Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Why in the hell?

Not trying to start anything with the vette guys, but why do people think C5 vettes will beat our f-bodies straight line. Either that or I am the best M6 driver in the world (not a fucking chance on that). Here is why I am stating this:

My car (lid and filter) vs. 01 C5 (stall, tires, catback, and air intake)
    I beat him 10 times, from rolls, from stops, on the street, at the track, even with him switching drivers.

My car (lid, filter, sfc, ftra,LT,ORYP)vs. 04 Z06 M6(Catback, tires, and intake)
    I beat him 3 times. From a 1st gear roll, and from two second gear rolls.

Maybe I have a freak, never had it dynoed yet. I have only lost to 1 vette and that was the mighty C6 Z06 which murdered me. Obviously money is the decideing factor on how fast you want to go but I keep getting C5 vette guys talking shit. I like the car and am not trying to bash a vette, I want a C5 Z06 or a C6 Z06 myself when I have money but people I run into are idiots. I have more race stories but this thread is getting too long already. Pretty much stock for stock straight line a F-body will win over a C5 base model. Rant over.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

It's a Vette! .................................................. ......j/k

i could see you beating a c5, but a c5 zo6 is hard to believe.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I think the reason with that is I had been driving a manual for about 7 years at the time (Dad told me if you can drive a manual you can drive everything) and the guy I raced had only been driving a manual for around a month. He was shocked when I beat him all three times (Hes a buddy of mine) We only ran to about 120 and I had him by about a fender all three. Higher up he may have pulled but we had to shut it down on the desserted road. Re-match is coming this spring. He has added a short throw shifter, and LT's. I have what is in my sig. Besides him and the people on this board, all of the other vette guys I meet in person are ignorant.
    Last edited by blackSS01; 02-10-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sounds like the zo6 needs the driver mod

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I agree. That Z06 and the C6 Z06 were the only 2 Z06's I have ever raced. He's a little better driver now, I need to step my game up with maybe a cam or something to beat him now, the damn mod bug. I am mainly talking about base models but wanted to throw in the Z06 race for the hell of it.

member of the 11 sec club scramblerman's Avatar

QuickSilver
    2002 Z06 vette 405hp!!!!!

both of those guys need to learn how to drive, especially the guy in the c5Z06. You will need a good h/c cam package in your ws6 to beat a stock c5z06, minimum of 400rwhp. Doubt that your car runs high 11's to low 12's in the quarter mile and traps 116+mph. The guy in the stalled vette should of taken you out of the hole everytime, plus he had more mods than you. Then again anything can happen on the street.

you hav to understand that yes the vette has the same motor and maybe the same amount of hp but the vette weighs less and has the better power to weight ratio than the f-bodies do. This is coming from a former ws6 owner.

I will say that the vette is faster car all around but the f-body is more fun.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Its hard to fuck up driving an auto which is what the C5 was obv. He even switched drivers at the track. It was a old man and he let his 30 ish son drive and then the son let his friend drive so I don't think it was driver error. He was getting so pissed it was funny. Like I said we went from digs, rolls, on the street, and at the track and I never lost not once. Then there is the other 13 or so vettes I have ran and never lost. I would like to run more Z06's with better drivers just to see how well I can hang. I am the type of person, I will race even if I know I will lose because I just like the thrill.

QuickSilver

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Its hard to fuck up driving an auto which is what the C5 was obv. He even switched drivers at the track. It was a old man and he let his 30 ish son drive and then the son let his friend drive so I don't think it was driver error. He was getting so pissed it was funny. Like I said we went from digs, rolls, on the street, and at the track and I never lost not once. Then there is the other 13 or so vettes I have ran and never lost. I would like to run more Z06's with better drivers just to see how well I can hang. I am the type of person, I will race even if I know I will lose because I just like the thrill.
    Sounds like the car has no stall or the old man has no idea how to stall the vette up. Anyways good kills. Like i said anything can happen in the street, seen some crazy stuff.
    I'm with you on racing pretty much anything just to see how bad I will lose. Those are always fun.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

maybe because c5's will be f-bodies stock for stock 99.99999999987% of the time. I'd say the luck you've had with them is an anomaly. I'd call Ripley's if I were you.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

did any of the vettes spin out real bad?

this doesnt sound right, idk maybe you got a freak idk...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Before you jump on me, I didn't read most of your post or any of the replies.

Not trying to start anything with the vette guys, but why do people think C5 vettes will beat our f-bodies straight line.
    They think that because they will. GM would never let it's baby be outdone by a cheaper car with a lower reputation.

If you have beaten one, it's probably because the driver was sucking off his boyfriend while racing you. Either that or it has serious mechanical problems.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea, on paper a vette will always win in the chevy world, its all power to weigh ratios and huge tires, with a balanced frame and body

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You can't give the old GM will never let anything out do the vette because that is just not true. The vette many years has had inflated numbers while other cars have been deflated. I just today watched a show and for example the 1989 Turbo Trans Am had its numbers severely deflated to protect the old vette. But to get back to the subject, maybe I do have a freak and don't know it. I have had a vette or two spin against me but def not all of them. And not the two I listed today. In fact against the Z06 he had great traction because he told me he was surprised he hooked in first. I don't know, unless I am just running into shitty drivers all over the US and they all drive vettes, I am at a loss. Can't wait to dyno my baby though, because now that I think about it, I have beat alot of cars that people on this board have problems with.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

[QUOTE=scramblerman;1305831].. .. .. You will need a good h/c cam package in your ws6 to beat a stock c5z06.. .. ..QUOTE]

correct me if i'm wrong, but... doesn't the thread starter drive a 'Maro SS??

but seriously, stock c5's are pretty close.. h/e a Zo6 take a little work to reach... +1 for the driver mod... ya'll switch cars and see how you do.

QuickSilver

[QUOTE=FORD RECOVERY EXPERT;1306976]
    Quote Originally Posted by scramblerman View Post
    .. .. .. You will need a good h/c cam package in your ws6 to beat a stock c5z06.. .. ..QUOTE]

correct me if i'm wrong, but... doesn't the thread starter drive a 'Maro SS??

but seriously, stock c5's are pretty close.. h/e a Zo6 take a little work to reach... +1 for the driver mod... ya'll switch cars and see how you do.
    Yes he does, my bad. LOL

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by scramblerman; 02-11-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling error

White
    '10 ZR1

You can't give the old GM will never let anything out do the vette because that is just not true. The vette many years has had inflated numbers while other cars have been deflated. I just today watched a show and for example the 1989 Turbo Trans Am had its numbers severely deflated to protect the old vette.

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Sorry, I have an Overobservation Problem sometimes...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    maybe because c5's will be f-bodies stock for stock 99.99999999987% of the time. I'd say the luck you've had with them is an anomaly. I'd call Ripley's if I were you.
    +1...

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

You can't give the old GM will never let anything out do the vette because that is just not true. The vette many years has had inflated numbers while other cars have been deflated. I just today watched a show and for example the 1989 Turbo Trans Am had its numbers severely deflated to protect the old vette. .
    wasnt this also true for the '97 WS6's???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information