Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

***need some sympathy***

so im 19 and i moved to san antonio tx to go to college..im a small town kid..any ways have a pretty sweet 99 camaro ss..i went to the gas station to buy bread last night and long story short to guys jumped in and held a gun under my heart and stole my house keys my cash my cell phone and my CAMARO! the dumb asses killed it three times before actually getting out of the parking lot..any ways they drove it two blocks, ran up on a curb and stole about 5k worth of audio stuff out of it along with breaking every single thing in their path.. insurance says it might be considered totaled but idk what route to take..im so pissed, mad, confused, and swamped with all this bull shit at once.. anyone with any previous experience have any advice! appreciate the time fellas..thanks

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

dang man...sorry to hear about all that . this is Texas...it shouldn't be that way. i don't really have any advice for you....i only wish ppl who were like that...would move to other states.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

thanks everything helps while im trying to get through this shit!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Find a stress reliever, punch objects, shoot something, exercise. I take jujitsu for this same reason what happened to you. Let us know what becomes of the car. Also nothing like a little vigilante justice to make the bastards pay.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Lets all look at the bottom line, they held a gun to you and all that was taken was "things" and not your life. Thank God you are still here today. A Camaro can be replaced, it sucks something fierce that it happened to you but you are alive. I have no experience with anything like that so I can't even imagine what you went through or how you felt, but God was on your side that evening, and thank you for that! I hope those less than human assholes get wiped off the face of the earth because chances are, you are not the only person that they have done that to. Keep your head up and you will only become a stronger person from this event.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank the Lord that they didn't decide to pull the trigger on you because you saw their faces. As stated above ^ God was on your side that day, and even if the Insurance Co. totals your Camaro, you should be covered for ALL of your losses, even the audio [I have spoken to my insurance rep in detail about this] as long as you still have the receipts. Then you'll be looking for a newer SS Camaro, or dreaming about taking the insurance $$$ and putting it down on a brand new Camaro!
    Seriously, you can watch those crazy videos on TV all the time when people shoot other people in convience stores over a pack of smokes, be thankful you're alive my friend.
    In the end, they're all only cars afterall, they can be replaced, people can't. Now, go outside, take a big breath of that fall air, and be glad you're ALIVE!
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; 10-09-2008 at 03:59 AM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

if you can give an accurate description and they do catch them you can sue them for damages and whatnot.

till then just be thankful that all you lost was the car. i'd be damned pissed as well though.

good luck to ya.

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

Sorry to hear about already having bad experiences in Texas. Glad your all right!

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Find a stress reliever, punch objects, shoot something, exercise. I take jujitsu for this same reason what happened to you. Let us know what becomes of the car. Also nothing like a little vigilante justice to make the bastards pay.
    Can you please go into very clear details on how you would have handled the TWO guy with the GUN under your heart? Id like to know how your jujitsu expertise would have stopped them.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Can you please go into very clear details on how you would have handled the TWO guy with the GUN under your heart? Id like to know how your jujitsu expertise would have stopped them.
    I would have shit my britches.... That would have scared them off for sure!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    I don't want to start a pissing match but here are some examples of what you could do, they take time to do them quickly and effectively but well worth learning.

at any rate glad your ok man keep us updated

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    dang man...sorry to hear about all that . this is Texas...it shouldn't be that way. i don't really have any advice for you....i only wish ppl who were like that...would move to other states.
    see. assholes breed and live in tx.

jk

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    so im 19 and i moved to san antonio tx to go to college..im a small town kid..any ways have a pretty sweet 99 camaro ss..i went to the gas station to buy bread last night and long story short to guys jumped in and held a gun under my heart and stole my house keys my cash my cell phone and my CAMARO! the dumb asses killed it three times before actually getting out of the parking lot..any ways they drove it two blocks, ran up on a curb and stole about 5k worth of audio stuff out of it along with breaking every single thing in their path.. insurance says it might be considered totaled but idk what route to take..im so pissed, mad, confused, and swamped with all this bull shit at once.. anyone with any previous experience have any advice! appreciate the time fellas..thanks
    Depending on how your insurance will deal with you. You may be able to get them to junk it and then sell it back to you for cheap. I was able to do this once before. It cost me $500 to buy it back as salvaged. If for nothing else but extra parts. Heh, that's how I ended up with two Chevelle's

I don't know. But, I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Really, I couldn't imagine something like that happening. To me, or my son for that matter!!

I sure hope you can get this all figured out and that the insurance comes through for you... AND that those son of bitches get their asses sent to jail.

But, as said above... At least they didn't hurt you. That is what is most important. I know we love our cars around here... but, consider yourself very lucky

Good luck

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

ok i got the estimates..they want to give me 10k for the car if i want them to total it and 5k and the car if i wanna keep it..i can do most of the labor myself with a little handy work and have her good as new for 2k so i think thats what im going to do! the 5k is before diagnostics tho cuz they cant get it started yet due to the ignition breakage but it should go up after they run a few tests!

WHITE
    2000 Z28 M6

DUDE!! WOW glad your alright. hopefully this works out in your favor with the insurance company. my wife totalled are Jimmy and the INC. company tried to low ball me so I told them to find me and equal Jimmy for that price and in the end they gave me 2k more so haggle with them a bit!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yeah, don't jump on their first offer. Their first offer is in their best interest not yours. Make sure you find out everything that needs to be done to fix it.

You also lost a pretty pricey sound system right?

Best of luck to you!

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

sorry to here what happened to you. glad ur ok though

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

ok one more question how hard is it to put a hub and tie rod on one side..because me and my dad put an ls7 clutch in it in about three days but it was a bitch..i dont really wanna pay a dealership 75 dollars an hour to do something i can do pretty easily...any tips or advantages from passed experience?? all im gunna let the dealer do is the ignitions cuz of all the pass locks and shit..???

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Sorry to hear about your luck, I hope those thugs get what they deserve. The hub and tie rod are not hard to do if you have the tools, if you can do a clutch you can do a hub and tie rod. However you'll need an alignment after the tie rod.
    One tip on the tire rod is count how many revolutions it takes to get it off then put the new one on the same number of revolutions, this way your alignment will be close until you get it to a shop.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

thanks alot for all your support

Thread Information