NBM SS Head Plate

This is a discussion on NBM SS Head Plate within the Parts For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; ...

Kearney, NE
    6 (100%)

2001 Pontiac

NBM SS Head Plate & TCI Torque Converter

Anyone need a Navy Blue Metallic with a silver 35th Ann'y "SS" head plate?
    $51 shipped in the US48.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    I also have a used TCI #242931 Torque Converter up for sale.
    $375 plus shipping (New is $450-500+ depending on vendor.)

I bought it used last year, but have not had time to do any install. I'm looking to change up to a higher stall unit, so this one has to go. According the seller I purchased it from, it was only in the car for a couple thousand milkes before he sold the car. I have no other information that what is shown here.
    TCI builds more converters than anyone else in the industry & this one is sure to please any new potential new user.

Info below is simply stuff I've copied from one of TCI's auction listings.

TCI STREETFIGHTER TORQUE CONVERTER #242931 FOR 1998-up GM 4L60E F-body LS1/LS2 applications; 1999-up GM 4L60E/4L65E trucks w/ 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 engines

StreetFighter ®

Designed with the street racer in mind, this torque converter benefits more radically prepared street machines (those with performance cams, aftermarket carbs and higher compression ratios) to bring the launch rpm in line with the performance enhancements. The StreetFighter® lets you take advantage of horsepower gains found in highrer rpm ranges.

Key Features:
    Furnace-brazed fins
    Needle bearings
    Hardened, pre-ground pump hub
    Computer Balanced
    Triple Tested Quality

TCI® strives to produce the best torque converters in the industry. Part of the process involves ensuring that each unit is built to spec. Regardless of what category or price level it may fall into, every TCI® torque converter is Triple Tested during assembly.

Once all the prep work on the component parts has been completed, the impeller is welded to the front cover. Immediately following this process, a pair of dial indicators are employed on a rotating table to verify that the impeller body and pump drive hub remain true.

Each unit is then pressurized and subjected to a leak test to confirm the integrity of all the weld seams. Lastly, each unit is computer balanced to reduce annoying and potentially damaging drivetrain vibrations that would occur from an unbalanced torque converter. That's Triple Tested so you can be confident you're getting a torque converter that's ready to roll.

3000-3500 RPM
    10.00 INCHES
    Last edited by PontiacFan; 05-25-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Thread Information