Angry Where the fuck can I get JUST the plastic fan blades of the heater blower motor!!

My fucking god.

I have a lancer in the family and the fucking fan blades got fucked up- I DONT NEED THE FUCKING MOTOR.........

So I go to the dealership to just get the blades (IT CLEARLY CAN BE TAKEN APART VERY EASILY) and they tell me i have to buy the WHOLE motor for 243 dollars.

What the fuck is this bullshit?

I could probably buy it and then ebay the new motor by itself, but seriously - fuck these dealerships.

Anyone know?

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

kick em in the balls then do it yourself

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

junk yard, holmes

how many 2002 lancers do u think im gonna find in junk yards?

Black
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Any chance of doing some kind of blade swap, and returning it to wherever you bought it?
    2002 Z28 M6, Black Too many mods to list...check homepage for list....

Well i called some junk yards...

THEY WOULDNT SELL ME JUST THE PLASTIC BLADES either......

The original problem was that a couple of the blades broke off causing it to be off balance.

So the dealership gave me a price of 275 total.

Instead. I cut the exact same number of blades out (3) on the exact opposite side. Then I took two zipties and sort of reinforced it using those and a glue gun.

And it's fixed.

Thanks for nothing fucking mitsubishi.

junkyard

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    My fucking god.

I have a lancer in the family and the fucking fan blades got fucked up- I DONT NEED THE FUCKING MOTOR.........

So I go to the dealership to just get the blades (IT CLEARLY CAN BE TAKEN APART VERY EASILY) and they tell me i have to buy the WHOLE motor for 243 dollars.

What the fuck is this bullshit?

I could probably buy it and then ebay the new motor by itself, but seriously - fuck these dealerships.
    Do you realize that you're probably the first person to come in needing the fan blades for the motor? There isn't a market for just a heater fan blade.

Also, its NOT the dealership's fault. That's just how they get the part, as a complete unit. They're not just going to sell you a piece of the whole unit that they paid for and then have trouble just selling the motor later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z
    Do you realize that you're probably the first person to come in needing the fan blades for the motor? There isn't a market for just a heater fan blade.

Also, its NOT the dealership's fault. That's just how they get the part, as a complete unit. They're not just going to sell you a piece of the whole unit that they paid for and then have trouble just selling the motor later on.
    I'm blaming the company mitsubishi for not selling these two parts seperately.

Why make it so I can take the plastic off the motor if I cant buy it one at atime.

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

look up a place called Billy Grahams firebirds. Its an Fbody salvage yard. Give them a call, see what they got......

rob

Quote Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
    look up a place called Billy Grahams firebirds. Its an Fbody salvage yard. Give them a call, see what they got......

rob

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    I'm blaming the company mitsubishi for not selling these two parts seperately.

Why make it so I can take the plastic off the motor if I cant buy it one at atime.
    Simple: That way they can make more $ while at the same time stocking fewer part numbers.

I had a similar bitch about my Camaro. The rear defogger switch died and needed replacement. You can't buy just the switch, you need to replace the entire climate control module which was something like $400.

Thread Information