View Poll Results: What should the legal driving age be?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll

13 22.81%

7 12.28%

37 64.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

What should the legal driving age be?

someone brought it up in another thread...the legal age should be 18.

What do you think the age should be? Are teens ready to take on the roads @ 16? were you?

Black
    99 SS

i was ready at 16 only because i had been driving tractors and truck since i was 10 at my farm, and thats the only reason, hell some people cant even drive at 18

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

sry to say but shit some of youngins cant drive for shit. kid helped me move some stuff. put his pos in park before he came to a stop.

Black & Brilliant Silver

16. tells everybody hes gone be 17 in a couple of months. if u have to say that u shouldnt be driving. country folk learn to drive on the farm. most others never learn.

when i was a kid you could get a hardship at 14.....all the people i knew with them were people who's parents literally shitted cash.....back then a hardship was something like "mom works too and can't pick up the kid and the bus ride is WAY too long".....or the kid "works" too.....all "working" at some family business of course

man the good ol' days were a blast

Black & Brilliant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by INandOUTBurger View Post
    when i was a kid you could get a hardship at 14.....all the people i knew with them were people who's parents literally shitted cash.....back then a hardship was something like "mom works too and can't pick up the kid and the bus ride is WAY too long".....or the kid "works" too.....all "working" at some family business of course

man the good ol' days were a blast
    how old are u?

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by D!ck View Post
    16. tells everybody hes gone be 17 in a couple of months. if u have to say that u shouldnt be driving. country folk learn to drive on the farm. most others never learn.

guess im a country folk

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

there should be better testing done... and fuckin old people need to retake thier test after the age of 60 and then again every 5 years... and if they fail they shouldn't have driving privilages till they pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    there should be better testing done... and fuckin old people need to retake thier test after the age of 60 and then again every 5 years... and if they fail they shouldn't have driving privilages till they pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    calm down, stay on topic

yes, i think that testing and permit times should be extended. especially with every kid getting a cell phone when they hit puberty and you know miss popularity needs to chat and drive at the same time...hell, keepin kids on the bus might humble enough of them too. I can't stand cocky teenagers

Black & Brilliant Silver

driving tests should be done on 6 lane roads. cuz thats where the stupid comes out.

Black & Brilliant Silver

or at night. "its so hard to see" then get the fuck off the road. ii can see just fine and ur in my fucken lane!!!!!!!!!!!

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    FUCK THAT
    people should have to retake their licence when they're god damn 50.

It should be against the law to be on a cell and driving at the same time, and i can't believe it's not a law yet.

I'm gonna say the kids should have to be 18 to get their license.
    90% of them are just plain fucking idiots. And i feel sorry for the teens who are responsible but it's still a 9 to 1 ratio.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think it should be different in different areas. The population of the county I live in is like 3750,with no stop lights in the county, and every guy and half the girls in my class had farm permits at 14 which allow you drive to school and back or work and back, after we turned 16 our licenses changed over, we never had any serious problems either.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

16 is fine new drivers need experience as the main skill so the earlier the better.

I do agree with re-testing the 'old drivers' aswell.

@dd how did you get your name in fancy green? Are you a new staff member here now?

navy blue metallic
    1998 camaro ss vert

at least 18, my sis got t-boned by a kid who just got his license he was runnin around with a bunch of other kids in the car. He blew a stop sign and slammed her doing about 45 in a 25. Totaled her brand new mustang, they had to get her out with the jaws of life, she was pretty messed up for a while. I also agree with older people having to retake their tests. There have been at least 3 incidents here in the last 5 yrs. of old people getting on the wrong side of the freeway and takin' people out. One guy hit a family head on and killed everyone including a couple of little kids. And cell phones.... ughh what a night mare, they don't pay attention and pull out in front of you, so you lay on your horn and they look at you like your some kind of asshole. WTF is this world coming too.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

now that i am over wanting to get my liscense being that i have had it. i truly think it should be 18. i got mine at 17 but speaking for the united states as a whole i really do think it should jus be 18.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

15 or 16 is cool with me.
    Now old folks...shit fire....after 65 they should have to take a driving test and an eye test to keep their liscense..RV's should be banned form the planet....
    Old folks in muscle cars would be exempt.

Leave the driving age as-is. If so many teenagers are gettin in wrecks and killing people then how the fuck are they passing driving tests? If im a driving instructor and a kid cant drive, dont give 'em the god damn licsense. btw im pretty sure that most of the kids at my school are getting in wrecks also because theyre spoiled and inresponsible because their parents buy all of their cars and shit. None of them can appreciate something that their parents bought them. they think "hmmm I just wrapped my new car around a tree, oh well mommy and daddy will buy me another one tommorrow so its ok if I act like a jackass." If our country would stop passing people who can't drive and stop handing over cars to kids who are too lazy to get off their ass and get a job we would see a lot less shitty teenage drivers. Kids who buy their own cars are much more likely to care for it and be a responsible driver and those of you that assume all teenagers are shitty drivers can

Silver
    99 Trans Am

lets see I'm 17 and have owned a 500 hp Chevelle and now my T/A

No wrecks, no tickets, never pulled over, nothing (knock on wood)

Plus I work at a Tow Truck Co. we do 80% of the wrecks close to my town because our drivers are the fastest. Anyway I see far less 16-19 years wrecking and totalling their cars than I do 30-33 year olds.

Not tryin to be a prick just stating what I see

Plus there are lots of people older than me that have never driven a car that breaks loose at 50 mph (the chevelle) and would likely end up in a ditch far sooner than I would BTW I've never been close to ending up in a ditch

Quote Originally Posted by D!ck View Post
    how old are u?
    37 in Texas

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information