Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who to charge

2000 z28

who to charge

hi ive been browsing the forum for a little over a year now and finally got myself a 2000 z28.

Well this last sunday i let one of my friends take my car to go get her kid.(which was a mistake but at 17 i make alot of them). So her and her friend left with my car to go to her exboyfriends house to get her kid. And i guess when they were there he came running out of the house and started to kick my car, bend my antanna into a 90 degree angle, and like slide stuff accross my hood. So they bring my car back and at first i only noticed the antanna so im not to worryied cuz its only 25$ for a new one.

Today i go and talk to this kids mom cuz she works in the town that i live in and i ask her if she can talk to her son to get me my 25$ and she said there is no way in hell that anybody is paying me any money because it was my fault that he kicked it and stuff because i let her take my car up there. I told her i was gonna press charges then and she just started laughing and winked at me and said well i can get like 5 ppl to say that he didnt do anything to your car. So i went to wash it today and when i got done i noticed like 5 dents in the passenger side rear quater panel and the bottom part of my appearance package for the rear bumper had a big crack in it and also there are some big scrathes on my hood. So i called the police and he told me to bring it to a repair shop and get an estimate then see if any of the witnesses will fill out a statement. I brought it to a repair shop and he quoted me 1500$ to fix it all. So i went and talked to the girl that was driving my car and she said that she is not gonna fill one out because she still likes this guy and does not want to get him in touble. But her friend who was in the passenger seat filled one out saying what all happened and stuff. And i also have copies of conversations that i had with some of the other witnesses saying that they seen him do stuff to my car.

So i guess my question is since i was not there do i go after her for taking my car in bringing it back damaged or do i go after him for doing the damage to it. At first i thought i would go after him but i was told since i was not there when it happened it would be easier to go after her for bringing it back damaged.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

call the police

pie
    free

Damn this sounds like a bad situation.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

call the cops. that's about all that you can do. tell them your story how it went down. if you are lucky you will be able to press charges and will be able to come up with people that can back up your story for the disputed trial that is sure to come.

good luck to you and never lend your car to anybody.

2000 z28

i already called the police about this all. thats who told me to have ppl fill out statements. im thinking tomorrow im gonna go talk to someone who would know more about who i should charge

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I would say kick the guys ass, but seriously if your dumb enough to give some chick YOUR car to go to her ex boyfriends house with you deserve what you got. Hell you should get your ass kicked. I don't care how old you are. Shit you are 17 and have a sweet car and your dumb enough to just lend it out. When i was 17 I wouldn't have given my piece of crap Nova that was worth $1500 to a chick to borrow no matter how horny I was and how hot she was. In the end your probably going to get screwed even more than you already have. Lesson learned.

brown/tan
    71 skylark/02 bonneville

the guy should. what a fuck head

2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    call the cops. that's about all that you can do. tell them your story how it went down. if you are lucky you will be able to press charges and will be able to come up with people that can back up your story for the disputed trial that is sure to come.

good luck to you and never lend your car to anybody.
    i have written statements from 2 of the 5 ppl that were there saying he did it

but the big thing is do i go after him, or her for bring my car back damaged

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by tonysz28 View Post
    i have written statements from 2 of the 5 ppl that were there saying he did it

but the big thing is do i go after him, or her for bring my car back damaged
    well he is the one that did the actual physical damage of property so he is responsible for that.

i don't think that she has any responsibility for the damage unless she took part in damaging the vehicle or if she told him to do it. you can ask the cops to contact her and ask for a statement from her since she refuses to give a statement and her friends that was there gave a statement about what happened. if you press charges and she refuses to give a statement she could potentially get a ticket for obstruction.

either way you don't want to date her anymore.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

also you shouldn't talk with the mother of the offender as that can only cause more problems. did anyone hear that conversation take place aside from you and her? if so you could get a statement from them that could get her testimony thrown out since she basically admitted that her son was at fault for the damages.

