Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Christibelle

What's you proudest moment while racing?

I was out driving around Houston with my best friend at the time. This was about 2 1/2 years ago, maybe longer. We were driving down 1960 around the Champions area (for those from here). Anyways, her and i were checking out the area and we hear a lout ass rumble coming up behind us. I looked in my rearview and saw about 4 TA's 2 ZO6's, an SS and a Cobra coming up fast. they caught up and surrounded me. I didn't know what to do. One of the TA's pulled up beside me and dropped down in the middle of the road, so i followed, all the others backed off. From a roll we took off....2nd....3rd..you get the picture. So his car is screamin with mine and i pull a good two links on him. We shut it down probably right before a quarter mile. There is a red light up a head that we stop at. He rolled down his window and looked at my car waiting for me to rolled down mine. So i did. I have never seen a jaw drop so far! He was completetly shocked to see a chick behind the wheel. So as we left from the light the rest of his crew were back around and you could just see them all laughing at him. I couldn't believe i had just beat a guy...in a WS6 at that. And it was in front of all his friends. I don't care if he couldn't drive or what the excuse, i was proud of myself. I wanted to share that.

So who's next?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

here is mine....

first time at the track... i'm at englishtown... i lined up next to my friend greg... greg has a viper venom... it is both of our first times and we didn't let air out of our tires....

the both read on drag racing and mannorism... we do our burn out to get our tires sticky... we both stage... light goes we launch... i take off good with a little bog... and i hit second... i'm now facing a concrete wall from the ass end spining out.. i let off and nail it again.. now i'm facing gregs lane who is coming up fast.... i let off and hit it again adn this time my tires grip... i run through the 1/4 and do a 14.867 @ 108.2 he runs a 14.978 @ 121... he spun tire through most of the track...

i beat a viper venom with my bone stock trans am... the next of our races he killed the shit out of me... he eneded up runnig mid 11's at 128... he now has a 300 shot of N20 and slick but got in to auto cross and now is in to helicopters....

Christibelle
    glad you didn't get personal with the wall

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I remember it like it was yesterday...

It was just before noon, and I had left the house and had driven about a mile or two. I'm at a red light, waiting for it to change, when another car pulls up beside me. I look over at it and the driver, pretty sure that I could beat em... so I start revving it up, the driver looks over at me, and then back to the light, and rolls forward a bit.

The light turns green... I don't floor it all the way, as I wasn't sure if there was going to be a race, but it pulls past me fast, and I get on it. We're neck to neck, but I slowly start edging forward. Its front bumper is at my door, and thats enough for me, so I throw on my hazards.

Then I get a phone call.

"Jason, stop fucking around"
    "alright, alright, sorry mom"

So I let her minivan infront of me and follow her to the oil change place.

Christibelle
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

It was just before noon, and I had left the house and had driven about a mile or two. I'm at a red light, waiting for it to change, when another car pulls up beside me. I look over at it and the driver, pretty sure that I could beat em... so I start revving it up, the driver looks over at me, and then back to the light, and rolls forward a bit.

The light turns green... I don't floor it all the way, as I wasn't sure if there was going to be a race, but it pulls past me fast, and I get on it. We're neck to neck, but I slowly start edging forward. Its front bumper is at my door, and thats enough for me, so I throw on my hazards.

Then I get a phone call.

Nice one, i like it!!!!

gold
    2000 honder accord

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

Then I get a phone call.

I love it

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by REV_IT_UP-TA View Post
    glad you didn't get personal with the wall
    it scared the crap out of me... had i not left off the as i would have spun out all the way and collided with taht and probably bounced off in to a 100k car..

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Mine was when i beat that Srt-10 viper after he gave me the "i drive an $80k Viper....and you have a neon" look......priceless!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Mine was when i beat that Srt-10 viper after he gave me the "i drive an $80k Viper....and you have a neon" look......priceless!!
    priceless... i remember the post..

Christibelle
    thses are some good stories......need more

White
    1998 Trans Am

we had a guy with an srt-4 that was running about 12 flat at the track and was harassing everyone in town, just looking to race anyone. was revving at my friend in his truck when we were cruising one night, so he went and got his chevelle and just anihailated him. took his ass down a notch :P

one night out at the beach with my g/f at the time i saw up ahead a blue/white Viper GTS so i hauled ass to try to get beside him (always wanted to race one) Anyways as luck would have it i caught the light and noticed the car had dealer tags. It was a 30-40 yr old guy with his g/f, wife whatever and he revved and snickered at her like "watch me smoke this punk kid". My Ls1 had a 4" Glasstek cowl hood and straight duals btw, not to mention a 150 shot that i filled up that morning. We left the light hard, once i hit 2nd i was door to door and 3rd gear i was half a car in front . The viper slammed on brakes and turned off real quick I was pumped after that run , felt damn good to # 1 outrun a GTS viper and # 2 embarrass the shit out of that guy in front of his woman.

Another time was months before the viper race, before i even had a nitrous setup. I drive 60 miles one way to work and when i had my car id look forward to every mile in hopes of finding someone to race. As i was leaving work one summer, this real clean burgandy LT1 T/A came hauling ass up beside me out of nowhere. It was 2 black guys and they were giving me this hard ass "you aint got shit in that car" look. We got lined up about a mile before hitting the 4 lane at a light. The passenger kept looking over and grinned and even waved bye before the light turned green. He got me off the line b/c i had 18" on Nittos but once i spun out of 2nd gear, i had 2-3 cars before hitting 3rd good and by then it was time to slow down for the exit. Thinking he'd had enough, he pulled up beside me and said "ill take you on top end, you wont touch me from a roll" . I couldnt wait for this one, maybe he had some spray or something he was holding out on. We go from about a 50 or so roll and i let him get the jump. I pulled hard from that speed and walked him real bad, cant remember exactly how many cars in what time length but it wasnt even close. It was fun putting them in their place

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

In 1998 I went to New England Dragway for Camaro Day. It was my first year of racing and my first time at a 1/4 mile track. I had spend the summer racing at a local 1/8 mile facility and had finished runner up four times but never took home a victory.

