Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

CME for sale...tips only

This is a discussion on CME for sale...tips only within the Parts For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by Sommer86 From what i'm reading here, i think i just came up with whats happened here.... If ...

  1. #21
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    From what i'm reading here, i think i just came up with whats happened here....

    If you had an original SLP optioned CME car, then you had the older style 1 bar tips. (My car isn't an original optioned CME car) If you broke your tips or got a new set, from SLP in the later years, then your tips would have a second thicker bar, for support.

    I believe the knock offs come with 2 bars to look different from the SLP tips, but since the later, 2nd run tips from SLP had the second bar added, they now look alike.

    My friend's got the stainless tips, and they only come with one bar, but it broke within 3 weeks from the stress and bumps. He put in a second bar for support, and now it looks/works flawlessly.

    My tips (the ones on my car, but not the factory optioned tips) are directly from SLP, and came with a second bar. My second set of tips look EXACTLY like my SLP tips and, from what I'm told, are real tips, but theres no way to really tell, as they look like the others. if you'd like pics, i can supply a couple.

    Bump...
    SLP CME tips are not stainless. They are cast aluminum with stainless inlets.

  2. #22
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    These knock off tips typically go for around $250

    If you say that the tips for sale are original SLP, then you should prove it with a receipt.

  3. #23
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    iTrader
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    From what i'm reading here, i think i just came up with whats happened here....

    If you had an original SLP optioned CME car, then you had the older style 1 bar tips. (My car isn't an original optioned CME car)
    This is exactly what I was getting at.

  4. #24
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    iTrader
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    He said he bought them new from SLP with it.
    What I meant was,,,,did he buy the car new??? Was it an original CME car???

    But he just answered my question,,,his car in fact is not an original CME car and it had tips already on it when he purchased the car,,,,therefore they are tips that someone purchased aftermarket and installed on the car later,,,,,this is exactly what I was thinking and tried to explain in that post you quoted me on.

  5. #25
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609
    iTrader
    0

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    It's so obvious those tips are not OEM. Look at the lip and how they are rolled. Noticeably thinner than the OEM's. That's all the proof you need right there, not some argument about how many support bars they came with.

  6. #26
    Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Studio City, CA
    Posts
    1,054
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS

    Look man, I never claimed these tips were from SLP. I was told they are real. I paid for "real" tips.

    However, the OTHER SET OF TIPS, the ones on my car, are 100% real, and from SLP. I don't know nor do I imagine "what you know". And I don't care either. You don't know what I know and from what I know, you sir, are incorrect.

    I do however, agree with you on the fact that these tips are over a year old. In fact, maybe 2-3.

    The tips are still for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

    Hope this thread has helps a few of you make an informed decision.

    Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

  7. #27
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    Look man, I never claimed these tips were from SLP. I was told they are real. I paid for "real" tips.

    However, the OTHER SET OF TIPS, the ones on my car, are 100% real, and from SLP. I don't know nor do I imagine "what you know". And I don't care either. You don't know what I know and from what I know, you sir, are incorrect.

    I do however, agree with you on the fact that these tips are over a year old. In fact, maybe 2-3.

    The tips are still for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

    Hope this thread has helps a few of you make an informed decision.
    Call SLP tomorrow and ask them if they ever produced a tip with an extra bar. Guess what they are going to tell you?

  8. #28
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952
    iTrader
    0

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Call SLP tomorrow and ask them if they ever produced a tip with an extra bar. Guess what they are going to tell you?
    Dude, your being a complete ass, and your not comprehending what hes saying. He said, if I'm understanding completely, that his car was infact NOT a factory CME car, but he actually bought SLP tips FROM SLP in April, and they infact had the second bar. He then bought these, being sold as SLP tips, but infact are knockoffs. So SLP did infact sell the tips with two bars. I've seen others like this as well, that were some of the last ones made. So its safe to say, that the last ones made, did infact have it. Argue all you want, but I'd believe the person who bought them straight from SLP like that over you anyday...

    OP, sorry for starting this stuff inadvertently, I was just wondering if they were real or the knockoffs since they look JUST like mine.

  9. #29
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    iTrader
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    It's so obvious those tips are not OEM. Look at the lip and how they are rolled. Noticeably thinner than the OEM's. That's all the proof you need right there, not some argument about how many support bars they came with.
    Thats what I have been saying.

  10. #30
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952
    iTrader
    0

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thats what I have been saying.
    Damn, some people just don't give up...Its been agreed upon that the person who sold them to him lied about them being real...

  11. #31
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818
    iTrader
    17 (100%)

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Dude, your being a complete ass, and your not comprehending what hes saying. He said, if I'm understanding completely, that his car was infact NOT a factory CME car, but he actually bought SLP tips FROM SLP in April, and they infact had the second bar. He then bought these, being sold as SLP tips, but infact are knockoffs. So SLP did infact sell the tips with two bars. I've seen others like this as well, that were some of the last ones made. So its safe to say, that the last ones made, did infact have it. Argue all you want, but I'd believe the person who bought them straight from SLP like that over you anyday...

    OP, sorry for starting this stuff inadvertently, I was just wondering if they were real or the knockoffs since they look JUST like mine.
    No, ass here. Like I said, prove it!
    You are being given false info. It doesn't matter if it was an SLP car or not. If they have a second bar, they are fake. Like I said, call SLP and ask em!!!

  12. #32
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    ok this one is done. and consider this warning for all in this thread.
    please start a new thread then pm me with a link and i'll keep an eye on it.

    your do look just like these though.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by 1fastcamarosss11; 11-24-2008 at 08:56 AM.

  13. #33
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    looks like slp made the ones with the second bar after they went on the factory cars. they sold them after they put them on the cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For sale.. Corsa Exhaust tips. Quad tips (2/side)
    By 5abivt in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 12:14 AM
  2. Parts For sale includind CME with Quad tips
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Western Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 12:12 AM
  3. Exhaust Tips for sale or trade
    By 180ls1 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 09:50 AM
  4. Flowmaster w/ stock tips for sale
    By LS1Formula01 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
  5. gmmg oval tips for sale
    By 4U2ENVY in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •