chrisjw1

99 Corvette bone stock Complete LS1 Engine 17,000 miles

I am selling the 350 LS1 out of my 1999 Corvette with only 17,000 miles on it. It comes with any of the engine accesories that you'd like (Clutch, Starter, alternator, waterpump, computer, power steering pump, etc.) If you want the A/C Compressor it needs a new clutch. This engine is fully assembled and to my knowledge has never been opened. Oil changed religously. Engine ran great when I took it out of the car. Looking for around $3500 and maybe a couple hundred extra depending on how many of the accesories you want.

Engine Located 5 miles north of 694 in Twin Cities. Specifically, Circle Pines, MN.

Here's the story on why I'm selling the engine:

I had a 1998 that I built a 409 for a year and a half ago. I had a bit of an incident with a cement wall on the freeway in August 2004. The 1998 was totalled, but the interior of it and VERY luckily the engine was OK. I bought back the 1998 from the insurance company so that I could strip any good parts and salvage my engine. I have since sold many of the salvaged parts that I did not want to keep. I bought my 1999 Corvette shortly after my crash. This Spring I swapped in the 409 and have been sitting on the LS1 for the last few months just in case the 409 had any issues. It's running great, so the LS1 is up for sale. The A/C compressor in need of a new clutch was on the 409 and presumably had something bump it's pulley. A couple of the outer parts on the A/C clutch bent. Thus, I took the A/C compressor from the 1999 when I did the engine swap. The A/C Compressor in need of a new clutch has maybe 2000 miles on it and ran about $400 at Friendly Chev. I also swapped starters as the 1999 had 30,000 fewer miles. The 1998 starter was still perfectly fine. I'll throw in an extra cam, air filter box and intake from my 1998 before it was upgraded as well. They are just sitting in a box in my garage.

You can contact me at 651-402-6115, chrisjw1@yahoo.com, or leave me a message here.

Thanks for checking this out,

Chris W

steveo346
    wow sounds like a good deal it would be nice in my 72 camaro ss

chrisjw1
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo346
    wow sounds like a good deal it would be nice in my 72 camaro ss
    I don't know what all would be involoved in doing that, but it would be a nice engine to put in. I'm not looking to get rich off of this engine, just to get it out of my garage at a fair price. I checked out LS1's on on Ebay and they sell for a above and beyond what I'm asking when the miles are so low.

Chris

iTrader

orange
    99 z28

Still For Sale??

chrisjw1
    Actually yes. I haven't been actively trying to sell it lately. Just sitting in the garage. Been thinking about throwing it on ebay, but would prefer not to.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    iTrader

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Hmm I am sick of the V6 in my truck

iTrader

orange
    99 z28

well honestly, i'm not sure if you've seen it, but for 42000 there's a guy on this site building new engines that i believe are 402's(either that or 383's or something) if you can make me a good enough offer i'll drive up there within the week to buy it. otherwise i'm going with his engine

chrisjw1
    I would like to get it out of my garage and avoid having to ship it. IF we can agree on a reasonable price it's yours. I might come down a little, but keep in mind mine comes with accesories and a computer. What are you thinking for a price?
    Last edited by chrisjw1; 01-07-2006 at 09:59 AM.

JR_VETTE

4 Sale Engine

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjw1
    I am selling the 350 LS1 out of my 1999 Corvette with only 17,000 miles on it. It comes with any of the engine accesories that you'd like (Clutch, Starter, alternator, waterpump, computer, power steering pump, etc.) If you want the A/C Compressor it needs a new clutch. This engine is fully assembled and to my knowledge has never been opened. Oil changed religously. Engine ran great when I took it out of the car. Looking for around $3500 and maybe a couple hundred extra depending on how many of the accesories you want.

Engine Located 5 miles north of 694 in Twin Cities. Specifically, Circle Pines, MN.

You can contact me at 651-402-6115, chrisjw1@yahoo.com, or leave me a message here.

Thanks for checking this out,

Chris W
    How much to ship to " 28532 "?

chrisjw1
    Quote Originally Posted by JR_VETTE
    How much to ship to " 28532 "?
    I checked out shipping from 55014 to 28532 based on 48" x 48" pallette, by 40" height at 350 lbs. (I think these dimensions are correct) NOT INCLUDING residential pickup or delivery the cost was quoted as $171.60. Hopefully the online quote is accurate. I may be able to drop the engine off at the shipping location which would save on extra charges. You could probably pick it up at the shipping location in your city and save on the extra cost as well.

I'll be taking some pictures of the engine this week and what comes with it. If anyone wants them let me know.

JR_VETTE
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjw1
    I checked out shipping from 55014 to 28532 based on 48" x 48" pallette, by 40" height at 350 lbs. (I think these dimensions are correct) NOT INCLUDING residential pickup or delivery the cost was quoted as $171.60. Hopefully the online quote is accurate. I may be able to drop the engine off at the shipping location which would save on extra charges. You could probably pick it up at the shipping location in your city and save on the extra cost as well.

I'll be taking some pictures of the engine this week and what comes with it. If anyone wants them let me know.
    Thanks I am awaiting the pics of the engine and accessories.

chrisjw1
    In a private message someone was asking if it came with pulleys (included) and accesory brackets (included), wiring harnesses(not included), etc. This is definitely what I would consider a complete engine. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and leaves no room for guessing or assumptions. I also mentioned I have some other extra parts available that I either don't need or don't want that I'd throw in if wanted. Cam, stock air intake, computer, whatever else I find that I think someone might want that I don't need. I currently do not have all the accessories mounted as some were taken off to remove the engine. I didn't put them back on because some people would remove them to put the engine in. I found this out during my engine swap. In the future I would leave them on, drop the power steering rack, and remove the radiator instead. Personal preference I guess.

iTrader

red
    99 SS

ttt for ya chris...this is mike with navy blue ss.
    Last edited by 99SSleeper; 01-20-2006 at 03:24 PM.

chrisjw1
    Thanks for the TTT Mike. As of today, the LS1 and all the other stuff is considered sold and looking forward to it's new home. Deposit held and I am currently awaiting payment in early February before shipping it. Thanks to all those who showed interest, should anything change I'll send you all messages.

iTrader

White
    '10 ZR1

TTT anyway! Gotta take care of our Minnesota boys.

Thread Information