The quarter mile was a new experience for me and I entered the Street Tire class along with at least a hundred other cars. I did not know anyone at this track and my car was basically a stock LT1 with a six speed, headers, cat back, and drag radials. I was running 1.35-13.6 at 100-101 mph in time trials and had a couple of early round wins as many of the drivers did not understand how to bracket race and had bad reaction times and would run under their dial (break out).

By the thir round things began to get tighter as the more experienced drivers were winning most of the races.

I believe it was seven rounds to get into the finals but I would be wrong as it was a long time ago. I had no idea who the guy was in the other lane but he seemed nice enough and he was faster than me.

I ran .01 off my dial and had him by a few hundredths on the tree. I remember when he did not pass me and I was slowing at the finish I was extremely worried I had run too quick as I didn't back off on my shifts when I saw I was ahead by "too much" but when the win light came on in my lane I just started hopping up and down in my seat I was so excited.

My opponent came up to me as I was having my winner circle picture taken and shook my hand congratulating me. That mean't a great deal. I learned later he was the Street Class Champion that year at New England Dragway.

That first victory will always stand out in my mind and I drove home with that big trophy sitting in the passenger seat grinning from ear to ear.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

Just a good run.
    Click here to see Video

People see the video and ask what happened to the GTO, did he break down. No just ran a 13sec run.

Blue

I took out the #1 guy in points in the 1st round and ruined his championship,lol.

Silver
    2002 WS6

had the T/A for about 7-8 months (brand new jan. 2002), and it was still all stock except for a lid and electric cutout.
    Met up with some friends at a local car hangout on a summer saturday night, and this guy with a '00 Mustang GT comes up and asks if I want to run, I ask him what he's got, all he says is "Intake, exhaust and gears" so I'm thinking this should be easy!
    we set out to "the spot" and he is behind me the whole way, when we get there he pulls up next to me and thats when I heard THE DAMN SUPERCHARGER!! so I thought.....so thats what he meant by "intake" wink wink lol
    so I figured well, we just drove all this way so might as well...thinking I was going to get my ass handed to me.

We go from a dig with a flagger, we were even until I hit third and I pulled about a car, he made an excuse...we tried again, same result. he made an excuse, we go from a roll, he honks I put about 1 1/2 cars upto 120ish.

we get back and the dude claims up and down that I was lying about my mods.........

pretty sorry when a GT can't even pull a 99% stock LS1...WITH F/I!

it was pretty satisfying
    2002 WS6 aka "Mr.Brownstone"

My car is my heroin

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

My GN versus a co-worker's lt1 trans/am.

He started talking shit at work.

I found him out one night.

I beat him bad (bus-lengths) from a stop.

He tried to do a flyby on the highway on the way home.

I don't think so.

The cows on the side of the highway were laughing at him.

tater_salad
    You'll probably laugh at this one, since it doesn't involve an Fbod, or anything "fast" at all, but here goes...

A couple of years ago, a bunch of friends were just hanging out in the Wal Mart parking lot. A guy, Mike, drove an 04 Silverardo short box reg cab 4x4, with the 5.3 under the hood. He was bragging about beating another friend's truck. Tiny's truck was an 85 Silverado long bed still carbed 350. Mike's exact words to Tiny were "I beat that thing 4 times in 2 miles!"

So I step up, "I'll race you."
    Mike: "With what? The Sunfire?"

Me: "Yep."

Mike: "I wouldn't even waste my gas!"

Me: "Scared? Let's go down the road."

Mike agrees, and a friend jumps in his truck, and I'm riding alone.

We get to a road just shy of a 1/4 mile to accelerate. Mike honks three times. He takes off spinning, I spin a little, hook, and am gone.

We get back, and he's claiming I've either super/turbo charged my car! I even open my hood for him to see! He even sold Pontiac Sunfires! I still get him with it.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

had my car for like 3 days and was driving down the highway with a friend. Got stuck at a light in the right lane, in the center lane a new roush stage 1, in the left a civic. They both start reving the piss out of their cars so i just take off with them at green. Roush chirps every damn gear, civic makes a bunch of noise. Next thing i know im 3 or 4 lengths ahead of roush and about 4 bus lengths ahead of the civic. It was a good laugh and my first real street race.

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
    You'll probably laugh at this one, since it doesn't involve an Fbod, or anything "fast" at all, but here goes...

A couple of years ago, a bunch of friends were just hanging out in the Wal Mart parking lot. A guy, Mike, drove an 04 Silverardo short box reg cab 4x4, with the 5.3 under the hood. He was bragging about beating another friend's truck. Tiny's truck was an 85 Silverado long bed still carbed 350. Mike's exact words to Tiny were "I beat that thing 4 times in 2 miles!"

So I step up, "I'll race you."
    Mike: "With what? The Sunfire?"

Me: "Yep."

Mike: "I wouldn't even waste my gas!"

Me: "Scared? Let's go down the road."

Mike agrees, and a friend jumps in his truck, and I'm riding alone.

We get to a road just shy of a 1/4 mile to accelerate. Mike honks three times. He takes off spinning, I spin a little, hook, and am gone.

We get back, and he's claiming I've either super/turbo charged my car! I even open my hood for him to see! He even sold Pontiac Sunfires! I still get him with it.

that ones kind of hard to believe , my bro's ex had a sunfire and it was a brick, but nice kill. silverados even with the 4.8 are no slouch, especially from a roll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information