Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Who has planned or gone to work Christmas parties?

2 months back I was mentioning at work that we should have a Christmas party at my buddies Inn/hotel in Whittier Alaska. We got a lot of new people and I figured it would be a good way to let lose and get to know everyone a little better and celebrate the holidays at the same time. Problem is.... since i mentioned it now Im in charge and dont know what all to do for entertainment!!

I already have the inn booked for all of their rooms and the catering paid for. I put $500 on the bar which Im assuming will last about 5 minutes. There is a tunnel that goes to the inn and closes at night so everyone will be forced to stay which means everone will probably be hittin the since they dont have to worry about driving home. We're keeping it casual so noone will be dressing up fancy.

What activities should I plan besides just boozing it up all night? We're already doing a Chinese auction and a few guys from work got voted into having to dress up as santa, mrs claus and a sexy elf as part of one of our fundraisers. Hopefully the kids wont be scarred for life! Someone is also bringing Rock Band which has Karaoke.

What all have you guys done that you had a good time with?? Party is on Friday the 14th so im pressed for time!
    Last edited by ArcticZ06; 12-08-2007 at 10:06 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we used to do poker. You won tickets that were then put into a drawing for door prizes. Pretty cool and it was free beer so how could you not go wrong.
    beer and poker = fun
    beer and football = fun
    beer and weddings = fun
    beer and root canal = fun
    beer and (insert activity here) = fun

Just have plenty of beer and everything will be alright.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    free beer so how could you not go wrong.

Just have plenty of beer and everything will be alright.
    Priorities
    Cliff Notes : Emphasis on the beer part.

11 F350 CC 6.7L

Oh, forgot to mention a Canadian is taking a huge thing of Moose Milk that has loads of alcohol in it. Someone is making Yukka (SP?) but its basically to bottles of vodka and lemons that you have to shake for a long time before you drink it. I guess the thing to do is to keep passing it around and shaking it until its ready to drink.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

they also have this thing called beer. Shaking it is actually bad.....it's ready to drink right from the store.....and it doesn't have milk in it either.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

what kinda work is it?

11 F350 CC 6.7L

Air National Guard. Pretty laid back with a mix of and people who all like to

Im mainly worried about the people who dont like to booze it up. We have a pretty good spread of food but that only goes so far.

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Are any females attending this party? If you have alchohol, mixed gender crowd and motel rooms it just might be fun.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Depending on the number of people involved and the budget there are many options.

We attended the company party for my wife's work ( car dealer with about 150 employees)....

They had a DJ, who had a couple of helpers with fuzzy hats, glow sticks, and got people dancing. In between there was a decent buffet, and three rounds of raffles (everybody received a number at the beginning of the party). Gifts were small (from a day off with pay), to decent (250 worth of heating oil or a "weekender" night at the hotel, to excellent ( laptop computer and a 1000 dollar cash prize).

As far as the drinking, each party goer received two free drink tickets (paid for by the company), which allowed them to give us some booze but not be responsible for anyone getting too hammered. These tickets are bought in advance at a discount so everyone makes out on the deal. Same for the gifts, many of which were "trades" by area business for being mentioned at the party.

At one of my companies I do a "secret santa" thing where a salesperson goes out and buys inexpensive gag gifts for the people. I then give out cash bonuses, anywhere from 100 to a new entry level employee working less than three months to 2000 for long time key people...

Sometimes local comedians have been hired to MC the event. Also local musicians are sometimes enlisted.

I do suggest a "loose" structure and you should tailor the entertainment to the people attending.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

My company cancelled it this year. I work for an airline and the cost of fuel is killing us.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

As long as you follow Orion's advice you should be golden

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

One Christmas our manager left out a half empty box of stale doughnuts for us while we were opening up in the morning. That was the closest "party" we had on the account of our manager... but we made everyday a party by ourselves... Something was set on fire once a week and someone was fired every three or four weeks

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

could alway see about a rock n roll cover band if they aren't all booked up already.

make sure to have a good spread of cocktail foods and maybe buffet foods nice and hot.

get some playstations hooked up to a few tv's...guitar hero and some first person shooter games...racing games...or kick it old school with a super nintendo...nothin beats zelda a link to the past or super mario world.

since yer up in AK i'm assuming you have snow...why not have a snowball fight once everyone gets sloshed up. build some forts and whip the crap outta your sergeants and officers.

i dunno...the one christmas work party that i went to sucked. no open bar, i couldn't drink cause at the time i was underage, everyone there was over 21, they were watching the packers who i hate, they didn't have squat in the way of good food or even snacks for that matter. it sucked as far as i was concerned.

insert witty title here Blk00ws6's Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6

Had to. It was "mandatory fun" in my battalion

11 F350 CC 6.7L

I raised another 500 bucks today to to put on booze! I think we should be okay. I'll probably pick up some finger foods so people can snack on while we are drinking the tastey beverages.

I thought about going with a band but we dont have it in our budget. MAybe next year if I start planning early enough.

Thanks for all of the input guys!

Oh and Bobby97SS: there will be chicks there. Im trying to decide if I want to take a trophy date who will be stuck up and probably get mad at me when I get sloshed or take one of my slush friends who will probably end up passing out and puking on a pool table... hmmm decisions decisions!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mcarse81 View Post

Oh and Bobby97SS: there will be chicks there. Im trying to decide if I want to take a trophy date who will be stuck up and probably get mad at me when I get sloshed or take one of my slush friends who will probably end up passing out and puking on a pool table... hmmm decisions decisions!
    i'd take the puker over the stick up her ass

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

i'd take the one thats gonna get you some ass

Thread Information