Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HOUDINI'S RIDE
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLUE
    Z28/SS

98-02 Cme Camaro Tip On Ebay!

CHECK IT OUT !! THESE ARE GETTING HARD TO GET DAY BY DAY...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190195172546

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

how much b uy it now?

iTrader
    It's been modified,,,shucks.

iTrader

Z28,
    $100 isnt bad so far
    Last edited by 1fastcamarosss11; 01-31-2008 at 08:29 AM.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

yeah but there is a reserve, so it may be 200/300/or 400. who knows on these anymore, i saw some sell for 145.00 about a week or so ago.

HOUDINI'S RIDE
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    yeah but there is a reserve, so it may be 200/300/or 400. who knows on these anymore, i saw some sell for 145.00 about a week or so ago.
    Well .......lol well my reserve is under $300.00!!!! I will give you that hint!

HOUDINI'S RIDE
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's been modified,,,shucks.
    The only mod i did was get the bar added to it to make it's structure more solid on the safe side ...slp added this to their own design.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2ENVY View Post
    The only mod i did was get the bar added to it to make it's structure more solid on the safe side ...slp added this to their own design.
    SLP added that??? HUH??? Mine has the factory CME exhaust and there is no extra bracket on mine.

I'm sorry, it's modifed. I almost bid on it till I saw that. I am going to hold out for an NOS piece,,,,but thanks though. Bump to the top for ya.

HOUDINI'S RIDE
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLUE
    Z28/SS

SLP added that??? HUH??? Mine has the factory CME exhaust and there is no extra bracket on mine.

I'm sorry, it's modifed. I almost bid on it till I saw that. I am going to hold out for an NOS piece,,,,but thanks though. Bump to the top for ya.
    ummm not to say your wrong and yes mine is modified only the bar which you cant see it in the back of the tip when on the car ( like the factory one was done) but i had it done for a reason to keep the tip form breaking cause originally i palnned on putting the setup on my car but changed my mind. check with some people that own ss's close to the years 2001 -2002, slp did add a piece to the rear of the tip to make the tip more structurly intact and keep the tip from breaking in the middle like some had problems with them breaking in the past trust me go ask some people ..and get back to me and see if its not true...by the way thanks for the bump

iTrader
    ummm not to say your wrong and yes mine is modified only the bar which you cant see it in the back of the tip when on the car ( like the factory one was done) but i had it done for a reason to keep the tip form breaking cause originally i palnned on putting the setup on my car but changed my mind. check with some people that own ss's close to the years 2001 -2002, slp did add a piece to the rear of the tip to make the tip more structurly intact and keep the tip from breaking in the middle like some had problems with them breaking in the past trust me go ask some people ..and get back to me and see if its not true...by the way thanks for the bump
    I would have to say it's not true,,,,mine is an 02 SS with the factory setup,,,,there is no such bar on mine. I don't see any problems with it breaking or cracking,,,and don't see why it would,,,there is no stress on the part,,,and an extra pair of hangers from SLP support the rear tailpipes close to the tips,,,,I can't see where any stress could be applied to cause problems,,,,

Although I don't dought that it does structurely help,,,,and I'm sure you can't see it when installed,,,,,,but it isn't original as compared to mine. Otherwise I am sure it's a good usable part for someone,,,and should work just fine.
    You shouldn't have any trouble selling it. Price seems right,,,since I have seen other NOS pieces for $400 or more. If you had a buy it now it would probably be gone,,,,,

HOUDINI'S RIDE
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLUE
    Z28/SS

I would have to say it's not true,,,,mine is an 02 SS with the factory setup,,,,there is no such bar on mine. I don't see any problems with it breaking or cracking,,,and don't see why it would,,,there is no stress on the part,,,and an extra pair of hangers from SLP support the rear tailpipes close to the tips,,,,I can't see where any stress could be applied to cause problems,,,,

Although I don't dought that it does structurely help,,,,and I'm sure you can't see it when installed,,,,,,but it isn't original as compared to mine. Otherwise I am sure it's a good usable part for someone,,,and should work just fine.
    You shouldn't have any trouble selling it. Price seems right,,,since I have seen other NOS pieces for $400 or more. If you had a buy it now it would probably be gone,,,,,

I'm going to dig you up a pic on the double braced factory tip ill get it on here tonight but right now i gotta run to town talk to ya soon....

