Thread: Wrote the paper

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Wrote the paper

If two clean "muscle" style cars are parked somewhere with their owners talking, it doesnt always mean they are up to no good. There are many car enthusiasts in the local area that work 6 day a week and work odd shifts that arent able to participate in daylight events. Enthusiasts need a place where they wont get "shooed away" by the local police department, even though it is the officers job and responsiblity to do so. There are quite a few people that do have fast, clean cars that respect the law and take it to the racetrack instead of commiting illegal activities on the street. A place needs to be designated where people can share ideas and hang out. A place where they arent automatically going to chased out because its 1 o'clock in the morning and they are automatically "up to no good". Remember not everyone is the stereotypical rice burning "Fast and the Furious" street racer.At the very least it is hurting the economy because those car owners will buy food, gasoline and other items while they are cruising.

yeah.. thats what i wrote in the readers write section.. worth a shot .

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

i completly agree with you

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

10 or more f-bodies and a goat and saleen gets the cops pretty mad.. even though they were parked, with a couple of hoods open and in the light.. they run us out of town.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Not much harm you can do to people with a parked car IMO. Its hard for non car enthusiasts to understand that a lot of car guys jus take pride in what they own and they dig sharing their car with others that appreciate them jus as much as they do. You can learn soo much about your own car from someone else that has one too and might know more then you do.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    If two clean "muscle" style cars are parked somewhere with their owners talking, it doesnt always mean they are up to no good. There are many car enthusiasts in the local area that work 6 day a week and work odd shifts that arent able to participate in daylight events. Enthusiasts need a place where they wont get "shooed away" by the local police department, even though it is the officers job and responsiblity to do so. There are quite a few people that do have fast, clean cars that respect the law and take it to the racetrack instead of commiting illegal activities on the street. A place needs to be designated where people can share ideas and hang out. A place where they arent automatically going to chased out because its 1 o'clock in the morning and they are automatically "up to no good". Remember not everyone is the stereotypical rice burning "Fast and the Furious" street racer.At the very least it is hurting the economy because those car owners will buy food, gasoline and other items while they are cruising.

yeah.. thats what i wrote in the readers write section.. worth a shot .
    It should be up to the owner of the parking lot you are hanging out in. I've seen guys hanging out with their cars outside car audio shops at 2 in the morning on cruise nights. If i was the owner of that store i wouldn't want people hanging in my lot all night. They could be robbing you blind.

On the other hand if some all night jack-in-the-box lets you hang out there, there should be no problem because you are buying stuff.

Don't think for a minute a cop should shoo you away from a private parking lot.

Now, as far as city parking lots, you pay taxes so they should eat a dick if they tell you to move unless some morons are fucking shit up. Part of the strip i used to hang out at when i was younger went by a courthouse and everyone would park there and watch the cars go by. No problem and they let us do it, but some dumbfucks started throwing eggs at the courthouse and made a mess so they said "no more".

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Hmm. I never did think about the taxes thing.

Thread Information