iTrader

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

MTX Thunderform 93-02 Camaro/Firebird on Ebay

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I am selling my MTX Thunderform on Ebay if anyones interested. It even still has the original cover to really keep prying eyes away. Heres the listing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

It's in excellent condition and has served me well. I'm just putting together a larger system and that won't cut it for big SPL.

Boosted Foolz
    iTrader

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

is there enuff room on the sides or back/top of that enclosure to mount an amp on it?

iTrader

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I don't think so it's a tight fitting enclosure. Most either put amp on the deck behind rear seats (that's where mine is) or hide in the spare tire well. Theres also the option of mounting it on the back wall of the hatch area..like a subthump amp rack. Theres two on ebay now for sale I noticed and one IS a subthump mount. You might be able to sqeeze the amp further up if you removed the rear speaker on that side. Remember this, wherever you do hide it or mount it your only running one set on wires to the enclosure instead to two sets. Pretty easy to hide regardless.

Boosted Foolz
    iTrader

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

^ yea maybe, well i just want to make it so i can easily remove the whole setup, amp and sub for track days, just by removing a fuse and couple wires all together. if i put the amp on the box, i wouldnt have to unhook the amp and sub. Plus i'm prolly gonna end up using the spare tire area for a bottle at some point...

iTrader

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

AH...now I see what your tryin to do. Depending on the size of the amp of course I wouldn't worry so much about the amp. The Rockford I had for some thump originally prolly weighed all of 3 pounds if that. Of course it was no Memphis Belle or JL Audio 1000/1 or 500/5 which weigh quite a bit more. Sub enclosure is another story due to the weight of the subs magnet. A stealthbox removes very quickly with no tools whether its a JL, MTX, or Subthump. I think the Subthump is the heaviest at about 10-15 pounds with a sub and it's made of MDF which is heavier. I can take my MTX out in about 30 seconds. The back plastic is push pinned on the drivers side so it just pops out. Good luck with your car and thanks for the questions!!

Thread Information