Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Where's that thread for the concept firebird?

I need to add this one......

This thing is awesome. Looks like it has t-tops as well. I sure hope they have t-tops..

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

it needs a real ram air hood........it looks too much like the camaro

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

+1 ^^^^

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

to bad it's just a photochop since they aren't going to make a 5th gen firebird when the camaro comes back.

tater_salad
    It l ooks like a Saturn Sky and a Camaro's love child.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

they need to stop the gay ass retro thing...

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    agreed.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

dont listen to then allbaugh_04 I think it looks cool too.. But I cant see Pontiac comeing out with a firebird that will only loose money when the Solstice and the G8 is going to be makeing money .......

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    dont listen to then allbaugh_04 I think it looks cool too.. But I cant see Pontiac comeing out with a firebird that will only loose money when the Solstice and the G8 is going to be makeing money .......
    i agree it looks cool but make it another line of car... the last style was so beautiful with it's gentle curves...

i.m.o. they should bring back the bird with the curvy lines again... and also go with a similar concept for the impala ss with REAR WHEEL drive again...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I like lines better than curves , but to each his own... The hardest car to sell is a high performance 2-door ... and with gas prices where they are at ... Pontiac wants no part of that ... They hafe the GPX.R for sports car races the And Solstice GXP for club raceing ... The G8 will prob take the place of the Bonnie and that will do them good. Chevy will lose all sorts of money on the Camaro if it dont come with a good v-6 ....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

so... you're saying corvette sales would sky rocket if they introduced a V6 series?

no one buys a camaro for the V-6 in it... and with todays more fuel efficient V8's there wouldn't be that much of a difference... most people that buy the camaro/firebird/gto are buying it for the heritage and performance that gave the car it's name...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

so... you're saying corvette sales would sky rocket if they introduced a V6 series?

no one buys a camaro for the V-6 in it... and with todays more fuel efficient V8's there wouldn't be that much of a difference... most people that buy the camaro/firebird/gto are buying it for the heritage and performance that gave the car it's name...
    sky rocket ..No.. but look at how many people buy a Vette just to have the car , not drive it like it should be ....
    Take a page out of Mustangs sales book ... There is millions of Mustangs sold , you see them all over the place .. V-6 cars outsale the GTs 2-1 .....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

sky rocket ..No.. but look at how many people buy a Vette just to have the car , not drive it like it should be ....
    Take a page out of Mustangs sales book ... There is millions of Mustangs sold , you see them all over the place .. V-6 cars outsale the GTs 2-1 .....
    true...

Silver
    1999 Trans Am convertible

Agreed. The only car I'd want them to bring back with styling cues from its... ancestor (can't think of another word, lol and too lazy to open Word and use the thesaurus) would be the Grand National. A modernized GN would badassed!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by John Ceta View Post
    Agreed. The only car I'd want them to bring back with styling cues from its... ancestor (can't think of another word, lol and too lazy to open Word and use the thesaurus) would be the Grand National. A modernized GN would badassed!
    grand national would be super...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I disagree. How similar would it look to the old GN? Probably not very similar. Look how they murdered the look of the GTO. No offense to GTO owners, maybe you love your car, but it's so ugly in my opinion.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

This is the market (including rental car companies) that the new Camaro needs to make it successful.

Us as enthusiasts consider the V-8 the only option but we are a very small portion of the market share!

Black
    2005 GTO

I have to disagree with you on that one. Look at the 05+ mustangs or even 4th gen f-bodies the v6 is what keeps them in the market and from loosing money. I see probably 20 v6 mustangs to 1 gt. The base engines are what brings the money in for the higer end models. If gm were to only come out with a v8 for the camaro they would lose money because they would not sell enough. If no one bought camaros for there v-6 then why are there so many 3rd and 4th gen v-6 camaros out there? I'm not trying to argue with you spaz cause I know were your coming from but the truth is the v-6 keeps cars like the camaro coming back. I personally would't by a v-6 camaro but many many people will.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

base model v6's ftw.

jk, but the ratio of the v6 to v8 sports cars (comparing v6 camaros to v8 camaros, and v6 stangs to v6 stangs) is insane

ill see a camaro or mustang down the street and get all excited... 90% of the time im dissappointed its a 6er

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I have to disagree with you on that one. Look at the 05+ mustangs or even 4th gen f-bodies the v6 is what keeps them in the market and from loosing money. I see probably 20 v6 mustangs to 1 gt. The base engines are what brings the money in for the higer end models. If gm were to only come out with a v8 for the camaro they would lose money because they would not sell enough. If no one bought camaros for there v-6 then why are there so many 3rd and 4th gen v-6 camaros out there? I'm not trying to argue with you spaz cause I know were your coming from but the truth is the v-6 keeps cars like the camaro coming back. I personally would't by a v-6 camaro but many many people will.
    This is absolutely true. The typical person goes to buy a car and they see the cheaper price tag. They have no clue why it's cheaper or how to check the oil or even what a shock is. Some people believe a car has blinker fluid. I eventually convinced my sister a v6 mustang sucks and that I'd disown her if she ever bought one. She's not dumb by any means but she's just like every other american that doesn't know jack about engines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information