Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

*** Official 2010 Camaro Thread ***

This is a discussion on *** Official 2010 Camaro Thread *** within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by copoz28 Looking at the SLP site I saw they are stating SLP will be building 2010 Camaros, ...

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by copoz28 View Post
    Looking at the SLP site I saw they are stating SLP will be building 2010 Camaros, is this correct and who is going to them for one.
    If its anything like the outrageously priced G8 Firehawk, probalby very few people. SLP is entirely too proud of there crap.

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

i followed thisa guy on the freeway.. he has the crown jewel.. the 6 speed SS.... omg the color and everything was amazing... suprisingly it was cloth interior.. DAMN i didnt want one before.. i want one now.... luckaly i am a girl so he was nice and pulled off the freeway for a quick photoshoot!
    Last edited by Pirate BlackJack Jay; 06-14-2009 at 11:34 AM.

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    OMG I JUST SAW A NEW ONE DRIVE PAST ME GOING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION-IT WAS BUMBLEBEE YELLOW AND LOOKED LIKE SEX ON WHEELS!!!!!!!
    haha tts... you didnt get a photoshoot like i did!!! HAHAHahaha i told him about the calendar and thought maybe i could do the photoshoot with his camamo... is that allowed?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate BlackJack Jay View Post
    LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

i followed thisa guy on the freeway.. he has the crown jewel.. the 6 speed SS.... omg the color and everything was amazing... suprisingly it was cloth interior.. DAMN i didnt want one before.. i want one now.... luckaly i am a girl so he was nice and pulled off the freeway for a quick photoshoot!

Very sexy!!! The car is sexy too

They are all 6spds, but I know what you meant, M6...

1SS packages are cloth and 2SS gets leather. The one I ordered is cloth.

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

black
    02 vette vert

honestly, it doesnt do a thing for me. look how big it is for one .[the car]

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    honestly, it doesnt do a thing for me. look how big it is for one .[the car]
    hha... no no i just am super small...

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate BlackJack Jay View Post
    hha... no no i just am super small...
    you might be, but the other camaro is normal sized. it just reminds me of chrysler doing a facelift and introducing a 2 door 300.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

the new camaro's are becoming abundant. quickly. I counted 8 of them I saw yesterday. 5 of them SS's.

Inferno Orange
    2010 SS Camaro (ordered)

Awesome,we have a RS/SS Orange with grey stripes and orange interior on order.......can't wait!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It finally came in!

And I'm looking forward to finally seeing it in person soon and possibly taking it for a spin. My sister shot these pics a bit ago and sent them to me. Her father-in-laws wife got it for him for his birthday.

Camaro 2SS, supposedly with the RS package.

I posted in another thread, but maybe here is best.

I test drove an automatic last night, with full intent of ordering an M6 (none to be found in the area)....until I actually drove it. I felt it to be VERY heavy and just didn't get the "seat of the pants feel". Today, we found a 6 spd nearby and went ASAP to drive it....and it still didn't do it for me or the wife. It did have 21" wheels and grounf effects, neither of which help the quickness, but I still thought I'd walk away with new keys.

As a former owner of an '02 M6 WS-6 that I loved and current owner of an '03A4 Vette, I didnt think it would keep up with either. I know all the numbers and technically it should be right there with them, or better, but I was ready to buy and left the dealer feeling let down.

As a former owner of a '69 Camaro I wanted badly to love it...but felt that it lacked the pure "get up and go" feel and am now thinking of getting an '07 CTS-V (for various and maybe differing reasons than the Camaro).

Anyone's thoughts? Confirm I'm not being too hard on the '10 or am I justified?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

While it's a nice car and I hope it sells well and I'm seeing more and more of them popping up here in town? Like you, I don't think it's as fast or faster than my Camaro is. I drove the black one I posted above and it just didn't feel as fast as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rtomanek View Post
    I posted in another thread, but maybe here is best.

I test drove an automatic last night, with full intent of ordering an M6 (none to be found in the area)....until I actually drove it. I felt it to be VERY heavy and just didn't get the "seat of the pants feel". Today, we found a 6 spd nearby and went ASAP to drive it....and it still didn't do it for me or the wife. It did have 21" wheels and grounf effects, neither of which help the quickness, but I still thought I'd walk away with new keys.

As a former owner of an '02 M6 WS-6 that I loved and current owner of an '03A4 Vette, I didnt think it would keep up with either. I know all the numbers and technically it should be right there with them, or better, but I was ready to buy and left the dealer feeling let down.

As a former owner of a '69 Camaro I wanted badly to love it...but felt that it lacked the pure "get up and go" feel and am now thinking of getting an '07 CTS-V (for various and maybe differing reasons than the Camaro).

Anyone's thoughts? Confirm I'm not being too hard on the '10 or am I justified?

Agreed Siggy. My '69 was black so I was ready to order one up. Glad I didn't. I also like the looks and hope it does well, but now they are starting to pop up here too. They outsold Mustangs the last two months I just read, so the exclusivity it going fast. For the money, I'll hold out for another WS-6, though I might get a CTS-V as I posted in another thread.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Ok so here is my latest 2010 Camaro story.

We had a group of gentlemen show up at my dealer last month. They were interested in a couple used cars and the new Camaro. So they got with some salesmen and went out 2 at a time and looked at the cars. Of course, the refused a test drive... which would have thrown up a red flag in my mind ... because that would require the dealer to make a photocopy of their license. Well you can all see where this story is probably going. The dealer closed at 8pm, and at around 10:20pm the surveillance cameras picked up a group of gentlemen running through the parking lot and proceeding to take the 3 vehicles they were looking at earlier in the day. Apparently we were running a special that week... buy 0 get 3 free.... So goodbye 2010 Camaro, an 07 Tahoe, and an 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

What happened: Well no one knew the cars were gone until the following morning around 10am. What had happened was, the guys who came in to check the cars out would proceed to swap keys on us. One guy would get the salesman in front of the car to "check out the engine" while his accomplice would sit in the vehicle and pull out an identical key and swap the key tag off and swipe the real key. Now... this had to have been planned to a T because the key to the new Camaro's and Equinox's are the special flip out key and fob all as one. And they are pretty damn expensive. The other 2 vehicles you can find those keys practically anywhere.

Fast forward to yesterday: WE GOT THE CAMARO BACK! Apparently the Detroit police were randomly driving by some driveway and scoped out the 5th gen sitting there with no plate on it or no temp tag in the window. So they sat there and waited for someone to approach the vehicle. And when she did, she was in a world of trouble! She claims she purchased the vehicle for $10k. Yeah I know... dumb... No title, no license... nothing. As far as what is happening with her, I don't know. But the security footage clearly shows there were no women involved in the theft. The car only had 128 miles on it... and that includes the mileage being driven back to our dealer, which is aprox. 20-30 miles due north of Detroit. The car was filthy... and the police had fingerprinting dust all over inside and out. And there were some nice scratches on the rear bumper. Plus the onstar module was ripped out, (hence the reason we could not track the vehicle) Other than that, after being cleaned up, was pretty much a new car.

So the other 2 cars are long gone, probably stripped. But we did get our lovely 5th gen back to our lot! As far as the guys who came in the dealer, the police have descriptions and a license # from the car they drove in, but its all circumstantial and not enough to prosecute. I'll keep you guys updated on the latest...assuming there will be something to update on.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

2010 SLP ZL 575 Camaro

SLP claims 11.6 @ 121mph and 0-60 in 3.8 seconds.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    2010 SLP ZL 575 Camaro

Click for full size

Click for full size

SLP claims 11.6 @ 121mph and 0-60 in 3.8 seconds.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

my 2010--

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information