View Poll Results: New big three or old big three?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • New school: garrnet,allen,pierce

0 0%
  • Old school: parish,bird,mchale

8 100.00%

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Who are you most impressed by the new celtics big three or the old big three.

topic.

Woah the topic came out wrong lol the question was: are you impressed more by the new big three or old big three?
    Last edited by Murder after Midnight; 11-20-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

The new Celtics are heck of a team and Garnett will go on to be one of the best of all time. Allen and Pierce are great players but not legends. The legacy Bird, McHale and Parish had in Boston will go down as one of the best dynastys in sports history. No comparison.

old school FTW

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    old school FTW
    What happened to your sidekick burnws6 I have not seen him in a while?

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    The new Celtics are heck of a team and Garnett will go on to be one of the best of all time. Allen and Pierce are great players but not legends. The legacy Bird, McHale and Parish had in Boston will go down as one of the best dynastys in sports history. No comparison.
    Hard to argue that man, but if this new team wins championships pierce and allen could end up as some of the best ever they have the talent man.

silver2002Z
    i cant believe this subject.........first of all todays basketball is played differently than 20 some yrs ago......the big three of the 80s were incredibly dominant.....i still say the 1986 celtics team could have beaten any team any era.......todays big three definately have talent, and i think the presence of garnett and ray allen will only help Pierce.......as a person who watches every game.....they seem to lose focus @ times throughout the game......but the talent is most certainly there.......but to answer your question....i like the big 3 of the 80s .

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

The new school reminds me of old, but its not the same. I like both teams, but Larry Bird being my favorite b-ball player ever.......

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the quality of 80's basketball was better, but the raw talent of todays players are better in terms of strenghth,ability and speed. Kevin Garnett is awesome and Ray Allen has a shot at acutally proving he's worth a shit. Jus remember nobody on this current team has ever won anything.

silver2002Z
    hey 310 stranger.....do u agree that the 86 celtics are argueably the best team ever?.....Larry bird was my childhood idol growin up. !!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by silver2002Z View Post
    hey 310 stranger.....do u agree that the 86 celtics are argueably the best team ever?.....Larry bird was my childhood idol growin up. !!
    Its between that team and the 90's Bulls teams. As far as some of the most spectacular moments in basketball.... Larry Bird did things that defy logic. Behind the back no look passes in traffic, calling 3 pointers and then hitting them nothing but net while looking at the other teams bench. He was a superstar that played team ball. Now I'll save everyone the breath of saying that Jordan did a bunch of the same, I jus think Bird was a better Perimeter player and less selfish. Heck I dont wanna off topic this. Imma make a thread about this lol

silver2002Z
    nah we wont do a jordan vs bird thread......that could get ugly
    but i agree with you bird was a magician with the basketball. I saw him play an exhibition game and he was running to save a ball from goin out of bounds.........he caught it running out of bounds .....spun around threw it up @ the basket...the ball went over the back of the backboard and went in the net.....he couldnt jump.....run....wasnt extremely fast....but he was by far the smartest basketball player .....and he knew how to get his opponents rattled....i.e. trash talking ....and he could back it up too!!!

Thread Information