Black
    99 Z28

Unhappy We'll miss you LeRoi Moore

This might be old news for many. I was camping in the mountains on the 19th when they released this. I love DMB. This is a really tragic loss of talent and life of someone who was a great person to have in the world.

08/19/2008

We are deeply saddened that LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. LeRoi had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program.

website

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

sucks...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Julius Carry the shogun of harlem from the last dragon died too. He died about the sametime

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    This might be old news for many. I was camping in the mountains on the 19th when they released this. I love DMB. This is a really tragic loss of talent and life of someone who was a great person to have in the world.

website
    wow thats pretty shocking. how severe was the atv accident? no helmet i presume. that seriously blows. DMB is the kinda band that just wont work with replacements.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

This is REAL fucked up, from what I read he unintentionally killed himself. Sources close to the situation said that Moore left the VA hospital he was staying at AGAINST DOCTORS ORDERS to go and surprise the band with a visit. He apparently didn't tell the doctors what he was up to, and ended up chartering his own private plane to head to LA to see the band, and I believe he might also have a 2nd home near LA. Apparently the cause of his death in a LA hospital was a blod clot, and more than a few people in the medical field have suggested that he probably had the blod clot in his legs and due to flying and the high altitude it caused the clot to release and make it's way to his heart thus killing him. Apparently high altitudes can cause problems with clots. They said if the doctors knew he was going to fly they would have never let him do it for those reasons. So basically by being secretive he inadvertantly caused his own death...

Thread Information