Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Car stereo system for sale.

I have Rockford Fosgate subwoofers and a Rockford Fosgate amp. Also I have a pioneer head unit. The subs handle 400w rms and 800w max. The amp 1000w max power. The amp was only used for three months. The pioneer head unit is 50x4w. This systems pounds hard.I wish I could keep them, but I need the money. Asking $500

iTrader

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

model numbers?????? (and a better list of specs..)

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by fredmr85 View Post
    model numbers?????? (and a better list of specs..)
    Headunit. Pioneer DEH-P6300 Max Power 50x4 w

Amp. Rockford Fosgate P3002 1110 Max power, 121 RMS watts per channel @ 4 ohms, 370 RMS watts @ 2 ohms. I have print out on this data. It came with the amp. They claim lower numbers online, but all amps are tested and the print out numbers for this amp are higher then they claim.

Subs. Rockford Fosgate Punch RFB 3102 (Dual 10" subwoofer enclosure)
    400w RMS, 800w peak. Dimensions. 12"H x 30"W x 11.38" D. I also have the print out the specs.

Hopefully I listed all of your needed specs. If you need more, let me know.

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

I'm willing to drop the price to $400.

iTrader

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Power View Post
    Headunit. Pioneer DEH-P6300 Max Power 50x4 w

Amp. Rockford Fosgate P3002 1110 Max power, 121 RMS watts per channel @ 4 ohms, 370 RMS watts @ 2 ohms. I have print out on this data. It came with the amp. They claim lower numbers online, but all amps are tested and the print out numbers for this amp are higher then they claim.

Subs. Rockford Fosgate Punch RFB 3102 (Dual 10" subwoofer enclosure)
    400w RMS, 800w peak. Dimensions. 12"H x 30"W x 11.38" D. I also have the print out the specs.

Hopefully I listed all of your needed specs. If you need more, let me know.
    IDK how accurate those amp specs are -- regardless of whatever you have that claims higher... they might under-rate them....but not by more than half...... I get these specs for the amp (which is 2 channels) :

* 4 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan.
    * 2 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.

(new amp for $110)
    subs can be had for $100 each...

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

IDK how accurate those amp specs are -- regardless of whatever you have that claims higher... they might under-rate them....but not by more than half...... I get these specs for the amp (which is 2 channels) :

* 4 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan.
    * 2 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.

(new amp for $110)
    subs can be had for $100 each...
    I have proof. I have a print out with the model# and serial # that indicates
    4 ohms 121 watts x2
    2 ohms 370 watts x 2
    I wouldn't make this up. I paid $ 300 for the subs and $200 for the amp. Headunit $250. at crutchfield.com

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

If nobody wants them, no problem. I'll throw it on ebay , just thought I sell it here.

iTrader

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

I just don't believe those amp specs -- honestly no way to convince me...

Maybe you are looking at maz power instead of RMS power?

Bridged, it would power ONE sub 300W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS. (no chance of powering two of those subs anywhere near their potential)

# RMS Power (4 ohms) 75 watts x 2 channels
    # RMS Power (2 ohms) 150 watts x 2 channels

--doesn't matter you paid $200 for the amp and $300 for the subs, when someone can buy the amp NEW for $110 and the subs NEW for $200 (for both)... just keep that in mind

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

I just don't believe those amp specs -- honestly no way to convince me...

Maybe you are looking at maz power instead of RMS power?

Bridged, it would power ONE sub 300W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS. (no chance of powering two of those subs anywhere near their potential)

# RMS Power (4 ohms) 75 watts x 2 channels
    # RMS Power (2 ohms) 150 watts x 2 channels

--doesn't matter you paid $200 for the amp and $300 for the subs, when someone can buy the amp NEW for $110 and the subs NEW for $200 (for both)... just keep that in mind

Well, I don't know what else to say. You just don't get the specs. I can't be any clearer. Thats what my amp says. Show me where you can buy Rockford Fosgate 10" enclosed subwoofer and the Rockford Fosgate amp with all the spec listed above for $300 total. Sure you can get a shitty pair no-name brand amp+subs for $300. I'm talking about a quality brand. Go to www.crutchfield.com. Check it out ....ROCKFORD FOSGATE brand.

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

They are a stage 2 enclosed subwoofer, if that helps.

iTrader

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

I have Rockford Fosgate subwoofers and a Rockford Fosgate amp. Also I have a pioneer head unit. The subs handle 400w rms and 800w max. The amp 1000w max power. The amp was only used for three months. The pioneer head unit is 50x4w. This systems pounds hard.I wish I could keep them, but I need the money. Asking $500
    They are a stage 2 enclosed subwoofer, if that helps.
    Does that last post suggest that subwoofer enclosures are included as well? I didn't see that in the initial post and missed that completely if they are. With 2 nice boxes, that makes $400 seem rather reasonable.

You just don't get the specs. I can't be any clearer.
    I assure you that I understand specs, and that it is most likely you that do not (not trying to be offensive). Sure...peak is 900W -- yes, but who cares about peak power. Peak powers should be observed only to compare with RMS values (there are times where this is useful because some sites may label peak/rms values incorrectly (e.x. they might only list 500Wrms when they may not realize it's a peak power/typo/etc)). RMS values are very different than peak values...something could have a peak value of 1,200 watts but a continuous power of only 20 watts (RMS - dramatic example, but possible). In the world of power electronics -- one is usually only concerned with RMS values.

Thats what my amp says.
    I'm waiting for the spec sheet..

