Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

would like your thoughts and opinions on my maro

i got myself into an awesome career as a truck driver, so i have the money to play with now...i have come into a bump in the road...im contemplating selling/trading the camaro for a 05+ gto...but would just kinda like everyones thoughts or opinions on it...im kinda torn...yeah the gtos are sweet if u get what u want in them.. and the ls2! but then again it kinda blends in with the crowd, versus say a camaro sticks out, and i can spot one a mile away. ya know? ive been researching the shit out of gto's here lately, so i haf ass know what im getting into..anyone have any personal experience with a ls2 goat here or what? just lemme know guys thanks

who sacraficed all.
    in memory of those

In my owm opinion,the goat is nice looking,but it should have been called a G8 or something other than gto,I don't think it lives up to the name.
    Yes they are fast,but it looks kinda like a grand prix.
    Stick with the f body
    Again,my own opinion

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

well see thats why im torn...my girl has 110k on the clock, still basically stock...but if i were to make her fast, itll require alot more work being this many miles on it..vs just going out and getting a gto with a lot less miles, more hp to boot stock, and build it up...something bout a full exhaust and cammed lsx drives me nuts

who sacraficed all.
    in memory of those

Like I said I don't think the the new goat lives up to it's name,but if all your looking for is hp,then that would be the way to go.
    My opinion: looks are just as impotant as how fast it is.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yeah im with you there...the gto doesnt live up to its name....but to me its not about that....i love the looks of them, inside and out...the maro interior is kinda plain, compared the that of the gto..so yeah haha...more powere, and still looks good so to me it sounds good

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    i got myself into an awesome career as a truck driver, so i have the money to play with now...i have come into a bump in the road...im contemplating selling/trading the camaro for a 05+ gto...but would just kinda like everyones thoughts or opinions on it...im kinda torn...yeah the gtos are sweet if u get what u want in them.. and the ls2! but then again it kinda blends in with the crowd, versus say a camaro sticks out, and i can spot one a mile away. ya know? ive been researching the shit out of gto's here lately, so i haf ass know what im getting into..anyone have any personal experience with a ls2 goat here or what? just lemme know guys thanks

I would stay with the Camaro - Yes, GTO's have the LS2 - but they're also heavier.

At the end of the day, you're the one that has to drive it - I say go with your gut feeling and never look back.

who sacraficed all.
    in memory of those

yeah im with you there...the gto doesnt live up to its name....but to me its not about that....i love the looks of them, inside and out...the maro interior is kinda plain, compared the that of the gto..so yeah haha...more powere, and still looks good so to me it sounds good
    You will be the one that need to be happy with it.
    At the end of the day,that's all that matters.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by davidbie View Post
    You will be the one that need to be happy with it.
    At the end of the day,that's all that matters.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

anyone deal with a ls2 gto? anything good or bad with them? i dont wanna sell the maro having knock on wood, never had a problem with except for a flat tire once. to get a gto, to find out that their shitty or something

White
    '10 ZR1

to find out that their shitty or something
    That's pretty subjective - there are lemons of every single make and every model, just hope that if you decide to get a GTO that you don't get a lemon.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

i personally like the GTO. The interior is 10X better than an F-body. I just think they are two different animals. Do you want a pure muscle car or a hot rod family car. Either way I think you cant go wrong

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i know. haha. that and i have a problem with wanting a different car every 4-5 years. which ive had the maro for about that long....but then again i dont know. i could just spend the money and completly run through the maro and build it the way i want it, but i wouldnt be thrilled bout doing a a/t to m6 swap which is a big thing bothering me, i want a freaking m6 haha. so i guess i got me some thinking to do

White
    '10 ZR1

i know. haha. that and i have a problem with wanting a different car every 4-5 years. which ive had the maro for about that long....but then again i dont know. i could just spend the money and completly run through the maro and build it the way i want it, but i wouldnt be thrilled bout doing a a/t to m6 swap which is a big thing bothering me, i want a freaking m6 haha. so i guess i got me some thinking to do
    There's another option - just find another Camaro with lower miles....and build that one up.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

hmm...haha, never thought of that theres another option to ponder now

White
    '10 ZR1

hmm...haha, never thought of that theres another option to ponder now
    and, the odds are good you could find one much cheaper than a GTO - and start modding

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Sounds to me like you already made your mind up on getting the GTO. They have more HP, but they are a heavy pig that needs to diet. Badly.

The interior is awesome, you cant beat it.

They do not stand out to 90 % of the population. I know plenty of people that didnt even know they made a new GTO until I told them. I sometimes even have a hard time spotting 04's. 05's have the hood and dual exhaust. I was really close to buying a GTO, but the factors above made me shy away. I saw myself getting bored with the looks fairly quickly, and I didnt want to buy/sell cars. Good luck with whatever you get, its kind of a win/win situation.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

With the money your going to dump into JUST the price of the car (GTO) you could have a very solid start on a street monster (Fbody)

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

ahhhh, so many options here...i guess im gonna have to actually track down a ls2 gto around here somewhere and actually take one out for a weekend or so, and really see what their all about. cuz yeah, i dont know how id feel if i got rid of my maro, and got a gto..being as i havent driven a ls2 gto. i did drive a brand new 04 but that was some time ago and i cant remember much about it except the interior kicked ass.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Just slap on some GTO badges on a cavaliar or G6 and people will never know the difference haha. JK, but in all, I love my GTO. 100x better than my camaro. More interior room, besides the trunk. And so what if they are heavy, they wernt made cheap like the Fbodys were. Holden made a very good car, Pontiac didnt know how to sell it. Having the IRS, and the room to actually work on the engine, and not have half of it sitting in the dash like the Fbodys makes it easier to work on. It only took me half hour to change the spark plugs compared to all day in my old Fbody. No need to get underneath the car to get plug #8. I coulda had a LS2 GTO, but the price had me sold on a LS1 GTO, but I plan on modding it so engine doesnt really matter.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

im probably gunna get bashed for this but i really dont think a maro sticks out that much. if you really want something that sticks out get a WS6 dont hate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information