Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CME for sale...tips only

This is a discussion on CME for sale...tips only within the Parts For Sale / Trade forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by Sommer86 From what i'm reading here, i think i just came up with whats happened here.... If ...

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    From what i'm reading here, i think i just came up with whats happened here....

If you had an original SLP optioned CME car, then you had the older style 1 bar tips. (My car isn't an original optioned CME car) If you broke your tips or got a new set, from SLP in the later years, then your tips would have a second thicker bar, for support.

I believe the knock offs come with 2 bars to look different from the SLP tips, but since the later, 2nd run tips from SLP had the second bar added, they now look alike.

My friend's got the stainless tips, and they only come with one bar, but it broke within 3 weeks from the stress and bumps. He put in a second bar for support, and now it looks/works flawlessly.

My tips (the ones on my car, but not the factory optioned tips) are directly from SLP, and came with a second bar. My second set of tips look EXACTLY like my SLP tips and, from what I'm told, are real tips, but theres no way to really tell, as they look like the others. if you'd like pics, i can supply a couple.

Bump...
    SLP CME tips are not stainless. They are cast aluminum with stainless inlets.

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

These knock off tips typically go for around $250

If you say that the tips for sale are original SLP, then you should prove it with a receipt.

iTrader
    From what i'm reading here, i think i just came up with whats happened here....

If you had an original SLP optioned CME car, then you had the older style 1 bar tips. (My car isn't an original optioned CME car)
    This is exactly what I was getting at.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    He said he bought them new from SLP with it.
    What I meant was,,,,did he buy the car new??? Was it an original CME car???

But he just answered my question,,,his car in fact is not an original CME car and it had tips already on it when he purchased the car,,,,therefore they are tips that someone purchased aftermarket and installed on the car later,,,,,this is exactly what I was thinking and tried to explain in that post you quoted me on.

iTrader

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

It's so obvious those tips are not OEM. Look at the lip and how they are rolled. Noticeably thinner than the OEM's. That's all the proof you need right there, not some argument about how many support bars they came with.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Look man, I never claimed these tips were from SLP. I was told they are real. I paid for "real" tips.

However, the OTHER SET OF TIPS, the ones on my car, are 100% real, and from SLP. I don't know nor do I imagine "what you know". And I don't care either. You don't know what I know and from what I know, you sir, are incorrect.

I do however, agree with you on the fact that these tips are over a year old. In fact, maybe 2-3.

The tips are still for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

Hope this thread has helps a few of you make an informed decision.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Look man, I never claimed these tips were from SLP. I was told they are real. I paid for "real" tips.

However, the OTHER SET OF TIPS, the ones on my car, are 100% real, and from SLP. I don't know nor do I imagine "what you know". And I don't care either. You don't know what I know and from what I know, you sir, are incorrect.

I do however, agree with you on the fact that these tips are over a year old. In fact, maybe 2-3.

The tips are still for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

Hope this thread has helps a few of you make an informed decision.
    Call SLP tomorrow and ask them if they ever produced a tip with an extra bar. Guess what they are going to tell you?

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Call SLP tomorrow and ask them if they ever produced a tip with an extra bar. Guess what they are going to tell you?
    Dude, your being a complete ass, and your not comprehending what hes saying. He said, if I'm understanding completely, that his car was infact NOT a factory CME car, but he actually bought SLP tips FROM SLP in April, and they infact had the second bar. He then bought these, being sold as SLP tips, but infact are knockoffs. So SLP did infact sell the tips with two bars. I've seen others like this as well, that were some of the last ones made. So its safe to say, that the last ones made, did infact have it. Argue all you want, but I'd believe the person who bought them straight from SLP like that over you anyday...

OP, sorry for starting this stuff inadvertently, I was just wondering if they were real or the knockoffs since they look JUST like mine.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    It's so obvious those tips are not OEM. Look at the lip and how they are rolled. Noticeably thinner than the OEM's. That's all the proof you need right there, not some argument about how many support bars they came with.
    Thats what I have been saying.

iTrader

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thats what I have been saying.
    Damn, some people just don't give up...Its been agreed upon that the person who sold them to him lied about them being real...

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Dude, your being a complete ass, and your not comprehending what hes saying. He said, if I'm understanding completely, that his car was infact NOT a factory CME car, but he actually bought SLP tips FROM SLP in April, and they infact had the second bar. He then bought these, being sold as SLP tips, but infact are knockoffs. So SLP did infact sell the tips with two bars. I've seen others like this as well, that were some of the last ones made. So its safe to say, that the last ones made, did infact have it. Argue all you want, but I'd believe the person who bought them straight from SLP like that over you anyday...

OP, sorry for starting this stuff inadvertently, I was just wondering if they were real or the knockoffs since they look JUST like mine.
    No, ass here. Like I said, prove it!
    You are being given false info. It doesn't matter if it was an SLP car or not. If they have a second bar, they are fake. Like I said, call SLP and ask em!!!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

ok this one is done. and consider this warning for all in this thread.
    please start a new thread then pm me with a link and i'll keep an eye on it.

your do look just like these though.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by 1fastcamarosss11; 11-24-2008 at 08:56 AM.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

looks like slp made the ones with the second bar after they went on the factory cars. they sold them after they put them on the cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information