Silver
    2002 Trans AM

What to do now? (work related)

I been at the same hospital for 5 years now. A position was going to be opened in the CatScan Department. It would mean, less work, better people, less stress and different Supervisor. I spoke to the CatScan supervisor about the position and she said she would consider transferring me into her department.

Today, she pulls me to the side and tell me that I didn't get the position, but my co-worker did instead. I have nothing against him. Even though both of us applied for the same position, I should of gotten it because I worked there longer.

The reason why I wanted to transfer is the people I work with...they are a bunch of losers who don't do any physical work. Out of 15 only 3 or 4 that actually do work. My supervisor is one of them, he sees whats going on and lets it slide.

Now the reason why I didn't get the position is because He doesn't want to lose me. Its because if I leave to another department, someone else has to do my work and he knows it won't be done.

What to do now? I am so upset. I was looking forward to that position for a long time.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

sucks man i dont know what to tell you...usually ppl say the harder you work the better youll be, but in your case it seems to have worked against you. tough decision... do some research at other hospitals, see that theyre willing to do to get you and see what your boss is willing to do to keep you

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    That seems like a common situation. Someone works hard and the others slack off and probably get paid better. Hell, they even have commercials about it. Every time I've found myself in that kind of situation I have quit and moved on. There has to be a better situation out there somewhere.

NBM
    2000 Vette

That pretty much sucks! Now is the time to start looking at the competition, and sending out resumes! Good luck!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    Even though both of us applied for the same position, I should of gotten it because I worked there longer.

Now the reason why I didn't get the position is because He doesn't want to lose me. Its because if I leave to another department, someone else has to do my work and he knows it won't be done.

What to do now? I am so upset. I was looking forward to that position for a long time.
    #1... who has more knowledge in this field or hands on experience...

#2... if you stupidvisor kept you due to other ass holes in your dept you need to pull him to the side and tell him face to face taht it is bull shit and if he/she so much as blinks in a manor that offends you that you will file for grievence...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    #1... who has more knowledge in this field or hands on experience...

#2... if you stupidvisor kept you due to other ass holes in your dept you need to pull him to the side and tell him face to face taht it is bull shit and if he/she so much as blinks in a manor that offends you that you will file for grievence...
    and with my #2 opinion/comment... don't fuckin hold back either... because the fucker is already afraid to lose you... so you can fucking walk all over thier shit and get away with murder...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You're screwed...if you take it far enough they'll probably just lie and say he got it because he does better work. Are you in the union?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    You're screwed...if you take it far enough they'll probably just lie and say he got it because he does better work. Are you in the union?
    which goes majorly with my post... if you are union you can fuck them up pretty bad... but... you got to make sure there is nothing they can hold against you...

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

which goes majorly with my post... if you are union you can fuck them up pretty bad... but... you got to make sure there is nothing they can hold against you...

No, its not a Union.

At this point I cant do much.

Unfortunately I can't file anything. What’s done is done...

I did however take an exam for a certain position last month. Its not even medically related. I am still waiting for the results. If I pass everything, I pretty much will change my career move.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    No, its not a Union.

At this point I cant do much.

Unfortunately I can't file anything. What’s done is done...

I did however take an exam for a certain position last month. Its not even medically related. I am still waiting for the results. If I pass everything, I pretty much will change my career move.
    none the less... if they are unwilling to leave you go for another department... then they are unwilling to fire you... give them a piece of your mind... fuck them up verbally... don't puss out man... i've been there and i've done what i am saying... when i walked out of the office i was the man to all the people who were eves dropping out side the door...

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

none the less... if they are unwilling to leave you go for another department... then they are unwilling to fire you... give them a piece of your mind... fuck them up verbally... don't puss out man... i've been there and i've done what i am saying... when i walked out of the office i was the man to all the people who were eves dropping out side the door...

I wish I can do that, but I got a Morgage. Unless I got a back up job, there is no way I can act the way you described. Trust me, if they wanted to fire me they would. All they got to do is hire someone else that will make $10 less than me hourly.

Thread Information