Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White
    1998 Trans Am

would it kill me?

i've never owned a motorcycle before but i'm really kicking around the idea of buying one. i love the looks of the busas, but at 1300cc is this going to kill me for my first bike? or should i drop down and go with a smaller GSX?

i would be dead if i had one.

blue
    83 mustang 347

it's all about how much discipline you have, but me being a 4 wheel kinda guy cannot give you sound advice on this. i think i would buy an older smaller bike to get aquainted with before going after a liter or more

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

First off a bike will have as much respect for you as you have for it.
    The Busa is a big bike, But the size of the bike has alot to do with the size of the person, If you dont weigh im thinking its 180lbs + they wont even sell you a Busa. But If your a smaller guy under 6 foot and under 180lbs, You dont need a busa, get a bike you can handle get something your comfortable riding like a 600 or 750, I personally like a 750, not just a power machine. Just be smart when riding. Good luck!!!!!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lets put it this way, you cant handle a 600cc trust me, they are fucking fast as shit

if ur gonna get one get a 600, its all u'll ever need

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    lets put it this way, you cant handle a 600cc trust me, they are fucking fast as shit

if ur gonna get one get a 600, its all u'll ever need
    +1. very few riders can even ride a 600 to like 3/4 the potential of the bike.

The newer 600cc bikes are quick enough to keep anyone occupied,and most of them make anywhere from 100hp to 130hp from the factory. My 07 650r Ninja is quick enough for me considering it is my first bike I have ever owned, and it only makes about 68hp. I wanted something different than a inline 4 bike, and the parrellel twin is more friendly for everyday riding that I do.

A smaller bike with alittle less horsepower is more forgiving and that is what alot of newer riders need, and the 600rr bikes are not as forgiving because they have to be run at higher rpm's to be happy. A bike is a whole new way of getting around and a different lifestyle, and as long as you respect the bike you should be okay.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I have a GSXR 600 and it is fast as hell. I don't want to even imagine driving a busa.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

It honestly just depends on whether or not you drive it. I mean, you could buy 100 bikes, but if they sit in your garage and you never drive them, they're pretty unlikely to kill you. That is, if you discount the probable homicide comitted by your wife for your bad financial decisions.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    It honestly just depends on whether or not you drive it. I mean, you could buy 100 bikes, but if they sit in your garage and you never drive them, they're pretty unlikely to kill you. That is, if you discount the probable homicide comitted by your wife for your bad financial decisions.
    best answer so far

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by NE98LS1 View Post
    i've never owned a motorcycle before but i'm really kicking around the idea of buying one. i love the looks of the busas, but at 1300cc is this going to kill me for my first bike? or should i drop down and go with a smaller GSX?
    Its posts like this that make me stay off the bike forums.... go take a MSF course, then snag like a F4i or somthing. Jesus christ

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

First bike? Yea, a busa will likely put you in the hospital at the very least. You slip of the clutch too quick in a busa, you are prolly going down. Do that in a 600, and you might just pop a little wheelie.

Dude, if you get a busa, I'm starting a pot for the day you stop posting here forever.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

GET THE BUSA!! They aren't all that fast. Neither are the GSX-Rs really. Don't bother with a helmet because it will just slow you down and it's alot safer to ride without one because you can hear everything better. If the wind bothers your eyes, just wear some Oakleys. A good heavy t-shirt, some quality shorts, and some nice cross trainers will round out your riding apparel nicely. Don't forget the MP3 player! Long rides through heavy traffic can get boring so it's nice to have some tunes cranked up! Wheelies are simple. From a stop, hit about 6500 rpms and dump the clutch. The bike will do the rest. Girls LOVE it and you'll look super cool. If you have any questions just let me know. If you decide the Busa is too much, the Gixxer 1000 and the R1 are nice bikes. They're slower because they're smaller. Good luck!

black
    98 WS6

if you start on a very fast bike you will never learn how to ride good
    here's a good way
    1. take a MSF course
    2. get a ninja 250 unless you're a badass like your question suggests :roll: then proceed to #3
    3. get a sv650 or ninja 650
    do at least 10K miles and then if you still need a faster bike buy a 600cc SS

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Bullshit. If you get a smaller bike, everybody at the mall will point and laugh. Get the Bussa.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Look a new cbr 600 is way FAST get that, It will kill you so respect it. Take the course and you will get used to it.....baaaa on the 250 thats for Like Blitzed and peaches....LOL....get a new cbr 600rr thats all you want.......thank me later/....LOL....I told you WES...I'd get ya!!!!
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 11-06-2007 at 12:15 AM.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Dude, I learned on a friends Ninja 250 Damn near lost it a couple of times thinking I knew what I was doing. I had 3 slow bikes before I bought my ZX-7RR. Glad I had those beginners bikes for sure! If this is actually a serious question, then he deserves to die in a high speed fiery crash. For the record, I know exactly what the Hayabusa is capable of. I rode one around for a couple of months last summer. My Ninja is REALLY fast, but the Bussa is OMFGWTFBBQ fast. Stupid insane fast. One of our friends took his to the track and it threw him off the back at 73mph. He shifted and the front wheel went straight up. I'm not sure if I could even wheelie my bike at that speed. I wanted a Busa until I rode one.
    Last edited by nitrox28; 11-06-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Dont be a pussy get a Busa..if thats what you want...any bike will kill yea 100mph is 100 mph doent matter if its a 600/750/1000 etc its all about discipline..I concur with pecha and whoever else said to take the MSF it was the best class I ever took teaches you alot about how to ride...
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

There is alot of Busa's that run at a track near me, and I have not seen 1 do a wheelie, Hell the 600's are almost as fast as they are, Its an 1/8 mile track but still, Busa doesnt impress me unless its Turbo, Then it gets fast!!!! The Zx1400's are in my book the badest. At least thats who's the badest at the track. I have seen them carry the front wheel the entire track running 5.30's @ 148. Now thats something to worry about. Im thinkin the last busa I seen run was 6.90's @ 108. The 600's some run in the 6.90's and some run in the 7.00's. I like suzuki but were I live Kawasaki rule the tracks. So Busa or not there all fast, and will kill you of your dumb on it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    GET THE BUSA!! They aren't all that fast. Neither are the GSX-Rs really. Don't bother with a helmet because it will just slow you down and it's alot safer to ride without one because you can hear everything better. If the wind bothers your eyes, just wear some Oakleys. A good heavy t-shirt, some quality shorts, and some nice cross trainers will round out your riding apparel nicely. Don't forget the MP3 player! Long rides through heavy traffic can get boring so it's nice to have some tunes cranked up! Wheelies are simple. From a stop, hit about 6500 rpms and dump the clutch. The bike will do the rest. Girls LOVE it and you'll look super cool. If you have any questions just let me know. If you decide the Busa is too much, the Gixxer 1000 and the R1 are nice bikes. They're slower because they're smaller. Good luck!
    quality shorts are the key? haha well i think after reading the replys a 600 bike is most likely the way i'll hafta go and definetely look into taking a safety course, thanks for the info and a few smart ass comments that made me laugh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information