NBM
    99 TA

what you should do, is never let ANYONE... drive YOUR car.
    As for the damage, i would say you are fucked... and the girl who you lent the car to should pay because if she is protecting the guy and will not fill out a witness statement to save his ass, then she can pay 1500 to protect him. SHe was responsible for the car (it was in her care so whatever happens to it while it was in her posession is her responsibility as far as i can see it.) If her ex was a lunatic, don't tell me she had no idea he would come out and do some stupid shit to your car

If I borrowed a friends car to go do some shady bullshit and something like that happened, I would take responsibility for it.

Here are my questions?
    1. wtf is a 17 yr old doing hanging out with some broad with a kid?
    2. wtf business does some broad with a kid have borrowing YOUR car to go pick up HER kid?
    3. why would you let some broad borrow your car to go see her ex bf?
    4. whyin the holy fuck is a baby riding around in a camaro? was there a car seat in the back (i am assuming a very young child, possibly an infant due to the ages of the folks in question but correct me if i am wrong)

sorry for the long post but the bottom line is, you are 17 and you made a really dumb mistake. Learn from it. Move on with life.

2000 z28

yea i did make a really dumb mistake, and to be honest with you she is the first person to drive the car besides me since i had it and her ex was already going out with another chick so i didnt think to much of it.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    what you should do, is never let ANYONE... drive YOUR car.
    As for the damage, i would say you are fucked... and the girl who you lent the car to should pay because if she is protecting the guy and will not fill out a witness statement to save his ass, then she can pay 1500 to protect him. SHe was responsible for the car (it was in her care so whatever happens to it while it was in her posession is her responsibility as far as i can see it.) If her ex was a lunatic, don't tell me she had no idea he would come out and do some stupid shit to your car

If I borrowed a friends car to go do some shady bullshit and something like that happened, I would take responsibility for it.

Here are my questions?
    1. wtf is a 17 yr old doing hanging out with some broad with a kid?
    2. wtf business does some broad with a kid have borrowing YOUR car to go pick up HER kid?
    3. why would you let some broad borrow your car to go see her ex bf?
    4. whyin the holy fuck is a baby riding around in a camaro? was there a car seat in the back (i am assuming a very young child, possibly an infant due to the ages of the folks in question but correct me if i am wrong)

sorry for the long post but the bottom line is, you are 17 and you made a really dumb mistake. Learn from it. Move on with life.
    +1 and to the original poster, I sure hope you didnt think you were getting a piece from her because I bet ya a billion dollars she fucked that kid while she was gone with your car too. Why the heck would you let some slut with a kid take your ride dude. Let her get her own freakin car. Or better yet drive her there yourself if you insist on helping her out. Any girl like that is totally beat in my book. let her take a bus.

2000 z28

i defently learned my lesson on this one

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by tonysz28 View Post
    i defently learned my lesson on this one
    sorry, that lesson ain't over yet. I would imagine you're not gonna get shit out of this deal. Even if everyone and their brother filled out a statement you're still not gonna see a penny from this guy. You can't go after her. Since you willingly let her use your car then you're responsible for what happened to it. Do you have comprehensive on your insurance? If so that's about the only way you're gonna see any money. File a police report and claim it and collect your $1500 and since you're 17 watch your insurance premiums triple and you'll pay twice that back to them. Life comes at you fast.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    sorry, that lesson ain't over yet. I would imagine you're not gonna get shit out of this deal. Even if everyone and their brother filled out a statement you're still not gonna see a penny from this guy. You can't go after her. Since you willingly let her use your car then you're responsible for what happened to it. Do you have comprehensive on your insurance? If so that's about the only way you're gonna see any money. File a police report and claim it and collect your $1500 and since you're 17 watch your insurance premiums triple and you'll pay twice that back to them. Life comes at you fast.
    oh snap....

The nail got hit on the head.

2000 z28

actually i just talked to a couple of officers and they said i can charge him with destruction of property

98 Formula
    06 duramax

right, you can charge him. Hell, he can be found guilty. You're not gonna see a dime from the guy.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

right, you can charge him. Hell, he can be found guilty. You're not gonna see a dime from the guy.
    haha yeah, he'll pay charges to the courts and lawyers lol the police department and municipal court will be the ones making out on this fiasco

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I read this and just shook my head... such a poor, mis-guided attempt to get pussy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information