iTrader

White
    1997 Firebird Formula WS6

Lt1 passenger side cat 96-97 gutted

Hi all I'm looking for a gutted passenger side cat for my 97 firebird. I don't have the tools to cut it open and weld it back up. If anybody has one let me know how much you want for it!

iTrader

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mike99TA View Post
    Hi all I'm looking for a gutted passenger side cat for my 97 firebird. I don't have the tools to cut it open and weld it back up. If anybody has one let me know how much you want for it!
    if you already have one that you cant open up, you can shove a broom stick through it a bunch of times and break up everything inside of it. Just throwing that out there...
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

iTrader

White

[QUOTE=theorangeguy;2924707]if you already have one that you cant open up, you can shove a broom stick through it a bunch of times and break up everything inside of it. Just throwing that out there...[/QUOTE

Would that actually work for a catalytic converter like this? IMHO, it doesn't look like a straight enough pipe for a broom to fit.
    96-97 Camaro/Firebird LT1 V8 Y-Pipe w/ Passenger Side Catalytic Converter Stainless Steel - Hawks Third Generation

iTrader

Black / White

[QUOTE=Mike99TA;2924759]
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    if you already have one that you cant open up, you can shove a broom stick through it a bunch of times and break up everything inside of it. Just throwing that out there...[/QUOTE

Would that actually work for a catalytic converter like this? IMHO, it doesn't look like a straight enough pipe for a broom to fit.
    96-97 Camaro/Firebird LT1 V8 Y-Pipe w/ Passenger Side Catalytic Converter Stainless Steel - Hawks Third Generation
    Well thats not just a cat...thats a cat attached to a lot of piping. When you said cat, I was assuming you were talking about just the catalytic converter itself and nothing else.

iTrader

White

[QUOTE=theorangeguy;2924760]

Well thats not just a cat...thats a cat attached to a lot of piping. When you said cat, I was assuming you were talking about just the catalytic converter itself and nothing else.
    Yeah i know. The cat is a very small part of that setup. That's why I made this thread in the first place. The only solution seems to be buying an off the shelf off road y pipe for 300 bucks. Or having one made in a muffler shop. I just want a cheap and easy solution for my problem. Plus gutted cats pass a visual inspection and i plan on having the trouble codes deleted anyway when i get my mail order tune. If anybody has these gutted cats ill pay 100 bucks or if you live in my area ill pay for you to gut mine

iTrader

Black / White

[QUOTE=Mike99TA;2925013]
    Yeah i know. The cat is a very small part of that setup. That's why I made this thread in the first place. The only solution seems to be buying an off the shelf off road y pipe for 300 bucks. Or having one made in a muffler shop. I just want a cheap and easy solution for my problem. Plus gutted cats pass a visual inspection and i plan on having the trouble codes deleted anyway when i get my mail order tune. If anybody has these gutted cats ill pay 100 bucks or if you live in my area ill pay for you to gut mine
    You can buy fake cats pretty cheap these days...google AllFlow Non Catalytic Converter, Stainless Steel - 3"

iTrader

White

[QUOTE=theorangeguy;2925014]

You can buy fake cats pretty cheap these days...google AllFlow Non Catalytic Converter, Stainless Steel - 3"
    Those look pretty good, although im sure it's still illegal to have them installed. I just wish i could buy one that was a direct bolt in! Obviously that would be tough to find. They do seem to have a good selection of pipes and extensions. Ill keep them in mind.
    I know tons of people gut their cats then decide to just replace them with longtubes and off road y pipes, so i can't believe this is such a hard part to find!

iTrader

White

In addition, it would be nice to have something that just unbolts from the car like the stock cats/y pipe because removing this an easier (although still a PITA) to change spark plugs on an Lt1.

iTrader

Black / White

[QUOTE=Mike99TA;2925017]

Those look pretty good, although im sure it's still illegal to have them installed. I just wish i could buy one that was a direct bolt in! Obviously that would be tough to find. They do seem to have a good selection of pipes and extensions. Ill keep them in mind.
    I know tons of people gut their cats then decide to just replace them with longtubes and off road y pipes, so i can't believe this is such a hard part to find!
    if you want a hollowed out cat, what I posted is the best bet. Otherwise, do an exhaust system and be done with it.

The one's I referenced will bolt in by the way. You just have to remove your old ones and get the right clamps to install the new ones.

Thread Information