weberje

Exclamation Buyer (and Seller) Beware....

I bought an LS6 intake on Ebay for $300 (buy it now price). Before i sealed the deal, I talked to the guy over the phone. He emailed me a couple of pics of an area near the throttle body that was shaved "an 1/8 inch". We couldn't figure out why, and he assured me my money refunded if it turned out bad.

Well, as I was under the hood last night, installing by brand new SLP lid (THANKS EXTREME POWERSPORTS!!!) I realized the problem:

The throttle cable bracket was missing on the LS6.

Thas why it was shaved down. Why this was so, I have no clue.

Either way, I immediately got on the phone with Mr. Seller and informed him of my situation. I very calmly, respectfully, and tactfully informed him that as soon as the intake arrived, I would send it back to him for my refund (as previous agreed.)

In this transaction, however, he explains that I will absorb the cost of the shipping both ways (fair enough), and also the $9 deducted from his using paypal. I went from $315.00 to $291.00 b/c he was selling a worthless part.

Now, I am not one to sqaubble about petty things ($9 is not that big of a deal). However, Mr. Seller quickly jumped to mention how he was being so nice as to return my funds as he could easily have refused; sold "as is". I maintain my composure.

But I write as I have learned an easy (and relatively cheap) lesson: Make sure you scrutinize your online purchases AND YOUR SALES. Sure this is common sense. But DO NOT DEAL DIRTY.

It was very possible that this gentlemen failed to remember me mention my being a Marine (very determined bunch, check out history sometime). And it was very possible that his residence was already identified and a leave of absence already approved.... Before I spoke with the fella.

Please, don't deal dirty. Take a look at the sponsors, they have some outstanding deals. It feels like Christmas already.

iTrader

red, silver
    97 and 01 vettes

May sound "hokie" to some but honesty is STILL the best policy. We're supposed to be here supporting the hobby and fellow members.....

iTrader

Black
    02 SS #8719

I got screwed be sscrazy for 8k had to go through much pain in the ass, to get things settled.

weberje
    OOH. ouch. $8 G's?

That's nasty. Family Guy viewers, I remind you of the time Brian owed Stewie money-

"Where my money, man?" (*Gun shot to the knee cap*)

iTrader

Black
    02 SS #8719

Quote Originally Posted by weberje View Post
    OOH. ouch. $8 G's?

That's nasty. Family Guy viewers, I remind you of the time Brian owed Stewie money-

"Where my money, man?" (*Gun shot to the knee cap*)
    LMAO I remember that, Funny shit, 8k

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

this thread really doesn't deal with anyone on here specifically so I'm locking it. I appreciate the attempt to warn/help people but this forum is for people selling parts. We have other forums this would fit into a little better.

Thread Information