iTrader

WTB: Used set of tires (local)

Well, my tires are pretty much shot to hell. In fact, the front driver's one just busted a belt, so not too safe to drive on. But I don't want to splurge on a new set till I get some KYB struts on there, decide if I'm lowering it or not, get the steering rack replaced, and then get it aligned. Not to mention, I'm waiting to buy a set of wheels off of someone. So in the meantime, I need a decent, but cheap set of tires to hold me over. If I had the time, I'm sure I could hunt down/piece together 4 really good ones from the local junkyards, but unfortunately, time is a commodity I don't really have right now. So someone on another forum suggested I try some F-body boards since the size I need are pretty common for them. Would anyone have, or know where I can get my hands on some decent 225/60/16's, or better yet/preferred, 245/50/16's (stock size for my car) in or near the SW Chicago suburbs?

I've already tried all the local Discount Tires, and none of them have anything available in that size at the moment. EBay hasn't been much help, either.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

red
    94 Z28

I just bought a set of Kuhmo tires for the wife's Z for $50 each from Tirerack.com. The reviews rated it very good and they were cheap.

Total was $234 shipped.

iTrader
    Yeah, I saw those when I was trying to decide what I was going to get for the good set eventually. But even at $234, I'd hate to waste brand new tires with uneven wear and such. It's going to be a few months before I get everything situated with the suspension components, so in the mean time, the new tires would be getting messed up. I'm looking to get a set for $100 or so just for now.

By the way, I think I'm going with the Fuzion ZRi's for the good set.

Thread Information