm knocknin on the door for a 12.7. I have a SLP CAI and Mass. Stock exhust. 18's all the way around..

red
    0235thanv

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    damn, I would love to stumble on to one of those
    This is why i keep !!!!ALL!!!!!of my car mags LOL!!!GM High Tech did a artical in there Dec of 05 about a BONE STOCK!!!01 SS Camaro running an almost un believable 12.96 at 107.43 mph at temps of 91 degs and with slicks you'de looking at 12.5 LOL Its true, these cars are no joke from the factory is more or less the them up of the artical which is called (( Fire in the hole!!))
    They were at English town race way testing the Camaro and sharing the track with another group from a Ford mag testing the world famous movied up 68 ( bullitt) mustage and EVERBODY!! was watching and focused in on the Mustang UNTILL!! LOL The times starting coming up between the two, and everbody that was there thought the camaro had modds to it for it to be in the 12's Well, after popping the hood for the Ford muscle mag. writters,and removal of the factory air box, it was uter disbelief that a stock LS1 camaro was this quick LOL Im glad i kept this mag so if any of you want to pull it up on the internet. Its one of the better GM high tech's mags!! Its more or less all of the best muscle cars starting with the 87 buick GN up to the 2001 Fire hawk!! Good reading here guys

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    well my 02 has nothing done to it that wasnt done when the car was boughten new, besides having wider tires, but i was actually on 275 dr's on that pass, i can go into the low low 13's with my toyo's but to pop out that 12 it had to be dr's

actually its an ls6 manifold, and my car was on dr's with a low 1.8 60 ft, although my trap speed was almost 6 mph more than yours, maybe my car is a little stonger than yours, or mine is just running where it's potentiol is unlike 95% of the ls1's out there,
    btw ive had a stick shift camaro since i was 14, i am now 22, ive gotten pretty good at driving, on the street with my dr's there are few who can get my car outta the hole.
    i meant to say ls6

i'm not totally experienced with a powerful car like this with a manual transmission. the nova i have has a 350 coupled to a th350, but still nowhere near close to the ls1. and all my manual tranny cars were verrry slow.

i suppose i just need alot of practice. either way i still blow the doors off all my ricer friends (i told one of them to buy a ls1 camaro..he bought a 05 altima instead thinking it would be faster )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information