Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Emachine laptop

This is a discussion on Emachine laptop within the General Classifieds forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by DeadZ28 So theres a slight charge...ok...I didnt think this would happen but just in case it did ...

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DeadZ28 View Post
    So theres a slight charge...ok...I didnt think this would happen but just in case it did you find a little orange screw driver in the box with the disks. You need to pop out the extra stick of 512mb memory. Its the one panel on the back of the laptop that isnt polished off. Unscrew that one screw pop out that stick and try again if you would.
    What would the extra ram have to do with it? unless the ram is bad...

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lakmflx View Post
    What would the extra ram have to do with it? unless the ram is bad...
    Misconfigured hardware maybe. When the hard drive was wiped which I did one more time before I shipped it out. I'm really hoping its that all you would have to do later on is run the hardware wizard and then install it wen it restarts the system for ya.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Misconfigured hardware maybe. When the hard drive was wiped which I did one more time before I shipped it out. I'm really hoping its that all you would have to do later on is run the hardware wizard and then install it wen it restarts the system for ya.
    I removed the extra memory from underneath the laptop and it still wont turn on.... Would you agree if i would just send this back to you, and you can refund me the money? I cant use something that wont turn on.

iTrader
    I removed the extra memory from underneath the laptop and it still wont turn on.... Would you agree if i would just send this back to you, and you can refund me the money? I cant use something that wont turn on.
    Well thats just shitty. I know as soon as I get it back it's going to work just fine I dont know whay I just know it.

But yes that will be fine I have to say this is a first I just cant believe that it wont turn on at all. I will go on pay pal now and resolve that dispute right now. It's only a bout a $9 loss for the both of us in the end.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Well thats just shitty. I know as soon as I get it back it's going to work just fine I dont know whay I just know it.

But yes that will be fine I have to say this is a first I just cant believe that it wont turn on at all. I will go on pay pal now and resolve that dispute right now. It's only a bout a $9 loss for the both of us in the end.
    I really appreciate you refunding my money. In all honesty i dont think it will work. Like i said i have been messing with it all day trying to get it to turn on, it just wouldnt. I will ship overnight once i can confirm paypal.

Once again thank you!

iTrader
    I really appreciate you refunding my money. In all honesty i dont think it will work. Like i said i have been messing with it all day trying to get it to turn on, it just wouldnt. I will ship overnight once i can confirm paypal.

Once again thank you!
    I'm pretty good with computers they just need the right touch

See I told ya I wasnt such a bad person.
    Last edited by DeadZ28; 02-25-2007 at 11:05 PM.

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Glad you guys are working this out the right way. Deadz28, thanks for stepping up. It's really appreciated.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

keep us informed. thanks.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Glad you guys are working this out the right way. Deadz28, thanks for stepping up. It's really appreciated.
    Yeah, I know how it feels to get screwed sometimes unfortunitely either something malfunctioned on the computer or maybe something got shook loose during shipping when I get it back I will try to fix it up and sell it locally that way it can be seen and know it works properlly. If it was a shipping issue then Fed Ex should cover it but I wont ever put that burden on the buyer.

lakmfxl, I went on paypal last night clicked the refund button and it looks like it should clear Mar. 1 I dont know why but maybe it will happen sooner. Once again sorry for the inconvienience.

This is how all classified disputes should be handled quickly and cleanly.

iTrader
    Update:
    Paypal cleared payment as of this morning. Once again I apologize for the inconvienience.

iTrader
    Lakmlfx, Let me know when you ship the computer with a tracking # back i'd like to start working on it as soon as I can

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Will do as soon as refund is complete.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Just got the email from paypal... i will ship once i get out of work and you will have a traking number...

iTrader
    Alright someone lock this laptop is back in my hands. Fed Ex really did a number on it so gonna take it up wih thier claims department. I'm really surprised Fed Ex really messed this thing up. Popped open the laptop casing and I can see 3 things/ and a power relay disconected and the screen is now totally loose.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Alright someone lock this laptop is back in my hands. Fed Ex really did a number on it so gonna take it up wih thier claims department. I'm really surprised Fed Ex really messed this thing up. Popped open the laptop casing and I can see 3 things/ and a power relay disconected and the screen is now totally loose.
    Was it really that bad??? Im a bit suprised though, FedEx is usually pretty good. Good thing i shipped it insured with a declared value of $300..

iTrader
    Was it really that bad??? Im a bit suprised though, FedEx is usually pretty good. Good thing i shipped it insured with a declared value of $300..
    Yeah it was pretty beat down. Even the renforced boxing tok a few good hits and the laptop had a few chunks of plastic knocked off. At a minimum I should get $100. But I hope they give back more.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Yeah it was pretty beat down. Even the renforced boxing tok a few good hits and the laptop had a few chunks of plastic knocked off. At a minimum I should get $100. But I hope they give back more.
    I never had to file a claim with FedEx before (knock on wood) dont they dont reimburse you the full amount of what the item is worth??

Edit** Just spoke with a co-worker of mine who works for UPS and he said that you should be able to get reimbursed for the full amount since it was shipped with insurance. His advice was to call FedEx and give them the tracking number. See now i feel bad that this happend, cause after all you were a pleasure to deal with and we worked out an agreement. Then something like this happens. =/
    Last edited by lakmflx; 03-12-2007 at 12:50 PM.

iTrader
    I never had to file a claim with FedEx before (knock on wood) dont they dont reimburse you the full amount of what the item is worth??

Edit** Just spoke with a co-worker of mine who works for UPS and he said that you should be able to get reimbursed for the full amount since it was shipped with insurance. His advice was to call FedEx and give them the tracking number. See now i feel bad that this happend, cause after all you were a pleasure to deal with and we worked out an agreement. Then something like this happens. =/
    I have already put a claim in and still waiting for the results. But If I dont get it in full i'll definitely be giving them a call saying I want it in full. Appreciate the tip.

iTrader
    TTT

This is one of the most interesting and educational threads I've ever read in this forum. Any update DeadZ28?

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    TTT

This is one of the most interesting and educational threads I've ever read in this forum. Any update DeadZ28?
    I just cant help staring at lakmflx's avatar!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information