Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Need me a pair of 'bird taillights.

Got an LT1 'bird with These taillights. I'd like (at the very least) a new passengers side assembly, OR a pair of 98-02 'honeycomb' t/a tails. I think i've read somewhere that to convert an LT1 car over to LS1 tails you have to have the light sockets themselves, so if thats true, I'd need the plugs and some of the wire (enough to splice) as well.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

sockets/ bulbs should be the same.

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

The sockets are the same. JUst converted my Dads LT1 over to the honeycomb 98 style , no problems.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Good to know, thanks for the info

iTrader
    Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Sounds like time to test drive a LS1 and do a swap. J/K

If you run across any cheap ones in bad shape let me know. I need a passenger side one to make a hole in.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

If someone can line me up with a set of 98+ tails, my tails are in good shape, passenger side has a small hole in the reflector area. They haven't started darkening yet either.

The Devil You Know!! TooFastT/A's Avatar
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Keep checking on here, I found a set of Honeycombs $135 shipped that I put on my 95 T/A! No doubt that you can find some really good deals on here, as well as good people!

Here's some pics on my 95 after I Niteshaded them! And everyone is right, just plug your bulbs right into the sockets and mount back up! Thats it!

1998 WS7 T/A M6| SLP:Lid,Line Lock,LM Exhaust w/ORY,Skip Shift| Pacesetter LT| 80mm BBK TB| Centerforce LS6 Clutch| Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Differential| MAC Diff.Carrier Girdle| 3:73 Gears| Spohn Cntrl Arms| Hotchkis Adj PHB| H&R Lowering Sp.Springs| NX 150 Shot Direct Port|More Mods... FQuick Page

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by TooFastT/A View Post
    Keep checking on here, I found a set of Honeycombs $135 shipped that I put on my 95 T/A! No doubt that you can find some really good deals on here, as well as good people!

Here's some pics on my 95 after I Niteshaded them! And everyone is right, just plug your bulbs right into the sockets and mount back up! Thats it!

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    what kind of shades are those? i am looking for the ones that are complete not with the reverse holes cut out.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    what kind of shades are those? i am looking for the ones that are complete not with the reverse holes cut out.
    Actually, it's Niteshades! The spray on tint stuff, I love it and it works very well!
    I would say for what you are looking for, get the AVS(auto vent shades) Blackout covers, they are like $40-60 depending on where you go! I had a set on before I got these tails and they worked Great! It will also cover the Circle backup lights, but when you reverse at night, they will still light up!

J

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by TooFastT/A View Post
    Actually, it's Niteshades! The spray on tint stuff, I love it and it works very well!
    I would say for what you are looking for, get the AVS(auto vent shades) Blackout covers, they are like $40-60 depending on where you go! I had a set on before I got these tails and they worked Great! It will also cover the Circle backup lights, but when you reverse at night, they will still light up!

J
    where did you get the night shades at?
    i have seen it but, is it easy to use?

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    where did you get the night shades at?
    i have seen it but, is it easy to use?
    I get my cans from a local 4X4 Store that carries them, but if you can't find them locally, they sell all over the internet from places like Summit, Jegs I think carries them and they are like $10 a can! As far as doing it, it is fairly easy and once you get the hang of it, it is a cakewalk! There are write ups all over, and I think a couple on here.
    Pretty much you just prep what piece(s) you are doing really good, I wet sanded all of mine with 2000 grit wet/dry before, during each coat, and before clearing. I did about 5 good coats of Niteshade (because I wanted the Blacked out look), waited about 10 min between each coat, then I did about 5 good coats of Clear, and if you want it to have that "glass" look like I did, coat on the clear with even strokes!
    I have done both my Front Turn Signals, both Rear Side Markers, 3rd Brake light, and my Taillights, and they all look good! I get complimented on them almost everywhere I go!

Let me know if you need any help with doing it, and I could prob walk you through it a little better.

J

iTrader
    2 (100%)

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Yeah, I keep watchin the FS section hoping, sometimes they're overpriced (imo) and othertimes the good deals have already gotten away.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

look to pay 200 plus for a nice set.

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

be very very careful with the blackouts or the blackout paint, I have a friend who got rearended (this is in Ohio) and she was actually sited by the cops for not having "Proper Refective Tail Lights" !! The person who hit her, insurance company would only pay 50% of the claim on her car because she had "faulty safety equiptment" I could not believe this. So I called the State Highway Patrol here in good old Ohio, and they said sure enough that is 100% legal what happened, they guy that hit my friend was also sited for failure to maintain assured clear distance, so he didnt get off, but the other side of it sucked for her.
    So just check your state laws and becareful insurance companys are getting smart or so to speak.

Personally I think they look sweet as frick.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Arctic White
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by bigboykilroy View Post
    be very very careful with the blackouts or the blackout paint, I have a friend who got rearended (this is in Ohio) and she was actually sited by the cops for not having "Proper Refective Tail Lights" !! The person who hit her, insurance company would only pay 50% of the claim on her car because she had "faulty safety equiptment" I could not believe this. So I called the State Highway Patrol here in good old Ohio, and they said sure enough that is 100% legal what happened, they guy that hit my friend was also sited for failure to maintain assured clear distance, so he didnt get off, but the other side of it sucked for her.
    So just check your state laws and becareful insurance companys are getting smart or so to speak.

Personally I think they look sweet as frick.
    He's got a point! Here in Colorado, as long as people can see your brake lights when you press them, It is completely legal! If you were to do the Blackouts, IMO I would get LED's to replace the standard bulbs that are in your taillights. I have no problem at night or during the day seeing my taillights light up when I press the brakes, and I have currently standard bulbs! I'm changing over to LED's in the taillights when I get some more $.
    I also checked State Farm, Progressive, Geico, and Allstate and they all stated that unless an accident occurred due to a person not being able to see brake lights (if rear end hit), it is currently not Illegal to have blackouts on your car. Now I presume that it is by a state to state basis, and if a cop wants to be a dick or not! I was unsure before I got my first Blackouts (the AVS covers) and I checked into it, and it seemed pretty safe to me.
    I am seeing more and more vehicles on the roads with their taillights tinted or blacked out.....seems to be the latest fad I guess!

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Black
    2000 T/A

If I had anymore...I'd get everyone hooked up...had two sets. let them both go for less than $150 each.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Yeah, I've seen em go on here, cheap. I'd settle for a good pair (or even just a p.side) LT1 style light.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen em go on here, cheap. I'd settle for a good pair (or even just a p.side) LT1 style light.
    I'll see what I can do for you. how much are you looking to spend?

iTrader
    2 (100%)

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Being as its not something I "Need" persay, mine work just fine (just a cosmetic bit, chip in the reflector), I'm lookin for as cheap as possible, 150 tops probably?

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Being as its not something I "Need" persay, mine work just fine (just a cosmetic bit, chip in the reflector), I'm lookin for as cheap as possible, 150 tops probably?
    $150 is cheap?

I bet Ican find some honeycombs for that.

I'll see what I can do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information