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

I'm going to dig you up a pic on the double braced factory tip ill get it on here tonight but right now i gotta run to town talk to ya soon....
    firebird they are two styles, the one with the "two" bars is a little different then his but not to far off. the second bar is inside the two pipe not on the outside like his. two pics will clear this all up.

any buy it now?

iTrader
    firebird they are two styles, the one with the "two" bars is a little different then his but not to far off. the second bar is inside the two pipe not on the outside like his. two pics will clear this all up.

any buy it now?
    Interesting,,,wonder why my factory setup doesn't have this....

Maybe a recall type of thing???? I have never seen it on any of the factory CME cars either.

And I can't for the life of me figure how it would have any stress on it to cause a problem anyway,,,with 4 tailpipe hangers back there holding the whole thing up,,,not including the hanger by the rearend to support the I-pipe and muffler assembly,,,I am a little confused as to why another brace on the tip would be necessary

It's not like I'm trying to do chinups on it,,,,,it just hangs there. I figured the original piece in between the tips was simply there to keep both tips level with each other without movement.

I would still like to see a picture of a factory tip with an extra brace though,,,sounds interesting..

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i'll see if i can find one. the two piece i know is the later model/ style. give me some time.

iTrader
    14 (100%)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The top picture is mine before I had the bar welded onto it and powdercoated it. Mine is an authentic SLP part, but when I got it, the small bar holding the two tips together was fractured. I had that welded back together and added the second bar for reinforcement. The tips are very prone to breaking apart. One of my close friends that also has an SLP CME setup had his tips separate from the bar breaking and had to have his fixed as well. Its a pretty common problem for them to break from what I have read.

Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 02-02-2008 at 05:50 PM.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

no not the one where people made the bars the other style. with the two bars. i can't find a pics right now i'll have to look tomm.

HOUDINI'S RIDE
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

BLUE
    Z28/SS

no not the one where people made the bars the other style. with the two bars. i can't find a pics right now i'll have to look tomm.
    hey i found this one its not the most up closet pic, but im digging for more. I think my buddy has a few pics of his before he installled his .....anyhow ill look for more too...

iTrader
    17 (100%)

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have been researching the dual CME tip for more than 9 months now. I have spoken with the company that manufactured the tip for SLP ans SLP themselves. They never, ever welding an extra brace onto their tip.

iTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I have been researching the dual CME tip for more than 9 months now. I have spoken with the company that manufactured the tip for SLP ans SLP themselves. They never, ever welding an extra brace onto their tip.
    Ya I'm a little puzzled at this. I talked to a couple of F-body buddies yesterday,,,one of them a finatic about details, production numbers and what not. All of their cars which are last year F-bodies,,,,have just the one bar on the CME and none of them they have seen ever had a second bar. They both also seemed puzzled that there was even a breakage problem,,,and I have to be honest, this is the first I ever heard of it,,,and can't see why it would break anyway. Are you guys tossing these things around, backing up over curbs,,, or jacking the car up underneath of it???? LOL Actually the backing up over curbs theory is a real possibility, especially for the lowered cars.

Now mine is also an 02 SS with a factory optioned SLP setup as well,,,and only has the one bar. So the late production theory doesn't jive with me or the other 02 cars I have seen.

This may have been an afterthought by the manufacture after the cars were out of production maybe????? Just throwing ideas out there because I have yet to see one on a factory optioned SLP CME car. I'm beginning to think a call directly to SLP may be in order to see if they can shed some light as well.

iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

hey i found this one its not the most up closet pic, but im digging for more. I think my buddy has a few pics of his before he installled his .....anyhow ill look for more too...
    Click for full size
    thats the one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information