Powerdyne LS1 supercharger

This is a discussion on Powerdyne LS1 supercharger within the Parts For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; I need the money to put into the 69 Z28 restoration so I'm still thinking of selling it. It has ...

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

Powerdyne LS1 supercharger

I need the money to put into the 69 Z28 restoration so I'm still thinking of selling it. It has the 4.5 lb pulley on it but it has almost all the parts to run as a 6 lb kit. It has new bearings and a new internal belt but there are a couple of chips in the impeller so you might want to consider replacing the impeller. It does look like the wheel has been rebalanced though so it should be useable as it is. It has the inline booster pump with some of the lines and fittings, FMU with some fittings but no lines to the fuel rail, fans but might need extension harnesses(I'm not sure), new tensioner pulley, supercharger mounting bracket, inlet piping(needs at least 2 coupler hoses), blow off valve and hose, Hobbs switch(to activate the fuel pump under boost), relay, some vacuum lines and T fittings. I also have a Predator Programmer for a 2000 that I will include but it's VIN locked and will need to be sent back to Diablosport to be unlocked. What it needs, a vacuum T that fits in the brake booster line, the fuel rail to FMU line, the fuel rail fitting, a power lead from Hobbs switch to the pump, might need the fuel return line from FMU to rear of car, and Powerdyne offers a programmer that you can send them for custom programming(I'd have a custom tune done). I also have a K&N style cone filter and the upper radiator hose pipe that are not pictured. Brand new it costs around $3800, looking to get $1300. You can find the installation instructions online at the Powerdyne website as well.

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS

Supercharger is still for sale. I would consider a partial trade on some longtube headers and/or some 28 lb injectors.

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

How much money needs to be dumped into it to get it up and running on an LS1?

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS

I think you could bolt it on and get a couple of vacuum T's and lines and possibly run a fuel return line if the one included doesn't reach. The biggest issue might be if the car would need a tune or not. But the FMU should cover that. You're welcome to take a look at the setup if you want.

iTrader
    4 (100%)

DNBPM
    2000 UltraZ

Jeff, Sent you a PM.
    Thanks, have a great weekend and God Bless Our Troops and the U.S.,
    John Junkins

iTrader

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

man this really blows, i have the money, your even in nj but my transmission just took a dump. This isn't an over the top supercharger but hell i have been living with 300rwhp for 7 years and 1,300 to gain 70+hp is a steal...

iTrader

SILVER
    1998 Z28

Do you have the 3rd fan that is suppose to come with this kit??
    Also appears that the 2nd 90 degree elbow, pipe that runs to air box, and radiator relocation pipe is missing in pic's, are there more parts not pictured??

Thanks

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS

I don't know of any 3rd fan for this kit. Powerdyne's website shows 2 fans for the install. I have the radiator pipe and a K&N filter(which aren't pictured) so this setup wouldn't use the stock airbox unless you get the extra elbow to connect to the stock or aftermarket lid.

iTrader

SILVER
    1998 Z28

I see...I have seen this kits go to factory lid or use a K&N cone filter set-up. But I also heard and seen that the two small fans wasn't enough to cool the engine, particularly in the south, and later the kit came with a large fan that bolts on front of radiator also. Since your kit was a 4.5 and not the 6 PSI kit, that could be the reason?? I found a great install of the 6PSI kit on a 98 SS and here is the site of the install............

http://www.bocchicchio.com/powerdyne/powerdyne.htm

if you click on 03/03/2001 and click on pic to inlarge...you will see what I was talking about, but then again it is the 6 PSI kit.

Also since the impeller is a non replaceable part from powerdyne (so it has been claimed), here is a great alternative to the stock on at...... http://www.928m.com/parts/powerdyneimpeller.php

If dowerdyne would have ever replied to my email a month ago I would have bought this from you, but not knowing if I can get the 3rd fan and tune from them, I'm left scratching my head. Since the dowerdyne site hasn't been updated in a couple of years I'm wondering if they are still around. Have you had any success contacting them??

Thanks

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
    I think you could bolt it on and get a couple of vacuum T's and lines and possibly run a fuel return line if the one included doesn't reach. The biggest issue might be if the car would need a tune or not. But the FMU should cover that. You're welcome to take a look at the setup if you want.
    How much $ ?

There is obviously stuff missing!

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS

You could buy the missing little stuff for under $100. The possibility of needing tuning is an unknown. I have a Predator programmer I can throw in, but it will need to have the VIN unlocked and that costs $100 and then you can tune it yourself.

iTrader

SILVER
    1998 Z28

Cool idea about programmer, but bummer it want work on 98 models due to different pcm because a tune is a must. Where could you get the extra elbow if you wanted to hookup to air box? Also PM me what payment types you can accept and I'll see if I can find someone to do a custom tune.

Thanks

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS

You could probably buy a turbo boost elbow off Ebay pretty cheap that would work fine. The dual fans mount in front of the radiator and I think they are all SPAL fans so if you wanted the third fan you could just get one of their thinnest profile fans. I take Paypal, money orders, cashier's check or personal check(needs 10-14 days to clear). I have a MAF extension harness too so relocating the air filter and MAF up in the driver's inner fender area is no problem. I would think PCMforless or any of the other tuners can do a program pretty easily based on all your mods. I haven't tried to contact Powerdyne but someone else who was interested did and gave them the serial number on the SC head unit and that's how we found out it was a 4.5 head unit and we measured the pulley to make sure.

iTrader

SILVER
    1998 Z28

Do you happen to know the model number for the head (ex. BD-11A)?? I didn't know there where 2 types of heads, just thought different pulley sizes. Just want to make sure I can get the replacement parts (belts etc.) if I need them.

Thanks

iTrader

2000 Camaro SS

The serial # on the Powerdyne is PD06018 and it's model BD-11A. Hope that helps.

Thread Information