Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Whalers sink anti-whaling ship

In this day and age, why the hell can't a stop be put to this crap? I'm not a crazy environmentalist but I think whaling is unnecessary and cruel. The Japanese are trying to act like it's all for "research". Apparently they think they can do whatever they want without regard to international law.

Anyway the if you've heard about or have seen the show "Whale Wars", these are the same people.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34722032..._environment//

Here's another link, in case the msnbcraped out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100107/...rctica_whaling
    Last edited by BdAsBrd01; 01-06-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: MSNBC link crapped out, as usual.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

And I think these toolbags who spend millions of dollars on high-tech carbon fiber/kevlar speedboats for the purpose of parking in front of a ship thousands of times their mass got exactly what they had coming.

I don't agree with whaling, but the people are the Whale Wars show are idiots. Add to that, the Captain just plain lies. Did anyone see the episode where he claims he was shot?

It always kinda made me laugh because they never seem to stop anything when the camera is on. Yet they have the names of all these ships they've "sank?" Yeah right....

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    And I think these toolbags who spend millions of dollars on high-tech carbon fiber/kevlar speedboats for the purpose of parking in front of a ship thousands of times their mass got exactly what they had coming.
    Haven't seen the video. I just think whaling in itself is cruel and unnecessary. There are crazies on both sides of the issue as always.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRACER247 View Post
    I don't agree with whaling, but the people are the Whale Wars show are idiots. Add to that, the Captain just plain lies. Did anyone see the episode where he claims he was shot?

It always kinda made me laugh because they never seem to stop anything when the camera is on. Yet they have the names of all these ships they've "sank?" Yeah right....
    So does the Japanese government. But yeah, I agree that the episode where dude was "shot" was totally silly.
    Last edited by BdAsBrd01; 01-06-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

These ass clowns are so bad that even South Park punked them out. Really?!? Spend $5 million dollars on an 1989 Batmobile look-a-like boat and take it up against a whaling boat! These dipshits should have went down with the boat so that it would raise the world gene pool up a couple of notches.

I'm waiting for whales to come up holding a sign that says "please stop your an embarrassment to your people, signed the whales."

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

south park had a great episode regarding this

98 Formula
    06 duramax

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwNvIM2W9Aw&feature=related[/ame]

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I wonder what whale tastes like...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I wonder what whale tastes like...
    I wonder what Jap tastes like....

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Not everyone gives a shit about animals. We used to use whale products here. If someone parked the batmobile in front of my ship when I'm trying to make money I'm running them over.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Not everyone gives a shit about animals. We used to use whale products here. If someone parked the batmobile in front of my ship when I'm trying to make money I'm running them over.
    It was a dumb move to park an expensive speedboat in front of a Jap-whaler (Orientals have a hard enough time operating a car, I can only imagine how well they can operate a boat). It just seems ignorant to me, that the Japanese government can get away with that crap. I mean, technically, they're violating international law. I look at it like this: my family has some land-it is POSTED NO HUNTING. Anyone caught on our land will be prosecuted. End of fucking story. Can I deer hunt there? YES. Why? Because it's my fucking land. Can any dumbass that parks his truck in the driveway, NO. Why? Because it my fucking land!
    Seems to me like they'd get the concept. The waters they are hunting in are posted conservation areas. Same concept.
    Last edited by BdAsBrd01; 01-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Just saw the vid on the news, the japs just kept on truckin. But they steered away once and the hippies (what do they call themselves?) did it again

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Whales are mammals, probably smarter than dogs or chimps. Its not cool to hunt them anymore in the modern era. I'm with you.

I don't watch Whale Wars, but I think its great that they harass the japanese whaling vessels.

But you are in a strongly republican district here on LS1.com. And there's no room for Teddy Roosevelt-style republican environmentalists on teh internets these days, either.

Internet Republicans are pro-business, F-the animals. Sarah Palin for President!! Nuke Iran!!

So hunker down, we're going to be outnumbered in this thread.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Just saw the vid on the news, the japs just kept on truckin. But they steered away once and the hippies (what do they call themselves?) did it again
    People that can't drive their own speedboat? I'm not a bleeding heart liberool and I hate hippies for the record I dunno I just get annoyed over territory disputes and I like animals, at least more than some so called "people". At least the whales aren't over-populating. I kind of liken this to the Mexican army coming over the border of Texas (on video) to protect drugrunners.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Ok I am for and against whale hunting/fishing or whatever it is called. Against it the way japs go about it . For it as far as the few Alaskan/ canadian natives that use whales for food and whatever else. I see no problem with it as long as responsible people do it in a responsible manner without doing much harm to the overall population.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Whales are mammals, probably smarter than dogs or chimps. Its not cool to hunt them anymore in the modern era. I'm with you.

I don't watch Whale Wars, but I think its great that they harass the japanese whaling vessels.

But you are in a strongly republican district here on LS1.com. And there's no room for Teddy Roosevelt-style republican environmentalists on teh internets these days, either.

Internet Republicans are pro-business, F-the animals. Sarah Palin for President!! Nuke Iran!!

So hunker down, we're going to be outnumbered in this thread.
    Normally I am strongly in agreement with the Repubs but you're totally right about Teddy Roosevelt. I like a lot of his policies.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Ok I am for and against whale hunting/fishing or whatever it is called. Against it the way japs go about it . For it as far as the few Alaskan/ canadian natives that use whales for food and whatever else. I see no problem with it as long as responsible people do it in a responsible manner without doing much harm to the overall population.
    Agreed and it should be regulated, like deer hunting. Only certain times can you take does, etc. I've never had a problem with hunting as long as the population doesn't get wiped out. Preferrably it should be done towards the humane side, I mean the Japs will shoot the baby whale so that they can lure in the mother (trying to protect it) to shoot her. That's just fucking sick and twisted.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by BdAsBrd01 View Post
    Agreed and it should be regulated, like deer hunting. Only certain times can you take does, etc. I've never had a problem with hunting as long as the population doesn't get wiped out. Preferrably it should be done towards the humane side, I mean the Japs will shoot the baby whale so that they can lure in the mother (trying to protect it) to shoot her. That's just fucking sick and twisted.
    seem like since they are so "smart" (the japs) they would have invented a call to call the whales in instead they call attention to themselves by doing stupid shit. smarter than us my ass.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    seem like since they are so "smart" (the japs) they would have invented a call to call the whales in instead they call attention to themselves by doing stupid shit. smarter than us my ass.
    I've never thought they were that damned smart. Ever seen one try to park a Toyota?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information