Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emachine laptop

iTrader

Emachine laptop

It's that time of the year I need a new laptop so lets get to it. I have a...

Emachines M2105

Processor Celeron 2.8 GHz
    Installed Memory 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)(Add $50 for 512mb more)
    Hard Drive 40 GB IDE
    Display 15.4 in. WXGA TFT Active Matrix
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Mobile Technology Intel Centrino Mobile Technology
    CD-RW/DVD-ROM
    I'll also include the Belkin Wireless Internet USB stick, bag, and software that I have for it.

Works good but issues with charging the battery :? . I think it has something to do where the power plugs in like it's not getting a good connection I just wiggle it around untill the orange light comes on. Anyone good with computers can replace the power source. Also some small cracks on the hinges for the screen due to opening and closing too many times I guess? But works fine it is what it is and it is good.

I'll also wipe the drive and put a fresh copy of Windows XP and i'll even give the disks over as well. Also I have the Windows XP student and teacher edition software.

I'll start with $225 but will negotiate a little add 4% for paypal. Add $50 for the extra memory.
    Heres some pics guys...Minus the goofy sticker I had it cleaned by the guy at the computer shop after he wiped the drive.

iTrader
    Sale pending.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

sent you an email from r34lmzw0rld@aol.com

iTrader
    I got it and i'm making my way over to UPS right about ...........now. SOLD!

Impounded
    iTrader

black
    01 firebird

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by lady speed chic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadZ28 View Post
    I got it and i'm making my way over to UPS right about ...........now. SOLD!
    Yup i sent him the money this morning.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lakmflx View Post
    Yup i sent him the money this morning.
    And I sent both you the tracking number. It looks like it should be there tomorrow. Are you two like friends or something?...lol

Impounded
    iTrader

black
    01 firebird

And I sent both you the tracking number. It looks like it should be there tomorrow. Are you two like friends or something?...lol
    Yes he is one of my best friends ... I love him lol

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lady speed chic View Post
    Yes he is one of my best friends ... I love him lol
    I see

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Yeah i bought it for her since she needed one for school.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

It's that time of the year I need a new laptop so lets get to it. I have a...

Emachines M2105

Processor Celeron 2.8 GHz
    Installed Memory 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)(Add $50 for 512mb more)
    Hard Drive 40 GB IDE
    Display 15.4 in. WXGA TFT Active Matrix
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Mobile Technology Intel Centrino Mobile Technology
    CD-RW/DVD-ROM
    I'll also include the Belkin Wireless Internet USB stick, bag, and software that I have for it.

Works good but issues with charging the battery :? . I think it has something to do where the power plugs in like it's not getting a good connection I just wiggle it around untill the orange light comes on. Anyone good with computers can replace the power source. Also some small cracks on the hinges for the screen due to opening and closing too many times I guess? But works fine it is what it is and it is good.

I'll also wipe the drive and put a fresh copy of Windows XP and i'll even give the disks over as well. Also I have the Windows XP student and teacher edition software.

I'll start with $225 but will negotiate a little add 4% for paypal. Add $50 for the extra memory.
    Heres some pics guys...Minus the goofy sticker I had it cleaned by the guy at the computer shop after he wiped the drive.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Ok i received the laptop WITHOUT the bag as you stated you would include. I was aware that you said the battery has issues charging which is fine but, The damn thing wont turn on at all even the the power cord plugged in. I tried to wiggle it as you said And it still wont even turn on. So basically now im out almost 300 bucks and have a piece of shit that wont even turn on. I dont know how you had it working when you took the pics, (could've been months before when everything was working fine) But the laptop doesnt work. I will be filing a clain with paypal just so you know, cause there is notbhing to resolve here, Unless you want to send me the bag anyways since i paid for it. Maybe i can get some kind of money back by selling it on eBay.

Here is a short video i took of the laptop not working. Its about 1 min long and yeah ive been messing with it all day today trying to get it to turn on but never did.

Here is a pic of what i got.

Below is the Email traffic we have been sending back and worth from myself and lady speed.

Can you get me a zip code on that so I can make a approximate shipping charge that way I dont overcharge you/or your friend. And yyes it definitely has wireless capabilites. I including the Belkin 54mb wireless stick I have wireless at my house I dont know what I would do without it. If you want I can send you a updated picture with EVERYTHING included so you can get a better idea of everything you getting along with showing you it works. Would you like me to do so?

Hey lady speed, ummm really theres nothing else wrong other than listed. I took off that goofy sticker off and gave it a good cleaning the other day. Believe it or not the damn thing started holding a charge when I was putting some more XP software on it I had it off the power cord for about a half hour before I hooked it back up. I really am pretty firm on the price. But I will pay shipping depending on where you are. Because I dont want to send it in a way that wont get damaged.

-As of right now I have someone local that is supposed to come check it out tonight with cash at hand. But if he bails out then your at the top of my list if your interested.

