Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Needed: Stock 10 bolt rear OR carrier

This is a discussion on Needed: Stock 10 bolt rear OR carrier within the Parts Wanted / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by shady milkman 98's all had auburns right? if not how can i find out which i have ...

  1. #21
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    98's all had auburns right? if not how can i find out which i have
    You should have an Auburn. Pull the cover and have a look see.

  2. #22
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    You should have an Auburn. Pull the cover and have a look see.
    i am a pussy when it comes to my ass end..she is in great shape and i dont even want to mess with it.

  3. #23
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I'm pretty sure its a factory unit, at least the R&P have GM stamped into them.

  4. #24
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Also, the pinion says '13-42 GM 75/8' (1:3.42 7-5/8 ring gear) and the ring has 13:42 stamped on it.

  5. #25
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Also, the pinion says '13-42 GM 75/8' (1:3.42 7-5/8 ring gear) and the ring has 13:42 stamped on it.
    I don't see how they wired the sensors up?

    As for the numbers, I have no clue.

  6. #26
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I'll take a closer look sometime when i get it back in the garage, but the sensors are mounted through the plate that holds the caliper mount onto the axle, and the wires run along the axle, into a big plastic plug that is mounted on the car.

  7. #27
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I'll take a closer look sometime when i get it back in the garage, but the sensors are mounted through the plate that holds the caliper mount onto the axle, and the wires run along the axle, into a big plastic plug that is mounted on the car.
    Oh, yeah, thats a 4 channel rear alright!
    If that thing has got 3:42's in it, it has to really get up and go!

  8. #28
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I also have 28 spline axles, for what its worth. I'm on ring-pinion.com and everything they list for these year cars is either 7.5 with 26 splines, or 7.625 (which is 7-5/8) with 28 splines. Also they list two size carriers, one for 3.08 and lower, and one for 3.23 and higher.

  9. #29
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    It scoots pretty good, its the first v8 fbody ive ever owned, i had an 89 v6 5spd that i fell in love with. I've been a firebird fan ever since i was little.

  10. #30
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I also have 28 spline axles, for what its worth. I'm on ring-pinion.com and everything they list for these year cars is either 7.5 with 26 splines, or 7.625 (which is 7-5/8) with 28 splines. Also they list two size carriers, one for 3.08 and lower, and one for 3.23 and higher.
    Hmm, you must have got something that has already been upgraded. You sure have been doin your homework!

  11. #31
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Well, had i not been doing this research i'd not know what i'm up against and i'd be shelling out the 8-900$ for a junkyard axle. Local place found ONE axle for my car with disc brakes, TSC and ABS and the LSD with 3.42 gears, in YORK. nothing close at all.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Age
    35
    Posts
    56
    iTrader
    0

    black
    96 v6 firebird

    Clearly someone has upgraded your rearend so maybe you should try searching junkyard for 98+ rearends because thats what you need now. Shipping is high for one but at 800-900 in your local area you could buy one off a forum and have it shipped to you for probably 600ish or so. I'm curious on how they did that wiring so clean.

  13. #33
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedout View Post
    Clearly someone has upgraded your rearend so maybe you should try searching junkyard for 98+ rearends because thats what you need now. Shipping is high for one but at 800-900 in your local area you could buy one off a forum and have it shipped to you for probably 600ish or so. I'm curious on how they did that wiring so clean.
    No, he needs a 93-97 rear w/ 3 channel

  14. #34
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Regardless, i could be looking to replace the carrier out of this rearend with one from a 98-02 car and get rid of the issue I'm having, minus the abs/tcs not working. OR i could replace the entire rear with a 93-97 unit and possibly fix all 3 issues?

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Age
    35
    Posts
    56
    iTrader
    0

    black
    96 v6 firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    No, he needs a 93-97 rear w/ 3 channel
    That would put it back to original but what about wiring for ABS that is now setup for 4 channel? Either way pick out rearend you want and have one shipped. I just picked my whole rearend for 93-97 Z28 for 250. Find someone to buy just ship it to you. Good luck with water you decide. Gvincent sold his rearend for 100 bucks on ths board. Deals are out there.

  16. #36
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Yes, i missed that deal! I did buy a front swaybar off that same car, I wish i knew i had needed a rearend then, i'd have paid full price for it!

  17. #37
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedout View Post
    That would put it back to original but what about wiring for ABS that is now setup for 4 channel? Either way pick out rearend you want and have one shipped. I just picked my whole rearend for 93-97 Z28 for 250. Find someone to buy just ship it to you. Good luck with water you decide. Gvincent sold his rearend for 100 bucks on ths board. Deals are out there.
    You would not be able to wire in the 2 channels to the car.

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Age
    35
    Posts
    56
    iTrader
    0

    black
    96 v6 firebird

    I don't know what you've decided on for rear end but this guy on firebirdv6 has been trying to sell this one for a while but no one wants to pay for shipping.

    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=82269

  19. #39
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I bookmarked it. Its a bit rich for my blood but I'm keeping my options open right now. Ive found a few other rearends out there as well that are a bit cheaper. Thanks for telling me though, I really really appreciate all the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. dpms upper, 16 inch WITH bolt and carrier. $399
    By Modulistic in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 07:45 PM
  2. Question: Richmond posi carrier swap into a stock series 2?
    By z28punk in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 02:48 PM
  3. need a carrier 10 bolt
    By kibz28 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
  4. 10 bolt Torsen carrier with 3.42's
    By BKDZ28 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 12:22 PM
  5. WTB Stock 10-Bolt Rear
    By alamantia in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 12:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •