Life's short, drive FAST 2kbluws6's Avatar
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Blue
    2000 Pontiac WS6

WTT: LT1 eibach pro's for LS1 Drop springs?

I have a set of eibach pro kit springs for trade. on a 97 z28 for less then a week...slammed nose of car...i bought it and now i am parting it out....needed motor and trans for another project.

Let me know what you got

Tim
    2000 Blue Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP lid, smooth bellows, MAF, EGR mod, Black ZR-1 wheels with 315's, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, GMMG, tinted 35%, Moser 9" w/Tru-trac/4.10's, HPP3, CF DF clutch, Sphon TA, LT1 sportlines

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I don't understand what you have and what you want?

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Blue
    2000 Pontiac WS6

i have a set of eibach pro kit springs for a 93-97 f body. i want to trade them for lowering springs for a 98-02 fbody.
    sorry for the confusion
    tim

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Sorry, I don't have that.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    iTrader
    8 (100%)

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2kbluws6 View Post
    i have a set of eibach pro kit springs for a 93-97 f body. i want to trade them for lowering springs for a 98-02 fbody.
    sorry for the confusion
    tim
    You should just use these springs for your new project. Allot of racers use the LT1 Eibach for LS1 cars.

The rates are better (stiffer/stronger rates) than the LS1 springs imo.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Blue
    2000 Pontiac WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    You should just use these springs for your new project. Allot of racers use the LT1 Eibach for LS1 cars.

The rates are better (stiffer/stronger rates) than the LS1 springs imo.
    i called eibach and they told me that they wouldnt work in a ls1 car...i want them for my 2000. My other project is to put the lt1 setup in my project 1939 chevy pickup...and they definately wont work in there.

Tim

iTrader
    As far as size, I bet the 97's would fit fine on a LS1 but maybe not the 96's and older(not sure). But the 97s got new alignment and tower wells. You can see the difference by opening the hood. there is more space on the 97's+ between the engine and the sides. I know because I have tried to stick my arm between both on a 96 and a 97. But as far as weight is concerned, I know the ls1 has the aluminum block where as the LT1 is iron. So the LT1 engine is heavier and should require stiffer springs but the curb weight difference between the 2 models are negligible. So the LS1 body is heavier than the LT1. So it seems to me that any difference in compression of the spring would be proportional to the center of gravity of the entire car. So comparing the the 2 vehicles I would say the COV of the LS1 is more toward the rear than the lT1. So again, the front springs may not need to be as heavy as the lT1 front springs. But the rear springs of the LS1 may need to be slightly heavier than the rear springs on the LT1. MAYBE. Just depends on how much the center of gravity was shifted to the rear by having a lighter engine and a heavier body.

I also remember back in the day when the LS1 was new. They were claiming the body was more reinforced than the 97s and older. So thats 2 reasons why the body of the LS1 weighs more than the LT1. Just imagine if you put a LS1 in a 97 or older frame. =) So again the weight shifted to the rear. I guess thats not a bad thing for traction and a better ride too.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 01-31-2007 at 06:42 PM.

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    As far as size, I bet the 97's would fit fine on a LS1 but maybe not the 96's and older(not sure). But the 97s got new alignment and tower wells. You can see the difference by opening the hood. there is more space on the 97's+ between the engine and the sides. I know because I have tried to stick my arm between both on a 96 and a 97. But as far as weight is concerned, I know the ls1 has the aluminum block where as the LT1 is iron. So the LT1 engine is heavier and should require stiffer springs but the curb weight difference between the 2 models are negligible. So the LS1 body is heavier than the LT1. So it seems to me that any difference in compression of the spring would be proportional to the center of gravity of the entire car. So comparing the the 2 vehicles I would say the COV of the LS1 is more toward the rear than the lT1. So again, the front springs may not need to be as heavy as the lT1 front springs. But the rear springs of the LS1 may need to be slightly heavier than the rear springs on the LT1. MAYBE. Just depends on how much the center of gravity was shifted to the rear by having a lighter engine and a heavier body.

I also remember back in the day when the LS1 was new. They were claiming the body was more reinforced than the 97s and older. So thats 2 reasons why the body of the LS1 weighs more than the LT1. Just imagine if you put a LS1 in a 97 or older frame. =) So again the weight shifted to the rear. I guess thats not a bad thing for traction and a better ride too.
    So what are you saying? Is it all right to swap springs and what is COV?

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    iTrader
    8 (100%)

Blood Red
    Z28

I am extremely surprised that Eibach does not know that all there V8 springs can be used universally on either LS1 Cars or LT1 cars.

The springs use different rates is the only difference. The LT1 springs use a progressive rate which is not ideal but CAN be used on either car.

Here are the rates for the Eibachs and more (scroll down a bit):

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html

As far as Chad claiming the shock towers are different that is not true. They are built the exact same and use the exact same hardware, part numbers, etc. You must have 'measured' two cars with different springs (slp and 1le cars used different springs - see reference site above).

iTrader
    COV is my acronym for center of gravity. And I am not saying the springs are the same. But rather if there is a difference it should be small.

And I still think the wheel well or body frame that holds the upper strut is different between the 96's and older and the 97-02's. Its clearly visible from under the hood. You just have to look at it.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 02-01-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Thread Information