My name is Eisen, any questions I didnt answer feel free to call.
    Last edited by lakmflx; 02-25-2007 at 08:43 PM.

iTrader
    Bag I can ship to you if you like I found it on the counter after I got back from shipping it I must have left it out of the box on accident. Feel free to put a claim on paypal if you wish i'm not a bad seller. I was using that laptop untill the day that I sent it to you so I know for a fact it does work and my co workers can agree with me there. I wiggled the AC adapter in the back untill the orange charge light came on. Most of the time I plugged it in and pulled the cord to the side a little and it came on no problem at all. Please check it again if you would. Please dont make assumptions that i'm a bad seller untill you try and work things out with me. You have my cell phone number and all my contact information please feel free to contact me.

And the pics were taken the night before I shipped it to you. I have them date encoded on the pictures as well. Did you give the battery some time to charge before you started it? Most of the time the battery needs to have just a slight charge just to get the laptop going.

Also I really dont appreciate slandering my name before even talking to about this. Very unprofessional.
    Last edited by DeadZ28; 02-25-2007 at 08:47 PM.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Bag I can ship to you if you like I found it on the counter after I got back from shipping it I must have left it out of the box on accident. Feel free to put a claim on paypal if you wish i'm not a bad seller. I was using that laptop untill the day that I sent it to you so I know for a fact it does work and my co workers can agree with me there. I wiggled the AC adapter in the back untill the orange charge light came on. Most of the time I plugged it in and pulled the cord to the side a little and it came on no problem at all. Please check it again if you would. Please dont make assumptions that i'm a bad seller untill you try and work things out with me. You have my cell phone number and all my contact information please feel free to contact me.
    You're right i should'nt have labeled you as a bad seller but the damn thing wont turn on at all. I have been trying to get it to turn on all day long today by doing what you said (wiggle the wire) but it never did. I just feel cheated. As far as the battery not holding its charge thats fine cause all that is, is to replace the battery with a new one and it will be fine but now i have other problems with this thing. Did you happen to look at the video i made? It's about 1 min long and if you cant see the orange light in the video i can make another one to show you clearly that it doesnt turn on.

p.s i will edit my post labeling you a bad seller....

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

And the pics were taken the night before I shipped it to you. I have them date encoded on the pictures as well. Did you give the battery some time to charge before you started it? Most of the time the battery needs to have just a slight charge just to get the laptop going.

Also I really dont appreciate slandering my name before even talking to about this. Very unprofessional.
    I had wiggled the power cord until the blue light and orange came on. I let it sit like that during dinner and when i got back to it both lights were still on, i then went to turn it on but it never does. Like i said earlier i have been trying to get it to turn on all day today but it never did. I apologize for calling you a bad seller and i even edited my post and removed it.

iTrader
    You're right i should'nt have labeled you as a bad seller but the damn thing wont turn on at all. I have been trying to get it to turn on all day long today by doing what you said (wiggle the wire) but it never did. I just feel cheated. As far as the battery not holding its charge thats fine cause all that is, is to replace the battery with a new one and it will be fine but now i have other problems with this thing. Did you happen to look at the video i made? It's about 1 min long and if you cant see the orange light in the video i can make another one to show you clearly that it doesnt turn on.

p.s i will edit my post labeling you a bad seller....
    I appreciate it. Right now i'm pulling up a troubleshooter and see what we can do. I know at one point where I drained the battery completely then plugged it back in and it wouldnt work till it had a charge of some sort.

Do me a favor unplug it from the wall but leave the cable pluged into the computer is the blue plug lit up? That will tell me if the battery is totally gone or not.

Also how was the condition of the box it was shipped in it didnt look too rolled around did it I packed the hell out of that thing.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

I appreciate it. Right now i'm pulling up a troubleshooter and see what we can do. I know at one point where I drained the battery completely then plugged it back in and it wouldnt work till it had a charge of some sort.

Do me a favor unplug it from the wall but leave the cable pluged into the computer is the blue plug lit up? That will tell me if the battery is totally gone or not.

Also how was the condition of the box it was shipped in it didnt look too rolled around did it I packed the hell out of that thing.
    The condition of box was fine, no bent corners, tears or anything of that sort.
    I have to admit you did a hell of a job packing it up. You had newspaper all around the laptop inside the box, and you had reinforced the corners of the box as well. I will unplug the power cord and get back to you.

iTrader
    The condition of box was fine, no bent corners, tears or anything of that sort.
    I have to admit you did a hell of a job packing it up. You had newspaper all around the laptop inside the box, and you had reinforced the corners of the box as well. I will unplug the power cord and get back to you.
    If that doesnt do it i'm almost 75% sure of what else it might be.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

I can upload the video i just took but i did as you said ( unplug from wall but leave it plugged into the laptop) and the light stayed on for a couple of seconds and then went away.

iTrader

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

What else do you think the problem is?

iTrader
    I can upload the video i just took but i did as you said ( unplug from wall but leave it plugged into the laptop) and the light stayed on for a couple of seconds and then went away.
    So theres a slight charge...ok...I didnt think this would happen but just in case it did you find a little orange screw driver in the box with the disks. You need to pop out the extra stick of 512mb memory. Its the one panel on the back of the laptop that isnt polished off. Unscrew that one screw pop out that stick and try again if you would.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information