Thread: Water 2 Gas

red

Water 2 Gas

Has anybody hear or used this product called Water 2 Gas? http://www.watertogas.com/compare-products.html Driving a truck that get's 10 mpg is hurting.
    1996 Z28 LT-1 (with basic bolt-on)

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81546 check out this thread about those products. . .

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

I think the water injection concept has been around for a while and is basically a mist effect that goes in to the intake and creates a cooling effect which is supposed increases power and possibly MPGs, similar to methanol injection. However, the hydrogen concept seems a bit out there, I would be concerned about detonation and tunning issues; however, it is theoretically possible.

red

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81546 check out this thread about those products. . .

Thanks for point me to that...I do some reading on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    I think the water injection concept has been around for a while and is basically a mist effect that goes in to the intake and creates a cooling effect which is supposed increases power and possibly MPGs, similar to methanol injection. However, the hydrogen concept seems a bit out there, I would be concerned about detonation and tunning issues; however, it is theoretically possible.
    i thought the product he was talkin about was a hydrogen injector. it basically creates hydrogen from water and injects in your intake, allowin you to use less gas

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

i thought the product he was talkin about was a hydrogen injector. it basically creates hydrogen from water and injects in your intake, allowin you to use less gas
    He is but if you click on the link there are three options, two hydrogen injectors and 1 water injection set up.

He is but if you click on the link there are three options, two hydrogen injectors and 1 water injection set up.
    ok i gotcha hahaha i didnt read your post all the way thro. . .sorry about that

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

The water injection is the only one that I think would work, but there are more reputable companies out there to get such a product. Personally if I was going to go through the trouble of doing that, I would go with a methanol injection set up.

The water injection is the only one that I think would work, but there are more reputable companies out there to get such a product. Personally if I was going to go through the trouble of doing that, I would go with a methanol injection set up.
    well ive heard many "stories" about hydrogen injection workin, but not actually seen someone in real life have one. i think the reason many like the hydrogen set up idea is its basic free after the initial cost. . . but i have no idea, thats why i made my thread i linked to!

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

well ive heard many "stories" about hydrogen injection workin, but not actually seen someone in real life have one. i think the reason many like the hydrogen set up idea is its basic free after the initial cost. . . but i have no idea, thats why i made my thread i linked to!
    Yea I looked at that, it's actually a really informative thread, kind of a rarity

I'm not a chemist but hydrogen is extremely unstable and I would assume has a different combustion point then your regular 87 octane fuel and I would hate to try to regulate it with a home made contraption.... but that's just me.

Thread Information