Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Who plays poker?

Anyone else here play Texas Hold Em?

It has become my latest money sucking hobby

Been doing tournaments in AC lately. Thinking about taking a break from them & going to cash games.

Do you prefer tournaments or cash games & why?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I play, but not for cash. Just for fun. Usually a few times a month we'll have a poker night. We save the cash for the booze

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I rarely lose, but the people I play with are never experts. So I doubt I'm actually any good...

red
    95 Z28

I go up and play in Blackhawk (mountain gambling town here in Colorado) five or ten times per year. I almost always play in cash games, although sometimes I think my general playing strategy is better suited to tournament play. One reason I like cash games though is that I can come and play whenever, not worrying about when the tourny starts. You can also play at your own pace, rather than having the action being forced on you by ever increasing blinds. You can see alot of cards for cheap at a 2-100 game, and you're not forced to play mediocre cards when you dont want to. This is especially useful if you're just not catching any cards, and I'm generally a tight player when I'm even or down. I loosen up when I'm up and play more cards. And I cant afford to sit down at a 10-20 game lol. I even have a hard time playing 5-10 omaha, you cant hardly see a flop for less than 20 each time.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I've been playing in a home game about 10 years now. Every TR like clockwork. It's fun. A few of the guys have won big at the boats - the largest being 37K in one night. Yea, 37K. I generally don't play at the boats because there are just too many donkeys there. I will play in a local tournament though at a friends house or the like.

I typically play tighter in tournaments than I do in cash games. You have to switch your style up though or people learn your playing habits quickly.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Damn that's a nice pot for one night. Unbelievable...

A kid I went to HS with is making a living in Vegas, apparently he's pretty good, maybe he'll give me some pointers.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

One of my best friends made a living playing poker for about 2 years. Wasn't living the high life by any means, but made enough to survive.

My middle brother played in a 3K buy-in in Vegas a few years ago. He got knocked out in 3 hours. Haha. That was rough.

Lots of friends still play at the boats regularly. Lots play in Satellites and one has played in the Heartland Tour a few times. Some have done alright.

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Just did another MTT in AC yesterday. Made it to last 2 tables then knocked out. When the blinds get up there it gets pretty rough. I was on a hot streak then nothing but air again. Only the final table cashes. Maybe next time!

Thread Information