what do you do when you feel down?

I'm having the worst time of my life.
    Any advice on getting over? forgetting?

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

um more info on your situation

black
    98 WS6

EVERYTHING sucks, everything, there is no ONE thing that goes well right now.
    I can't fix anything, I just wanna get over, move on, forget.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    EVERYTHING sucks, everything, there is no ONE thing that goes well right now.
    I can't fix anything, I just wanna get over, move on, forget.
    Sounds like my 2009. If you let it, it will affect your health too. Are you in a situation where you need to move to another location and get a fresh start on life?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

do something for yourself. maybe include some friends...maybe don't that's your call. but do something that you want to do that's just for you.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

Yep sounds like me. Can't catch a break, seems like you fix one problem only to have something else take its place. This past year has be utter shit for me. My main issue was having a girlfriend that lived with me for five years (was really thinking of getting her a ring and the whole 9) only to have her talking to someone she met(behind my back) on xbox live and dumped me for him and he lived states away, go figure. Yea yea more girls out there i know, but hurt me like hell and still have some times where i feal like crap about it. Now with her leaving i just lost 500 bucks a month towards the mortgage and other bills, on top of that my company shut down countless service centers,layed off 150 sales guys,cut hrs and no pay increases for atleast 2 years. Greatttttttt now i have even less money. At that same time had the credit cards changed all their terms and payments. I was also having a rough time at work due to co-workers being dicks and me not fitting in too well with their click(ex im just the young kid and dont know anything type of deal, always put down in that respect). I have had a weight issue most of my life and was up to 285lbs and well with that comes the jokes,put downs and lets not forget no attention from the girly girls---thats real good for taking the wind out of your sail. i got a stepmom thats always putting me down for the type of work i do since i dont make tons of money, pretty much blow her off when she does that but it can get to you after a while so i would avoid stoping over my dads. As far as friends, well i got none, not true i do have them but either they moved away to other states, got married and basically cut off all their friends or they were my ex gf friends that i would hang out with, well not no more.
    So that leaves me with boring friday nights/weekends and even if i wanted to do something like see a movie well there is really no one to go with and forget about famiily as they are all over the place in different states.. oh not to mention the ta is hitting the 10 year mark and needs some work and anytime it gives me the least bit of trouble i freak since that is my only ride and if something major goes i dont have the cash for it..

hows that compaired to you
    Last edited by LS1WS6; 04-07-2010 at 04:25 PM.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Sounds like my 2009. If you let it, it will affect your health too. Are you in a situation where you need to move to another location and get a fresh start on life?
    I think that's what I'll end up doing soon.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Today was a nice day here where I live, I went for a run and passed by a "Ultimate Sacrifice" memorial. Maybe me being a military member makes me appreciate it more, but it is a sobering thing if you stop and think about those who "gave their all"

On nice days like today I think of those who have passed to preserve our way of life, and I think of my friends who are / have been / are going overseas to continue to preserve our way of life and try to spread it around the world.

When I feel down I think of those who went before, there are always people who are going to have it worse than you.

So I tell you my friend, take a look at the nice things you have (because I've seen em') and do some "critical" thinking. You will be alright, it just takes time to get things in order. Never hurts to talk to somebody about situations like this, person to person.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Find something that cheers you up. Doesn't matter how stupid it is or insignificant. Just keep looking until you find it.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I sleep alot on weekends and lounge around when I'm in a rut, the complete wrong thing to do. Sunlight and exercise helps

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

If I were you I'd start drinking fast and hard.

ALCOHOL, the solution to all of lifes little annoying problems!

Of course I BS. You could do like I do. Chalk it up as bad karma for the day/week/month/year. There's always tomorrow.

Then again at this stage in my life (senior citizen) I rarely let anything bother me cuz I know it's all temporary anyway.

NBM
    2002 Z28

LIFE is what it is called. Deal with the bad times and enjoy the good ones.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
    LIFE is what it is called. Deal with the bad times and enjoy the good ones.
    Strong username to possible thread outcome correlation.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

usually if I'm feeling like my life sucks I just post in one of nhrafirebird's threads and get a little insight into his life. All at once mine doesn't seem that bad.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Strong username to possible thread outcome correlation.
    :

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I look out my kitchen window at my car and remind myself that I am a good person and I have accomplished alot of things in my life...and to hell with those who enjoy ruining the lives of others.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

Just look at it this way, your not going to die and will see a better day sometime in the future. Just try and fix one issue at a time and find things that can keep you busy/fun to do for a long while. Try working out,getting outside, do something on your car even if its just cleaning it out. Try out a new hobby, just something that you can really get into.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I've found that the more you put yourself out there be it going to the gym and meeting even ONE nice friend there, or anything centered around a hobby will often pick your life up. A guy I work with had the same issues some of you guys had, owned/owns a harley and loves to ride, had another coworker that also rode and they were talking about how the one guy was bored and not doing shit etc. Well the other coworker happend to be part of a motorcycle club. The guy joined and now he is having the time of his life. THey have a club house with tons of bikes, a gym in it, a garage and more chicks then you can imagine. The sex and debauchery that happens at that place is unimaginable till you actually see it. Strippers are there all the time. The jist of what I'm saying is often through one friend your life can pick up a whole lot.

All the problems with work and money though I have aboslutely NO FUCKING ANSWER to because im in the same boat. Theres two things I don't understand in life..... Jobs and women lmao

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    I think that's what I'll end up doing soon.
    It might do you some good. It sounds like you are in that viscious cycle of negatives. You need to make changes to your routines, change things up a lot. Find positives, concentrate on those. Determine what are negatives and work on eliminating them from your life/routines.

Are you a high anxiety type person, worry about shit too much?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    It might do you some good. It sounds like you are in that viscious cycle of negatives. You need to make changes to your routines, change things up a lot. Find positives, concentrate on those. Determine what are negatives and work on eliminating them from your life/routines.

Are you a high anxiety type person, worry about shit too much?
    You basically just fixed my life with this post. lol It totally applies to me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information