Show me where you can buy Rockford Fosgate 10" enclosed subwoofer and the Rockford Fosgate amp with all the spec listed above for $300 total.
    I can't....because those specs on the amp are BS. I can however show you what I believe the amp is that you are talking about based on the model number and description given. I'll say it again -- you CANNOT convince me that that amp is putting out 370 wRMS x 2 channels (yes...amp may be underrated - but not anywhere near those numbers). Once again....I believe you are looking at peak powers, as I am listing RMS values...let me know if you don't understand the importance of that and I will explain in greater detail so that you understand. Bottom line is - that amp is not capable of properly powering those subs (well...just not how one would like to power them since each sub would only get 150wRMS and maxing the amp gain out will just cause the signal to clip).

Also - of course if you limit yourself to Crutchfield (AWESOME customer service though) then your options will be greatly limited as far as price. Here's the amp and subs elsewhere -- $310:
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...nch+P3002.html
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ch+P310D2.html

EDIT: potential buyers -- the $310 does not include the HU, or boxes (if included) so $400 is reasonable assuming the HU is in good condition.
    Last edited by fredmr85; 04-20-2007 at 06:47 PM.

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Here are pics of the performance verification certificate.I hope the upload works.

iTrader

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Here are pics of the performance verification certificate.I hope the upload works.
    What does it say under "power disclaimer"?

Also, I'm kinda confused -- it says 370wRMS at 2 ohms -- but when you bridge a 2ch amp -- the impedance is limited to 4 ohms a lot of the time as I thoguht was the case with this one since the web sites say it makes 300wRMS at 4 ohms. Before you mentioned it was making 370wRMS at 2 ohms x 2 channels -- that is the bridged spec (one channel at 4 ohms I thought..) so each sub would "see" half that power.

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

What does it say under "power disclaimer"?

Also, I'm kinda confused -- it says 370wRMS at 2 ohms -- but when you bridge a 2ch amp -- the impedance is limited to 4 ohms a lot of the time as I thoguht was the case with this one since the web sites say it makes 300wRMS at 4 ohms. Before you mentioned it was making 370wRMS at 2 ohms x 2 channels -- that is the bridged spec (one channel at 4 ohms I thought..) so each sub would "see" half that power.
    We can talk specs all day, bottom line is that the amp + enclosed subwoofer combination kicks ass. This amp has more than enough juice to power the subs. I had these in my blazer and they punch hard. Enough bass to knock my rear view mirror off many times. If you don't want them fine, lets cut the bullshit.

iTrader

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

I have proof. I have a print out with the model# and serial # that indicates
    4 ohms 121 watts x2
    2 ohms 370 watts x 2
    I wouldn't make this up. I paid $ 300 for the subs and $200 for the amp. Headunit $250. at crutchfield.com
    We can talk specs all day, bottom line is that the amp + enclosed subwoofer combination kicks ass. This amp has more than enough juice to power the subs. I had these in my blazer and they punch hard. Enough bass to knock my rear view mirror off many times. If you don't want them fine, lets cut the bullshit.
    ??????......knowing the specs is pretty damn important. ..telling people it puts out 370wRMS x 2 channels is VERY different than the fact that it puts out 150wRMS x 2 channels at 2 ohms, and 300wRMS x ONE channel at 4 ohms...

I have tried to be helpful and informative in a non-aggressive way; there is no need for your attitude - especially since I think you really just aren't sure on the specs and don't intend to spread false info.

-this will be my last post in this thread since you seem to want to turn this into a flame war..

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

??????......knowing the specs is pretty damn important. ..telling people it puts out 370wRMS x 2 channels is VERY different than the fact that it puts out 150wRMS x 2 channels at 2 ohms, and 300wRMS x ONE channel at 4 ohms...

I have tried to be helpful and informative in a non-aggressive way; there is no need for your attitude - especially since I think you really just aren't sure on the specs and don't intend to spread false info.

-this will be my last post in this thread since you seem to want to turn this into a flame war..
    The reason for the attitude is I'm trying to sell the system and you're giving me a hard time about the specs. I showed the the paper and still you're not satisfied. I'm not trying to scam anybody, just sending the facts I have in front of my face. I understand that you're just looking after yourself.

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Pics of system for sale.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    iTrader
    12 (100%)

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i PM'd this to my buddy...he has been talking about redoing his. I'm not into the after market stuff, but it looks like a nice set up...are you willing to sell items seperately?

if soo, i'm intrested in the amp. Could you post pix of it's sides?

iTrader

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i PM'd this to my buddy...he has been talking about redoing his. I'm not into the after market stuff, but it looks like a nice set up...are you willing to sell items seperately?

if soo, i'm intrested in the amp. Could you post pix of it's sides?
    Sorry, I'm trying to sell them as a whole system. I don't want to break it up. Thanks for looking into my system.

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar
    iTrader

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

SS-Power: If you look carefully, the specs are...

121 watts rms per channel @ 4 ohms
    370 watts rms TOTAL @ 2 ohms

what this means is, when they made you that spec sheet, instead of splitting up the 2 ohm rating like they are supposed to, they combined it to make it look better and mess w/ people. This is what it should have read...

121 watts rms per channel @ 4 ohms
    185 watts rms per channel @ 2 ohms
    370 watts rms bridged @ 4 ohms

JUST so you know, too bad fred couldnt be more relaxed and informative about it instead of being defensive. Unfortunately I'm not interested as I have picky taste and Im not a personal fan of Rockford. BTW, I used to install for 4 years, so I kinda know what I'm talking about BUT, for everybody else out there, this IS a good deal, and it will slam your brains out in an F-Body. Anything that is put in an F-Body will kick hard because all the bass resonates off the rear window glass and goes strait to the cab. I had an 89 Camaro when I was 18, a 100 watt rms amp, one 10" Polk EX, mounted in the bottle of a 5 gallon waterbottle. Nobody had a clue it was only one ghetto rigged 10 SO HELP THIS GUY OUT, AND MAKE YOUR CAR SLAM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information