Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1999 Trans Am

Unhappy Wrecked or Been Wrecked? Post pics!!! Stories

I'm curious to find out if im the only dumbass that has hydroplaned and wrecked! I have pics but cant get them to post. I was doing 60mph on my way to work on 471 and came around a turn and hydroplaned. The car did a 360 and then the rear hit the middle cement barrier and then the front hit as well. Don't know what the damage is yet, but will post it. Post your story and or pics.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Sitting at a stop light minding my own business and I look in the rearview to see a 3000gt chick lookin down messing with something coming FAST. Nothing I can do but take her up the butt, 4600 bucks of damage to my 97 Z. We pulled over and hoe was crying and stuff hoping I wouldn't do anything, it was her 1st week driving and her 2nd wreck and she was terrified how parents were going to rip her a new one -so I ripped her a new one and sent her crying to daddy hoping he would rip her a new one too. Her insurance company called me for "my side" of the story? I was sitting at a red light dudes, that's the story, but she claimed she stopped and her foot slipped off the brakes and she bumped me. . .they paid the full amount regardless.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

OK, this one's complicated:
    I was coming up to make a right hand turn with a green turn arrow, and someone coming the opposite direction in a white GMC Yukon (soccer mom) decided she wanted to run the light at turn left onto the road I turned on to. To make things worse, it was wet and cold (about 40). Her bumper hit my driver's side rear fender, and sent me sideways. I did all I could to correct it, and as soon as I got it back under control, SHE HIT ME AGAIN! This time a little harder. So I tried to correct again, and it didn't work. Slid away from the curb, then caught and came back towards the curb hard. Passenger side rear tire hits the curb, breaks my wheel (and the curb ) as well as bending the axle housing and axle, and warping the rotor slightly, not to mention the driver's rear fender needed to be replaced. I was not a happy camper.

Here's the kicker though, the insurance company's rules stated that I had to replace everything with stock parts which meant I had to put a stock 10-bolt with 3.42's back in there. It's what I had to begin with, but i would have rather upgraded to a 9 inch with 3.89's. Stupid insurance.

Total bill was over $3000 for the rear, and I don't know how much for the body work, since I got it all done at the dealer

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I was 18. Turned left out in front of an unseen S-10 doing 60 or 70:

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dam, that shit got FUCKED up

black
    1999 Trans Am

Damn! Were you okay Mark??????

black
    1999 Trans Am

I got an estimate from my insurance company $4500. How do you post pics?

black
    1999 Trans Am

Here they are:

Black
    2002 Trans Am

^That TA damage makes me want to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by boone94
    Damn! Were you okay Mark??????
    Spent a week in the ICU with a head injury. Then a month in inpatient physcal therapy (my left leg didn't work). Don't remember anything from about an hour before, 'til about three weeks later. I'm all good now, though.

Yea, that makes me want to cry too

CessnaSovereign
    Two weeks ago:
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....4333A0fB408b47
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....F333b0ff40Ab47
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....Fea7dbF8274e39
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....0e8cW2fca28Sac
    I nearly hit him head on, he hit me at 40 and I was going 45, he originally was going 55 in a 45. $10,526.00 in damage to my car = totaled.

Other than that, when I was 17 I was with a friend and we got T-boned/rear ended, similiar to my Camaro wreck.. I was out cold for about 8 hours, but actually got away with minimal injuries considering we were hit at 80 MPH and the car was un-recognizable, my friend walked away with just a busted face..

black
    1999 Trans Am

Did / Is the insurance company taking care of you? Your car looked nice before the accident. Now you can get a T/A.....

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaSovereign
    Two weeks ago:
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....4333A0fB408b47
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....F333b0ff40Ab47
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....Fea7dbF8274e39
    http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show....0e8cW2fca28Sac
    I nearly hit him head on, he hit me at 40 and I was going 45, he originally was going 55 in a 45. $10,526.00 in damage to my car = totaled.

Other than that, when I was 17 I was with a friend and we got T-boned/rear ended, similiar to my Camaro wreck.. I was out cold for about 8 hours, but actually got away with minimal injuries considering we were hit at 80 MPH and the car was un-recognizable, my friend walked away with just a busted face..
    I loved that re-enactment, that was phatty. Sucks that you got totaled

On another note, why is it that shitty cars are usually the ones that hit us?

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    On another note, why is it that shitty cars are usually the ones that hit us?
    Because the kinds of people that cause major accidents are generally bad drivers. Normally, they will have had other wrecks and can't afford the cost to buy or insure a new/nice/fast car. On the whole, there are pretty much really good drivers and really bad drivers with multiple their fault accidents on their record. There's not much of a "middle ground".

***All of this is according to my room mate's mom, who works at an insurance company***

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by boone94
    I'm curious to find out if im the only dumbass that has hydroplaned and wrecked!
    Nope...if I remember right Diph did also

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

We hit "black ice" on the way home back in Feb.'82 My friend and I flew out the back window and landed on the other side of the highway. How the traffic going the other way didn't run over us is a miracle.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Quote Originally Posted by White Rascal
    We hit "black ice" on the way home back in Feb.'82 My friend and I flew out the back window and landed on the other side of the highway. How the traffic going the other way didn't run over us is a miracle.

That shit right there just sends chills up and down my spine.......

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
    ^That TA damage makes me want to cry.

Spent a week in the ICU with a head injury. Then a month in inpatient physcal therapy (my left leg didn't work). Don't remember anything from about an hour before, 'til about three weeks later. I'm all good now, though.
    More careful/cautious also, I bet.

1978 Corvette

Send chills out my spine as well.
    28 years ago I was a passenger in a car accident as well, I was the lone survivor. Stuff like that never leaves your memory, I can remeber that accident like it was yesterday. Always wear your seat belt.

I hear you on that one...One time I was getting off an exit ramp in very light rain and as I turned onto the road the rear end slid out on me and I did a 360 in the intersection with cars buzzing around me.... I didn't hit anything and slid to a stop but it was a damn sobering experience to think what could have happened.

I wasn't going that fast but it didn't help that my tires were in need of replacement.

It doesn't take much, you really need to respect these cars or they will do you in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information