Thread: v12 vanquish

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

v12 vanquish

long story short i was cruising down US1, when i spotted a aston martin v12 vanquish in the center lane, i pull up beside him look over drop it one gear and floored it, he hit the gas too but didnt seem to "move" like i expected, it was only a short sprint 3-4 gear, then a red light gets both of us, he looks over and said not bad , but you wont get me from a stop ,then he starts revving it. if you have never heard a free flowing exhaust from a v12 vanquish you have not experienced life to its fullest ,it sounds nasty. sad my wife was in the car if not i would have given it a go for america damn wife..........

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

shoulda done it.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yep. Should of done it.

Trans Am owner
    former

you know how they make those v-12's?

they sandwich 2 ford v-6's together, and i think they are modded by cosworth (i think), and they drop it in the car.

so, you pay all that money for that car, and you get a crap ass ford motor in it......that sucks

rapter34
    should have dropped the wife... For America

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    you know how they make those v-12's?

they sandwich 2 ford v-6's together, and i think they are modded by cosworth (i think), and they drop it in the car.

so, you pay all that money for that car, and you get a crap ass ford motor in it......that sucks
    the cyl heads are high flowing heads unique to jus that engine, completely different cams etc. If you think that its jus 2 duratecs welded together you're nuts lol

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    the cyl heads are high flowing heads unique to jus that engine, completely different cams etc. If you think that its jus 2 duratecs welded together you're nuts lol
    hence the part i included about be modified by cosworth.

cosworth makes some crazy shit!!!!! actually real cool stuff

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

The Vanquish is powered by a 5.9 L (5935 cc) 48-valve 60° V12 engine, which produces 343 kW (460 hp) and 542 N·m (400 ft·lbf) of torque. It is controlled by a fly-by-wire throttle and a 6 speed 'paddle shift' or semi-automatic transmission. A special V12 Vanquish S debuted at the 2004 Paris Auto Show with the power upped to 388 kW (520 hp) and 577 N·m (426 ft·lbf).

The Vanquish's V12 engine shares some components and design elements with the 3.0 L Duratec 30 V6 from parent-company Ford. It even shares the same bore and stroke dimensions. For this reason, many people incorrectly dismiss the Aston Martin V12 as merely "two Duratecs linked together."

The V12 engine in the Vanquish was designed at Ford Research in the USA. Cosworth Technologies was originally contracted to manufacture the engine, but had no involvement with the design. Previous articles which correctly recount this engine's development have appeared in Automotive Industries magazine.

It is correct that the AM V12 shares components with the 3.0L 'Duratec' V-6 engine used in the Ford Taurus, but it is not possible to simply put two V-6's together to make a V12. The bank offset for a V12 is equal to one rod bearing width, whereas the bank offset for a 60-degree V-6 is significantly longer than one rod bearing width, thus it is necessary to design a V12 as a totally new engine

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    long story short i was cruising down US1, when i spotted a aston martin v12 vanquish in the center lane, i pull up beside him look over drop it one gear and floored it, he hit the gas too but didnt seem to "move" like i expected, it was only a short sprint 3-4 gear, then a red light gets both of us, he looks over and said not bad , but you wont get me from a stop ,then he starts revving it. if you have never heard a free flowing exhaust from a v12 vanquish you have not experienced life to its fullest ,it sounds nasty. sad my wife was in the car if not i would have given it a go for america damn wife..........
    you fail at racing, you get some AWESOME chance to slam some exotic in the fucking ground... and you bitch out. Way to be a Alpha Male

Black
    , 2007 CBR600RR

Nomarriage.com

FAIL@life.

die.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Next time say to your wife, "We're stopped at a red light, you can get out if you want."

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    The Vanquish is powered by a 5.9 L (5935 cc) 48-valve 60° V12 engine, which produces 343 kW (460 hp) and 542 N·m (400 ft·lbf) of torque. It is controlled by a fly-by-wire throttle and a 6 speed 'paddle shift' or semi-automatic transmission. A special V12 Vanquish S debuted at the 2004 Paris Auto Show with the power upped to 388 kW (520 hp) and 577 N·m (426 ft·lbf).

The Vanquish's V12 engine shares some components and design elements with the 3.0 L Duratec 30 V6 from parent-company Ford. It even shares the same bore and stroke dimensions. For this reason, many people incorrectly dismiss the Aston Martin V12 as merely "two Duratecs linked together."

The V12 engine in the Vanquish was designed at Ford Research in the USA. Cosworth Technologies was originally contracted to manufacture the engine, but had no involvement with the design. Previous articles which correctly recount this engine's development have appeared in Automotive Industries magazine.

It is correct that the AM V12 shares components with the 3.0L 'Duratec' V-6 engine used in the Ford Taurus, but it is not possible to simply put two V-6's together to make a V12. The bank offset for a V12 is equal to one rod bearing width, whereas the bank offset for a 60-degree V-6 is significantly longer than one rod bearing width, thus it is necessary to design a V12 as a totally new engine
    if thats not ownage i dont knwo what is...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

and astons arent the fastest thing on the planet, they jsut are the most beautiful and sound like god

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

I saw one the other day when I was leaving work. I work in West Palm so it could have actually been the same car. Doubtful but possible. the guy was getting on it pretty good. Probably the best sounding streetcar I have ever heard.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    I saw one the other day when I was leaving work. I work in West Palm so it could have actually been the same car. Doubtful but possible. the guy was getting on it pretty good. Probably the best sounding streetcar I have ever heard.

nope sorry... the f355 wins
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=4LdaNknrWxs

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    haha, i much much much prefer the sound of my car to that. i dont care if thats faster.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    I gotta disagree. I have heard the 355, 360 Modenas, etc. and while they sound amazing. I prefer the tone of the Vanquish.

Thread Information