Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Known rip offs

This is a discussion on Known rip offs within the Parts For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by miller456 man im sorry to hear about your loss im proble one of the people u might ...

iTrader

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by miller456 View Post
    man im sorry to hear about your loss im proble one of the people u might be mad at as I work for Paypal and ebay right now. I havent paid full attention to the 9 pages but im assuming you either paid him the money through paypal and it was not an ebay purchase or this guy didnt have any buyer protection on this listing and thats why no money has been returned?
    Hey miller456 since you work for ebay/paypal, what's your take on this; does paypal offer me, as a buyer, any protection from scum like this guy, or is it just another way for me to waste my money?

99bluez or has anyone else heard what happened with the prosecuter? People like Scott get theirs in the end!
    Last edited by SpurSS; 02-10-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: greater clearity

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurSS View Post
    Hey miller456 since you work for ebay/paypal, what's your take on this; does paypal offer me, as a buyer, any protection from scum like this guy, or is it just another way for me to waste my money?

99bluez or has anyone else heard what happened with the prosecuter? People like Scott get theirs in the end!
    The prosecutor gave the case to a detective. The prosecutor told me that the detective went to Scott's house and that Scott didn't deny anything about the fraud. I have tried to get in touch with the detective, but he never calls me back. I leave messages for him once a week, but he never returns my calls. I won't stop calling the detective until I get some answers.

iTrader

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

What ever happened with paypal did they refer you to collection? I bet a average lawyer could not only get you out of this including the lawyers cost as well, fraud is fraud. I just finished college how'd your finals go?

Awaiting Activation
    iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurSS View Post
    What ever happened with paypal did they refer you to collection? I bet a average lawyer could not only get you out of this including the lawyers cost as well, fraud is fraud. I just finished college how'd your finals go?
    They called and said that after 45 days they turn it over to collections. It was the 44th day, so I gave paypal back the money as I am only 20 and cannot risk messing up my future credit rating over $500. My finals were ok, I am about a month into spring semester now!

iTrader

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Good luck with all that crap..

iTrader

Pewter
    99 Z28

Yikes! I just read this whole thing. Good luck to everyone in getting there money back and i hope they nail this guy to a wall!

iTrader

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Any updates? Did you hear from the detective? What about paypal? Miller 456 any insight?

iTrader

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    yea i just got off the phone with paypal and basically found out that when you have a negative balance they send a collection agency after you. So i will probably be fucked and have to pay my $500 back.
    My old paypal account was locked because I was scammed over $600 and wasn't about to pay it back just because Paypal was lazy to read anything. So my account was locked, my eBay account was locked, and they even locked my family members paypal/eBay accounts that lived in the same house because of it. After 6 months they re-opened theirs and I haven't even bothered logging into mine since then, and now I just use my brothers when needed.

It's been 2-3 years since then and I haven't had any problems with them trying to do anything with my negative credit.

iTrader

White
    99 Trans Am

Wow man I just read this whole thing! I hope you get your money back!

iTrader

black
    1997 corvette 00 WS6 TA

Damn! this is about like the guy that got me and alot of other guys over on LS1 tech last year. He got almost 5k from all of us and didn't have to pay shit back. He got me for 300 bucks. His name was Kevin Vincent from Elk Grove California so if any of you ever see that name around here STAY AWAY!!. I found him on another forum just a couple weeks ago. To this day I fuck with him on the forums that he is on. I got him kicked off several. The last time he got so pissed at me that he said he was going to sue me for harrassment. i told him that's fine because I would love to see him in person. It really sucks because I would think all these assholes would have to do would be sign up with a new user name and they would be back in the scamming game.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by mvvette97 View Post
    Damn! this is about like the guy that got me and alot of other guys over on LS1 tech last year. He got almost 5k from all of us and didn't have to pay shit back. He got me for 300 bucks. His name was Kevin Vincent from Elk Grove California so if any of you ever see that name around here STAY AWAY!!. I found him on another forum just a couple weeks ago. To this day I fuck with him on the forums that he is on. I got him kicked off several. The last time he got so pissed at me that he said he was going to sue me for harrassment. i told him that's fine because I would love to see him in person. It really sucks because I would think all these assholes would have to do would be sign up with a new user name and they would be back in the scamming game.
    keep us informed we try to work with any site.

iTrader

black
    1997 corvette 00 WS6 TA

Here is everything you need to know about Kevin Vincent. Look out for this guy, he is a dog!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646550

iTrader

BLACK

Wtf

WHY HAS NO ONE PAID THIS GUY A VISIT ? what is keeping him from ripping others off ,now that he knows the law or no one else is going to do anything ..if i read this correctly ,any transactions over the net are NOT protected by laws ..

iTrader
    Get A Paypal And Ebay Keychange Different Numbers Every Time,

iTrader

red
    1998 camaro z28

Sorry guys I lost track of this thread awhile back had some things come up and didnt even pay attention. I think your talking about the security key streetshark. If there are members that have paypal or eBay issues they would like me to look at please pm me for a quicker response and I will try and look into w/e I can.

Car junkie
    iTrader

Hugger Orange
    '99 Chevy Camaro SS

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! Just some closure for me on this-I got an e-mail from PayPal telling me I have funds avail. & I'm like WTF? Sure enough, it was the remaining $291 out of the $525 (Chase refunded me $234 no ? asked a while back), so I requested to X-fer funds to my checking acct. & a few days later, on 5/27, I had a credit to my checking acct. for the $291 SWEET SCHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iTrader
    3 (100%)

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

that is some crazy ass shit it makes me afraid to buy anything on these sites...I too am surprised noone has gone to his house yet and at the very least made him miserable and embarrased him someone should at lwast get a picture of him and post it all over the net. I see a great you tube video.. or call the local tv station and tell them about the internet scammer in thier town I am sure he does this on alot of other sites let someone else do all the research.. theft over 250 is a fellany and I thought if that theft crossed state lines it made it a fed case I could be wrong though....

Car junkie
    iTrader

Hugger Orange
    '99 Chevy Camaro SS

We had all his info (address, etc), but he told me in his last e-mail that he had moved, but I told him that's not a big deal for me to find out where he lived. Just not worth the time/effort/legal trouble to go kick his a$$ though I'm glad it worked out 4 me & I'm chalkin' it up to a lesson learned

iTrader
    6 (100%)

All colors
    1993-2002

Just to add, if you pay by Paypal through your credit card. Well file the dispute with your credit card company. They will immediately pull the money back from Paypal. Then Paypal will go after the scammer. I sold some patiot heads to a guy and the minute he recieved them he filed a claim with his credit card company and I was out the money and the parts. Paypal told me there was nothing they could do because they had an agreement with the credit card companies. They said I would have to file a report with my local police department and the police where he lived. It was a pain in the butt and the time I spent messing with it was not worth the money I lost. ALLWAYS pay by credit card through them. Just FYI.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

anybody know anything about BlackBeautyWS6... i sent him money 2 weeks ago for a torque converter and have not heard from him about a tracking number or any proof that he sent it. he did message me back that he was on a trip and he would send it when he got back the next day but that was a week ago.any suggestions?

chris

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information